Author Topic: BP wants to stop paying Gulf oil spill victims  (Read 372 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
BP wants to stop paying Gulf oil spill victims
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:52:23 PM »
dixiegrrrrl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sun Jul-10-11 04:50 PM
Original message
BP wants to stop paying Gulf oil spill victims

Highlights from the article:
of teh 20 billion BP said it had "set aside for compensation" it has so far spent....4.5 billion.
And NOW BP wants to stop paying most people affected by the massive 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill for potential future damages because the region has recovered, a document released Friday said.

The tourism industry is booming, all federal fishing grounds have reopened, and the shrimp catch has been plentiful, BP said.

http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/BP_wants_to_stop_pa...

What a con job.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1459306

Yeah trying to not shell out money for people who will be attempting fraud is a con job.  :mental:
Then again these people believe that not raising taxes is theft from the poor.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

Re: BP wants to stop paying Gulf oil spill victims
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:00:58 PM »
Where is Kapitan Kickass on this?

Didn't the Kommunity organizer already extort $20 billion out of BP?

Yet another fail in the failed regime of B. Heusein Obama.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »
I heard that there are still a lot of unemployed workers on the gulf coast.  You know, the ones whose jobs are gone because of the continuing moratorium on drilling .

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:16:47 AM »
I was going to say, the money went from BP to the government, did it not?  So basically what the DUmmies are complaining about is that the GOVERNMENT won't pay any claims.

Got it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
I was going to say, the money went from BP to the government, did it not?  So basically what the DUmmies are complaining about is that the GOVERNMENT won't pay any claims.

Got it.

BINGO!

In short, the BP money is being doled out in the most unpolitical connected way by one of the most political administrations in our nation's history, if not the most. The most transparent and unpolitical administration in our history has also all but killed the oil industry in the gulf.

But remember this is NOT have any fingerprints of the impostor in the WH.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
BINGO!

In short, the BP money is being doled out in the most unpolitical connected way by one of the most political administrations in our nation's history, if not the most. The most transparent and unpolitical administration in our history has also all but killed the oil industry in the gulf.

But remember this is NOT have any fingerprints of the impostor in the WH.

The problem is . . . the public knows exactly whose fingerprints are all over it.

Hint for lurkers:  it ain't BP's.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.