Author Topic: Boys, 7 and 11, attempt robbery with gun--- DU, "THAT's RACIST!!!"  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: Boys, 7 and 11, attempt robbery with gun--- DU, "THAT's RACIST!!!"
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »
Evil, ever hear of Buck Fever ?    What we call it up North East.

Umm no.  I live in Las Vegas and grew up in Wisconsin.  We don't use crazy talk like that.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »
If I had done something stupid enough to have the cops arrest me, I would have been begging them to keep me locked up, away from my father.....and that's the truth.

Oh, maaahhnn......*shudder*

Screw that noise.  Let me spend a month in jail.  Maybe the old man would have cooled down, a bit, by them.

Doubtful.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »
Vesta, if someone tried to carjack me (no matter their age) and even hinted that they had a gun... then they would have my gun in their face. >BANG<
That just looks better.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »
Umm no.  I live in Las Vegas and grew up in Wisconsin.  We don't use crazy talk like that.

Buck fever is very real but I think it's going to happen only if you value life and know you are purposely going out and taking one.  It's not going to happen if you are trying to survive.

I have gotten buck fever so bad that I had to put the gun down.  It's very real but I think it's from sitting there, aiming, knowing you are about to kill an animal.  I don't think you would have it in reacting to a crime.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 10:32:23 AM »
I have gotten buck fever so bad that I had to put the gun down.  It's very real but I think it's from sitting there, aiming, knowing you are about to kill an animal.  I don't think you would have it in reacting to a crime.
I used to get buck fever when I was a kid, really bad, almost shaking, even squirrel hunting.

But it had nothing at all to do with killing an animal.

It was entirely due to fearing that I'd miss.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
Buck fever is very real but I think it's going to happen only if you value life and know you are purposely going out and taking one.  It's not going to happen if you are trying to survive.

Well said Gina, I believe that when one goes hunting you are preparing to kill an animal.  Same as a criminal prepares to at least have to shoot at a person.

Criminals use surprise to their advantage, same as those that Jack Light deer at night, precious seconds are taken up for the brain to sort out what is going on especially if you have never been a victim of a Physical attack other then a few nasty words here and there.  Even just nasty words from a stranger can discombobulate your whole day. 

For those that have been attacked the brain is all wired to tell you how to respond, for those that haven't the brain has to try to understand what is going on, the reason many freeze and meekly obey an attacker.

Then the old,  disbelief that this is not really happening I must have read this wrong comes into play.  [ You know, I couldn't believe my eyes ] sort of thing.   I have been passenger in a couple accidents and swear time seemed to go in slow motion. 

We see what we expect to see and often hear what we expect to hear and when what ever is contrary to the facts.  When I was in school we had a teacher that demonstrated this to us.

He had someone come in pick up his brief case off the desk and walk out.  Less then 60 seconds total and then we were asked to describe what we had seen.   More then a few saw Nothing, they were day dreaming, cleaning their nails or other wise not paying attention.  Not one student could give an accurate description, we saw a tall short, man or woman, gray, black or brown clothing, they were walking fast, walking slow, looking at us or not looking at us, Much came from our area of sight.   Where we were sitting in relation to the teacher how tall we were in our seats and even the lighting in the room can cause a tan to look brown.

When the unexpected happens there is no rule on how to respond, few go around expecting trouble, one of the reasons we get so angry when the car won't start.

Getting the brain into survival mode takes a few seconds to kick in,  do I run, do I hide, the seconds it takes to get to a weapon counts in here also, if in panic you even remember you have a weapon on you.