Author Topic: Posted with a link, due to popular demand  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Delmar

Posted with a link, due to popular demand
« on: February 04, 2018, 11:23:43 AM »
Sun Feb 4, 2018, 12:10 PM
Star Member MineralMan (103,607 posts)

The Airspace over the Minneapolis St. Paul Area is Crowded

today. While a lot of people came into the Twin Cities earlier this week, there are lots and lots of planes in the air today, full of people who can afford a private jet or charter flight. I'm listening this morning to the approach and departure frequency that is handling traffic for six area reliever airports that are the destinations for those flights. My house, in fact, is directly under the approach to St. Paul's Downtown Airport, Holman Field. It's been fairly noisy since Friday.

There are lots of pilots looking out their windows after being informed by the tower of traffic near them. It's a busy day. It's going to get even busier late this evening when the Super Bowl is over and all those charter and private jet passengers want to leave to get home in time for Monday's business. Planes will be flying back to pick up their passengers and everyone will be lined up for an early takeoff time. The opportunities for problems will be many, I'm afraid.

Here's hoping everyone is patient and careful and that the ATC folks are on the ball. It's going to be a crowded sky. I'll be listening, at least for a while.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210187353

People are coming to Minneapolis for the Super Bowl.  Thanks for the heads up, Rock Head.

Seems like a pretty stupid stand alone post.  Now if we attach a link to Rock Head's handy dandy airline travel tips, then it becomes a public service--just don't ask me who would benefit from any of this stupidity.

Thu May 4, 2017, 01:55 PM
Star Member MineralMan (103,607 posts)

Useful Tips for Inexperienced (and experienced) Airline Passengers

I've flown on commercial airlines hundreds of times. Based on that experience, here are some tips for passengers who don't travel much, and for experienced flyers who don't pay much attention. They'll help at every step of your journey. They'll also help you not be that passenger who slows everyone else down.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029015911
Much much more at the link.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Re: Posted with a link, due to popular demand
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 01:01:22 PM »
MM is trying to buck up the morale of DUers who don't want to believe the NFL is suffering consequences from doing nothing about its knee-takers. Last I heard, playoff game TV viewership was down something like 25%. If that holds anywhere close to true for the Superbowl next year's ad revenue will probably be much less. The more the loony antics and the more the NFL tolerates it the more people are alienated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:52:17 PM »
Hey MM why don't you sit in the yard and count the planes. Then post the total on DU with some more interesting statistics, of how many millionaires and billionaires are f**king up the climate with thei :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:r private jets.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:21:36 AM »
Hey MM why don't you sit in the yard and count the planes. Then post the total on DU with some more interesting statistics, of how many millionaires and billionaires are f**king up the climate with chem-trails behind their :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: private jets.

Those RAT BASTARDS!!!  :lmao: 
They wouldn't be doing that if the chocolate cockroach was still prezz. DU/off
The "Chocolate cockroach" is brought to you by Old n Grumpy. He gets a :hi5: for that little gem.  :thumbs:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”