Author Topic: bowel movement primitive rolls over  (Read 829 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
bowel movement primitive rolls over
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x446682

Oh my.

I have no idea why this isn't in the indignant gays forum on Skins's island; don't they have a policy of moving threads to more appropriate forums?

It's an enormous bonfire.

boston bean (1000+ posts)        Thu May-07-09 10:50 PM
Original message

Obama To Fire His First Gay Arabic Linguist

Dan Choi, a West Point graduate and officer in the Army National Guard who is fluent in Arabic and who returned recently from Iraq, received notice today that the military is about to fire him. Why? Because he came out of the closet as a gay man on national television.

Some readers might think it unfair to blame Obama. After all, the president inherited the "don't ask, don't tell" law when he took office. As Commander-in-Chief, he has to follow the law. If the law says that the military must fire any service member who acknowledges being gay, that is not Obama's fault.

Or is it?

A new study, about to be published by a group of experts in military law, shows that President Obama does, in fact, have stroke-of-the-pen authority to suspend gay discharges. The "don't ask, don't tell" law requires the military to fire anyone found to be gay or lesbian. But there is nothing requiring the military to make such a finding. The president can simply order the military to stop investigating service members' sexuality.

An executive order would not get rid of the "don't ask, don't tell" law, but would take the critical step of suspending its implementation, hence rendering it effectively dead. Once people see gays and lesbians serving openly, legally and without problems, it will be much easier to get rid of the law at a later time.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-belkin/obama-to-fir...

Ho-hum.  Off they go.....

newinnm (24 posts)      Thu May-07-09 10:59 PM
Response to Original message

1. He needs to stop this practice 

No excuses none. It is a moral imperative that we promote equality. Will it spark an up roar, yes! Will it delay some of his other goals, maybe. However I believe that history would judge him as corageous. Its time. At no other point in the recent history has a president enjoyed as much political capital and it should be spent wisely.

Baby Snooks (1000+ posts)     Thu May-07-09 11:04 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. But he won't...

He could have stopped it with an executive order. But his advisors obviously advised him against it. No doubt among those advisors was Hillary Clinton. Defending her own policy. Her and husband's policy that is. Don't ask, don't tell, and if you get caught, well, too bad.

HarukaTheTrophyWife  (1000+ posts)      Fri May-08-09 08:03 AM
Response to Reply #3

122. Um...it's Sam Nunn's policy

Not the Clintons. Read the history on it.

The bowel movement primitive:

blm (1000+ posts)     Fri May-08-09 09:05 AM
Response to Reply #122

134. Clinton had the choice to back Nunn or policy pushed by Sen. Kerry and Gen. Clark at the time to allow gays to serve openly. Clinton rolled over for the RW every time they pushed him even a little.

The bonfire burns away pretty much as the first comments, above.

A few Primitives of Prominence, and one non-primitive, make cameo appearances.

Name removed (0 posts)      Thu May-07-09 11:42 PM
Response to Reply #5

35. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

The dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher:

proud2BlibKansan  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-07-09 11:50 PM
Response to Reply #22

39. DADT is not a law; it's a policy

And yes, he can make it go away.

An obscure primitive.....

Behind the Aegis  (1000+ posts)        Fri May-08-09 12:35 AM

64. Time to "put up or shut up!"

Given all he needs to do is sign away this policy, I will gladly give him my pen from under the rear tire of the bus.

.....elicits this from the cboy4 primitive:

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Fri May-08-09 01:28 AM
Response to Reply #64

82. Hey dude, I'm under the bumper

The buzzy one, a non-primitive, says this.....

Buzz Clik (1000+ posts)      Fri May-08-09 07:31 AM

115. More of this shit.

.....eliciting this.....

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri May-08-09 07:46 AM
Response to Reply #115

119. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

.....to which the buzzy one responds:

Buzz Clik (1000+ posts)      Fri May-08-09 10:10 AM
Response to Reply #119

157. Bullshit. 

You're pissed because this is of highest priority to you and not to him.

My priority is the environment. He's being "slow" on that, too, but I have the maturity to be patient.

You go, buzzy one.

That's it, of the Primitives of Prominence, but there's quite a bit of primitive bashing of Pa Kettle in the White House, if one is interested.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: bowel movement primitive rolls over
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »
Once again, they continue to call him "Obama."  They start calling him the equavalent of when they called Bush names like "Chimpy," I'll have to reconsider their current faux-outrage.

Quote from:
IntravenousDemilo 

96. Sorry, but your military is going to have to stop spitting and start swallowing.

Homophobes must not under any circumstances be indulged. We've had no ill effect from having gay members of the Canadian Armed Forces.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:42:29 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
I know of a few people that are currently serving with distinction that happen to be quietly gay. 99.9% are quite happy with DADT as it offeres them a form of protection from bashing. Of course these are people who don't wear their choice of sexual partners on their sleeves. There were no problems in the berthings or any kind of sexual assaults. As a matter of fact the people that were caught having sex on my last deployment were all heterosexual couples. These are the people that can't stand the out and loud minority of gays and lesbians. All they want to do is serve their countries. The ones that are coming out in uniform simply are doing it for the political statement and have no pride in serving. I say boot them out.
Flame me if you want but please don't lump these quiet service members in with the vocal and wrong minority.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
I don't mind gays but I hate the gay agenda.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:00:20 PM »
Flame you hell, H5!

I know for a fact I would be somewhat hostile to a homo in my barracks. Has nothing to do with homophobia. I have heard too many tales of these guys in jail. It causes all kinds of problems for the guards. Many of them get their ass beat. I doubt seriously it would be any different in the military other than I think it could be worse.

Think about it. If you are under fire, and "it's" significant other is in peril along with the rest of the unit, who do ya 'spose "it" is going to protect? It could really endanger the whole platoon because "it" has a "special" feeling about one individual. **** THAT!

I know if "Toots" was in danger In a crowd of my Friends, I would protect her before anyone else. It is called human nature!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:14:55 AM »
boston bean (1000+ posts)        Thu May-07-09 10:50 PM
Original message

Obama To Fire His First Gay Arabic Linguist

Dan Choi, a West Point graduate and officer in the Army National Guard who is fluent in Arabic and who returned recently from Iraq, received notice today that the military is about to fire him. Why? Because he came out of the closet as a gay man on national television.

Some readers might think it unfair to blame Obama. After all, the president inherited the "don't ask, don't tell" law when he took office. As Commander-in-Chief, he has to follow the law. If the law says that the military must fire any service member who acknowledges being gay, that is not Obama's fault.

Or is it?

A new study, about to be published by a group of experts in military law, shows that President Obama does, in fact, have stroke-of-the-pen authority to suspend gay discharges. The "don't ask, don't tell" law requires the military to fire anyone found to be gay or lesbian. But there is nothing requiring the military to make such a finding. The president can simply order the military to stop investigating service members' sexuality.

An executive order would not get rid of the "don't ask, don't tell" law, but would take the critical step of suspending its implementation, hence rendering it effectively dead. Once people see gays and lesbians serving openly, legally and without problems, it will be much easier to get rid of the law at a later time.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost...aaron-belkin/obama-to-fir...

Yes but there's not a whole lot of investigation required when he COMES OUT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! So pretty much that Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Investigate wouldn't work real well here.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »
It really is pretty simple...

If you are hetero and had beautiful,romantic sex with your wife last night,I don`t really need or want to know about it.

If you had kinky or weird sex with a legal aged person of the opposite sex last night,I don`t really need or want to know about it.

If you are a pole smoker,I don`t really need or want to know about it.

See how easy it is.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 11:25:23 AM »
Yes but there's not a whole lot of investigation required when he COMES OUT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION! So pretty much that Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Investigate wouldn't work real well here.

Cindie

I know watcha mean. What is the opposite of homophobia? Whatever it s, that's what this guy is.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 03:02:51 AM »
If you had kinky or weird sex with a legal aged person of the opposite sex last night,I don`t really need or want to know about it.

I wouldn't mind hearing about it.  :evillaugh:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »
I know watcha mean. What is the opposite of homophobia? Whatever it s, that's what this guy is.

homophilia.
apres moi, le deluge