Author Topic: Bourdain is a HERO!! Wait, no! **** THAT GUY!!  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Bourdain is a HERO!! Wait, no! **** THAT GUY!!
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:57:34 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028415720

God these people are blind.

This is one of my favorite threads in awhile. They absolutely refuse to see what has happened.

I'm doing this from a phone so I have no idea how it's going to post.

Well, that didn't work!  LOL

Go to the link, it's awesome. Bring over some of the fun for others enjoyment. Sorry I can't.

KC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Bourdain is a HERO!! Wait, no! **** THAT GUY!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 09:08:30 AM »
Quote from:
FarCenter

Anthony Bourdain eviscerates privileged Eastern liberals' for utter contempt of working-class

Anthony Bourdain says East Coast liberals like himself are the reason why Donald Trump got elected.

In a new interview with Reason, the famous chef, author and host of CNN's Parts Unknown eviscerated the left for their condescension of working-class America.

'The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the up swell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we're seeing now,' Bourdain said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4077172/Anthony-Bourdain-eviscerates-privileged-Eastern-liberals-utter-contempt-working-class-Americans.html

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028415720

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:11:29 AM »
Response to FarCenter (Original post)Fri Dec 30, 2016, 08:39 PM
NewsomeSF (4 posts)
34. **** those bumpkins

Middle America flyover pig phuckers. They will not change by being sympathetic to their dumb down interests and having conversations about what they want in their America. It's in their corn eating DNA!! Let them eat their god damn pot roast Andy Griffith watching asshats!
:rotf:
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »

It's actually jaw-dropping to me. One of their own VERY left TV personalities is telling them what they did wrong, how to correct it, and how to develop a different attitude and they're telling that personality to FO.

All I want is for them to completely double down on everything they've done wrong and 2018 will deliver a super-majority.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:20:53 AM »
FarCenter (17,861 posts)

Anthony Bourdain eviscerates privileged Eastern liberals' for utter contempt of working-class

Anthony Bourdain says East Coast liberals like himself are the reason why Donald Trump got elected.

In a new interview with Reason, the famous chef, author and host of CNN's Parts Unknown eviscerated the left for their condescension of working-class America.

'The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the up swell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we're seeing now,' Bourdain said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4077172/Anthony-Bourdain-eviscerates-privileged-Eastern-liberals-utter-contempt-working-class-Americans.html

LonePirate (5,583 posts)

2. Anyone who is willing to destroy the country due to hurt feelings deserves the condescension.

And they definitely voted to destroy the country.

In your arrogance you mistake yourself for the entirety of the country.

baldguy (36,435 posts)

22. And the far end of the spectrum of rhetoric coming from Trumpist Dumb****istan, people get killed.

Last edited Fri Dec 30, 2016, 08:51 PM - Edit history (1)

AMERICAN people get killed.

Hurt feelings =/= getting killed

You're the ones calling for the election to be nullified so you can impose your larva-laying queen upon us.

HughBeaumont (23,118 posts)

59. +1,000,000.

It is CONSERVATIVES who want the "Safe Space".

How dare they vote against Herself!

JHan (1,503 posts)

3. Yeah..

If only people were less smug, Obama wouldn't get called the n word and hillary the c-word.

Hillary is a ****.

If you think that reflects on all women that's your problem.

As for Obama being called the n-word....

Citation please.

uponit7771 (37,926 posts)

7. Another white or rich liberal who can afford Benedict Donald... why listen to these people?

Perhaps you prefer your rich, white liberals more like this...

HUFFINGTON POST

Mario Batali Settles Tip Lawsuit For $5.25 Million

03/07/2012 08:05 am ET | Updated Mar 07, 2012 

Joe Satran | Staff Writer

Mario Batali’s long-running legal dispute with workers at his New York restaurants, over improperly withheld tips, is almost over. Law360 reported Tuesday, and publicly available court documents confirm, that Batali and his business partners will settle the class action suit, which began in July 2010, for $5.25 million.

The money represents compensation for what the plaintiffs have described as a pervasive, illegal pattern of tip skimming. They say that Batali’s restaurants, among other misdeeds, took four to five percent of tips given to servers for alcohol and wine sales to pay sommeliers’ salaries.

Settlements from the $5.25 million fund will be available to “all individuals who worked at the Restaurants as captains, servers, waiters, bussers, runners, back waiters, bartenders, and/or barbacks from July 22, 2004 to February 14, 2012, and who do not opt out of the settlement,” according to  supporting documentation for the settlement [pdf]. The exact amount due to each plaintiff is determined by the number of hours he or she has worked for the restaurants.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/07/mario-batali-lawsuit_n_1325304.html

For at least 8 years this mother ****er ripped off his servers whom you assholes always claim aren't getting paid enough.

Then...

Hillary Clinton enlists Mario Batali, other celebrity chefs to support her campaign

Signature swordfish?

Is that for the EBT set?

Or is a pointing-faced thing that smells like fish just looking for more bread a metaphor for Hillary?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »
NewsomeSF (4 posts)
34. **** those bumpkins
Middle America flyover pig phuckers. They will not change by being sympathetic to their dumb down interests and having conversations about what they want in their America. It's in their corn eating DNA!! Let them eat their god damn pot roast Andy Griffith watching asshats!

Alright you guys, stop fanning the flames over there.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
They are killing me with threads like that one. They just absolutely cannot fathom they lost fair and square, and that the American populace is tired of their lies.

This has been the best election I've ever lived through, and Trump wasn't my guy. I voted for him based on what he was saying, but with no record, the jury is out until I start seeing O'bamas legacy starting to disappear. Starting with all those idiotic EO's.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »
They are killing me with threads like that one. They just absolutely cannot fathom they lost fair and square, and that the American populace is tired of their lies.

This has been the best election I've ever lived through, and Trump wasn't my guy. I voted for him based on what he was saying, but with no record, the jury is out until I start seeing O'bamas legacy starting to disappear. Starting with all those idiotic EO's.

KC

I'm pretty new here, I am an actual rookie at this. I've read the DUmp on and off for a lot of years, but paying close attention to it for fun is a relatively new thing for me, so I'm missing a lot of historical context.
I was thinking the same thing about the magnitude of stupid we are seeing over there this year... that was, until I started reading some of the old Bush era stuff.
That stuff was just as good, just old news.
What is striking is just how far off the rails they go EVERY time this doesn't go their way.
One this is without doubt: as long as skin is making some change from this venture, it will always be a good source of hilarity for all. I really hope it never goes away.

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 09:49:59 AM »
Get a load of Vinca's post:

Response to FarCenter (Original post)
Sat Dec 31, 2016, 08:22 AM
 Vinca (30,802 posts)
62. I might point out to Anthony that if it wasn't for "privileged Eastern liberals," the people he is

now lobbying for would have few of the social benefits they now enjoy. "Privileged Eastern liberals" fight for things that help people and - sorry - that includes limiting access to guns sometimes and not believing Jesus will take care of everything.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »

OMG, they post shit like that all the time; regulations needed!!!  Laws needed!!!!

And still try to claim they're the party of 'freedom'.

I hope they never realize just how stupid they are and continue to spout the bullshit line of 'intellectual party'.  That has sold more people on conservatism than anything. People love to be TOLD just how stupid they are. Not just ignorant, but stupid.

So, in the words of LadyBug; please keep TELLING us. Because we need to be TOLD!  LOL

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »
From later in the interview:

Bourdain: There's just so much. I hate the term political correctness, the way in which speech that is found to be unpleasant or offensive is often banned from universities. Which is exactly where speech that is potentially hurtful and offensive should be heard.

The way we demonize comedians for use of language or terminology is unspeakable. Because that's exactly what comedians should be doing, offending and upsetting people, and being offensive. Comedy is there, like art, to make people uncomfortable, and challenge their views, and hopefully have a spirited yet civil argument. If you're a comedian whose bread and butter seems to be language, situations, and jokes that I find racist and offensive, I won't buy tickets to your show or watch you on TV. I will not support you. If people ask me what I think, I will say you suck, and that I think you are racist and offensive. But I'm not going to try to put you out of work. I'm not going to start a boycott, or a hashtag, looking to get you driven out of the business.
Bisley: In your new cookbook, Appetites, you have a section called "Big ****ing Steak." In Kitchen Confidential, you wrote this about vegetarians: "To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food."

Bourdain: I can certainly eat vegetarian food in India for a considerable period of time. They actually make good vegetarian dishes. Appetites is a representation of how I cook at home, and my personal preferences, and doesn't pretend to be anything other than that.

So, he hates the term "political correctness" (which is, of course, used by the right wing against liberals, but somehow he includes it in his answer to "what's wrong with liberals"). He stands up, in a oh-so-Reason Magazine fashion, for complete freedom of speech, even if racist or offensive, saying people should just not watch it if they don't like it, and drawing attention to it with a hashtag is wrong. As far as he's concerned, drawing attention to racism is wrong, and he'll just wait for people to decide on their own that racism is wrong, even if that takes many generations if people won't talk about it to each other.

Then he writes a ****ing book calling vegetarians " the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit". No, Mr. Bourdain, no ****ing double standard there at all. You claim it's your "personal preferences", but you're publishing your insults in a ****ing book. You are pretending to be a libertarian when interviews by a libertarian magazine, when it's just your own prejudices showing through.
[/quote]

LOL

I don't know this will show up using this phone. My apologies if it's jacked up.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »
"Nothing nauseates me more than preaching to the converted. The self-congratulatory tone of the privileged left - just repeating and repeating and repeating the outrages of the opposition  - this does not win hearts and minds. It doesn't change anyone's opinions. It only solidifies them, and makes things worse for all of us." 

But that's exactly what DU is FOR, it's designed to be an echo chamber for the terminally self - assured elitists...
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »
gratuitous (54,504 posts)
14. Yup, if we hadn't disenfranchised hundreds of thousands of voters

We could have won a bunch of elections instead of just winning more votes. We offered rural America health care, higher wages, and better schools and roads.

is it just being stupid, pig ass ignorant, or 120% indoctrinated that makes them hold those bizarre opinions?

Median wages are 10-12% less than in 2009. Healthcare was not offered, forced buying of unaffordable plans was well forced at the point of a gun. Schools have the lowest graduation rates and are demonstrably the worst per dollar spent- subjects learned.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 06:23:44 AM »
NewsomeSF (4 posts)
34. **** those bumpkins

Alright you guys, stop fanning the flames over there.

I was going to say ...

Much as I hope this character was real and serious, I'm guessing the post is satiric or a troll.

Response to FarCenter (Original post)
Sat Dec 31, 2016, 08:22 AM
 Vinca (30,802 posts)
62. I might point out to Anthony that if it wasn't for "privileged Eastern liberals," the people he is

now lobbying for would have few of the social benefits they now enjoy. "Privileged Eastern liberals" fight for things that help people and - sorry - that includes limiting access to guns sometimes and not believing Jesus will take care of everything.

Does V have the intelligence to realize that (s)he did exactly what Bourdain condemned?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 06:26:11 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.