Author Topic: Boycot!!!!!!!11111  (Read 850 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Boycot!!!!!!!11111
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:30:55 PM »
Contrary1 (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-05-11 06:06 PM
Original message
Every single time some wealthy asshole opens his mouth and puts down the OWS movement...

we need to hit them where it hurts. Right now, it's evidently not costing them near enough personally.

Boycott their businesses, find out what other companies they are heavily invested it, blog about it, whatever we can do to further get their attention. The protests are great, but there's so much more we can do.

They love their money, let's see how they like having less of it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2061775

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I love how they think they matter.

lunatica Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-05-11 06:08 PM
Response to Original message
1. I agree with you

And I think this will happen. The class warfare has started for real now.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

EFerrari Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-05-11 06:09 PM
2. Yes.

Firebrand Gary Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Oct-05-11 06:11 PM
3. Herman Cain thinks that we are lazy? BOYCOTT Godfathers Pizza! Let's show him how lazy we are.

In fact I intend to prove to myself how disciplined I am, not only will I not eat at Godfathers pizza I will only eat in "Mom and Pop" restaurants and small business for the next two years!

:rotf:

Yep not ordering Pizza will prove that you are a hard working person.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Boycot!!!!!!!11111
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
Boycott gubmint checks, too?
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »
It is hard working, not using the AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular &c. cell phone to order a Godfather's pizza and charge it to your Visa or Mastercard.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »
lunatica  (1000+ posts)        Wed Oct-05-11 06:08 PM
1. I agree with you
 And I think this will happen. The class warfare has started for real now.

If these are the shock troops...well... :lmao:

Trust me, DUmmies, the last thing you want is the downfall of civilization, but more specifically, policing agencies that stand between you and people like me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:44:24 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »
A boycott would be WAY more effective if:

1)  You had a job.
2)  You had money.
3)  You actually spend money.
4)  You actually left the basement to spend money.

Other than that, this is all just mental masturbation.   :jerkit:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
Boycott gubmint checks, too?

You know, the primitives are always yelling-and-screaming that people should strike.

Well.....I feel two ways about that.

One of the two ways I feel about that is that it wouldn't be a bad idea if the people involved with mailing out government checks went on strike.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
Pathetic

Offline JGHB

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 07:59:55 PM »
Rush was talking about these protesters today.  Apparently, on their website/facebook page/whatever they are discussing what they will be needing to continue to occupy.

They don't want to "buy" anything as that might defeat their anti-capitalist stance.  Brilliantly, they are soliciting donations of goods and services (doctors, nurses) from people who have already made purchases and already supported the very capitalism the occupiers are attempting to bring down.

As long as it is not their money being spent, I guess it's okay for people to "give" them stuff.  Convoluted, much?   :rotf:
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
everything always comes down to "i want everything for free"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 06:55:11 AM »
Trust me, DUmmies, the last thing you want is the downfall of civilization, but more specifically, policing agencies that stand between you and people like me.

H5, and ditto.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »
So they want a boycott which (let's say hypothetically they had the means by which to make a difference) would make the economy worse, which would in turn hurt middle America.  Have they ever made it so clear these fools are willing to hurt the very citizens they claim they wish to help in order to make their little point?  They are more than willing to put more and more average citizens in financial peril if by doing so the potential to move one inch closer to their utopian ideals exists.

The selfishness and greed of the corps is greatly exceeded by those who lust for the power to change the world into their nirvana, evidenced by their willingness to cripple the very mechanism that has kept average American's free to pursue happiness.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 08:21:55 AM »
Brilliantly, they are soliciting donations
 Oh that's sustainable.  

As for their boycotts, for every one of them who posts their intention to boycott X, there are two of us willing to buycott same product.  I see that Sargento Cheese and Johnsonville Sausage Co. are humming right along.  I do business with both, wholesale, and sadly, they didn't even feel the DUmmies' wrath.  Shame isn't it.  

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »
everything always comes down to "i want everything for free"

It's "I WANT FREE SHIT NOW!"  Got it?

:-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 09:58:06 AM »
...Except Frito-Lay and the pizza delivery guys, of course!

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
They're all freeloading scumbags.  It's going to get out of hand and a lot of them will be hauled in and that will be the end of their "we want shit for free" orgy.

Damned lazy bastards.  The only handouts they deserve right now are free canisters of tear gas.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:09:53 AM by Erasmus »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
NOT ONE DAMNED DIME!!!111!!1!1 one one eleveneleven.

Wait...wasn't this tried before???? :lmao:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
The furious youth angst of a DUmp boycott always reminds me of the classic Richard Pryor as Rev. James L. White.  The DUches need the 'Crossover Bucks."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udomqgvsHB4

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
How the hell can you boycott a company if you have no money to spend with that company to begin with?

Anyway, boycott whatever company you want.  I'll go out of my way to purchase from that company.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
IF the DUmpmonkeys actually did matter. And IF their boycott was successful it would put working people out of a job. This would be the same working people whose taxes fill the government coffers out of which the DUmmies' entitlement money comes. Wouldn't this be sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe