Author Topic: Bouncy: Holy Crap I Feel Dirty  (Read 796 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Bouncy: Holy Crap I Feel Dirty
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »
Editing in red

Curtis (240 posts) <---- obvious low count mole

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028265920

Holy Crap I Feel Dirty

SO- Wow. I'm not really sure where to start. I tried having a normal conversation with my sister today via Facebook. She used to be a normal thinking human being. Sure she supported Republicans all her life while I supported Democrats, worked for Democrats, was a campaign manager for some Democrats and even ran as a Democrat. But, she was always grounded. OR at the lease I could talk sense into her. I mean she'd still vote Republican, but she would do so with foundational reasons. Reasons based on reason and research and, well, though. Tonight though? I don't know my own sister.

She started off with the emails. Okay, that was easy enough for me to discuss. Then she turned right around and said how Hillary allowed our national security to fall into the hands of an international ring of pedophiles and sex perverts. (Hillary's emails showed up on a Romanian Security Officer's Computer...See Hillary's Server Hacked After All? FBI Docs Reveal A File From Hillary's Server Was Found In Romania @ http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-17/hillarys-server-hacked-fbi-docs-reveal-confidential-file-was-found-romanian-server) I thought she was kidding, so I asked if that ring was run by Donald Trump. She said that no Anthony Wiener gave those secrets out like he did his dick pics. Plus, she heard from someone she trusts, who had heard it from the FBI, that Anthony Wiener had 650,000 emails saved in a folder called "life insurance" on his laptop. (Snopes says they don't have any info on this and can not prove one way or another...) And, these emails detailed how Bill and Hillary and murdered their way to where they are in life and how they stole all the money donated to the Haitians to fund her run for the presidency. Oh, and all the press and fact checkling sites know this and we're paid off by Hillary, and that is why they say Hillary is winning and why Trump is a liar. And, her source also says Obama and Biden "unfriended" or "unfollowed" Hillary on Twitter and have cancelled all future campaign events for her because some BIG news that proves she's a murderer is coming out tomorrow.

By this time I was just left stunned. I'm serious. Here I am with Political Science degree, graduate emphasis in elections, in hand and I'm just dumbfounded. I'm stunned into, I don't even know what to call what I was stunned into. It took me 5 hours to put this aside and figure out what to say.

Finally, I calmly told her that what she is experiencing is normal. (don't be a pompous ass) Human beings tend to go through cycles where we become unhappy with our lives even though our lives are better than ever. We come to believe that our lives are horrible because someone charasmatic comes along and tells us our lives suck. Not only do our lives suck, but our lives suck because of those people who look differently, people who worship differently, people who speak differently, people who love differently or those people who are just plain different than us. It's their fault. So, we just go merrily along with that idea because it's what we want to hear.

That person also tells us that the agreed upon forms of press are not to be trusted. Here. My press is better. People then believe it because it says what they want to hear.

Then it comes to the intellectuals aren't really that smart. I mean the enemy controls the educational system. They go to the educational system only to get indoctrinated. Heck, you're just as smart, no wait, you're smarter because you didn't get your education from the enemy. You know more than the intellectuals especially if you use our websites and information for research.

Then it hit me. It hit me square in the face. The far right Republicans. These Tea Baggers, these Trumpsters, these whatever the hell you want to call them are brainwashed. We have about 39 percent of the American people who are flat out beainwashed. They aren't anymore deplorable than you or I. They are victims of some clever marketing and some clever manipulating. They are true believers. These people will not change. These people won't be beat. These people will not go away. These are the people we need to worry about after election day. Like I told my sister, Hillary will win. Math is the ultimate arbiter in that regard. I tried explaining to her how mathematically Clinton has this won. Of course, my sister even threw math out the window and said that every national poll shows Trump in the lead right now. She claim she is ready to revolt when Trump loses as I am sure a large portion of those 39 percent will.

Hold on. It's gonna get ugly I fear. Brainwashings never end calmly

Shity bouncy. For such a smart guy you need to run spellcheck again.

Star Member pkdu (3,008 posts)
1. Sorry Dude - your sister is a ****ing moron - its that simple

there are some in my family too. It is what it is.

yes yes... You have a master's degree in "Elections"

Star Member KT2000 (13,113 posts)
3. Rolling Stone has an article in the current issue that explains the anxiety being inflicted on society by media like Fox. A friend was telling me about it and I want to get a copy. Anyway, they discussed cases of people suffering personality changes - anger and anxiety that resolves when the Fox channel is no longer available.

Was also reading in an old edition of Rolling Stone about a man in Florida who is expert at using social media to generate false stories about Democrats, especially Clinton, Many of his stories are picked up by MSM. He is the one who started the story about Clinton having seizures by using a video where she was just disagreeing with someone. That played on the MSM for a couple days.

We are under assault by a misinformation campaign and they know how to target the fear/anxiety buttons. Their only solution is to elect alt-right candidates who will save the country. This is no joke.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZwEc3t1fs[/youtube]

Star Member KT2000 (13,113 posts)
19. The New Yorker has the article about how alt-right makes it into the mainstream: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/31/trolls-for-trump
this is the article I thought was in an old Rolling Stone.
The new Rolling Stone has the anxiety article.

Star Member susanna (4,518 posts)
7. My former best friend posted that one (seizure)...

I was floored.

I took it private (she posted it on social media), and said, "you're joking, right?"

She said no and proceeded to tell me I was ignorant and stupid and didn't realize I was being lied to. OOOOOkay.

I lost a friend of 35 years over that. It wasn't me, in the end; I tried to save the friendship, but she could not believe I did not see what she saw and cut me out of her life.

This is the ugliest thing I have ever seen, this election. I once thought GWB was the worst ever. I have amended that opinion. And I really, really, miss my otherwise wonderful friend.

Warpy (90,100 posts)
8. I don't know why some people are total suckers for propaganda

while a slim majority of us are not. I don't know if it's laziness or if they just aren't interested enough to bother to search the other side of an argument or if they're just so obsessed with DWTS and Kardashians that there isn't room for anything that isn't spoon fed to them by outfits like Pox News.

I do know that a thoroughly propagandized minority started the slaughter in Rwanda, in Bosnia, in Kosovo and that scares the hell out of me. So far, trusting in the essential laziness of the far right freak show has served me well. However, it might not last forever.

Brainwashing weak minds into this kind of rage is not going to end well, I agree completely. Even having the FCC clean out the airwaves is not going to help all that much at this point.

I'm just glad I'm old and neglected to reproduce.

I hope they continue to scream slogans at each other on the internet rather than getting off their behinds to do something about them. Their "million marcher" demonstrations have so far been total busts with only a dozen or so participants showing up, shrugging, and repairing to the closest bar. I hope our luck holds.

:o

Star Member diane in sf (3,055 posts)
10. It's brainwashing. They started in the 80s with am radio and Fox News and continued from there.

The republicans have taken their followers down a delusional rathole. You don't have to be stupid to be brainwashed. People followed their beliefs into media that told them only what they wanted to hear. And it got weirder and weirder in there as time went on--a positive feedback loop. It's happened to people in my family too. It's a cult, they have their own truths, their dog whistles, etc. They will not be swayed by rational arguments or facts, it just hardens them in their opposition.

The upside of this is that it's made them ungovernable by the republican leaders. The base will only allow a real lunatic like tRump to be nominated. And fortunately the majority of the public is too sane to vote for someone that nuts and unqualified. Even George bush had to steal the election twice--he never won legally either time. (Don't take my word for it, google vote suppression, gerrymandering, red shift, 2004 Ohio private Republican held server farms, etc.)

The republicans are pretty much over as a national party, especially if their gerrymandered house districts are redrawn and their vote suppression tactics are defeated.

Ask yourself one question: Who needs to lie everytime they open their mouth to win the election?

Hint:
Hillary Clinton Says She Was in New York City on 9/11 (She Wasn’t)
Campaigning in Florida on Tuesday, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton claimed that she was in New York City on 9/11, when terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center. She made her claim while discussing terrorism and the threat posed by ISIS.
“I know what happened not far from here at Pulse night club in Orlando,” she said. “I was in New York City on 9/11 as one of the two senators".

As a United States Senator she was in Washington D.C. at her home in Whitehaven when the first plane hit the World Trade Center. She spent most of the day reacting to the attacks in media interviews and joined her colleagues singing “God Bless America” on the Capitol Hill steps. ~ Politico

Star Member MFM008 (6,217 posts)
11. My spoiled baby sister

Needs an ass kicking like I gave her 45 years ago.

50 Shades Of Blue (54 posts)
21. No. They aren't brainwashed or victims of manipulation or marketing.

They are supporting politicians who say what they already think and who reflect their existing bigotry and misogyny.

baldguy (36,116 posts)
24. It's plain old fascism.

Star Member reflection (6,048 posts)
32. My sister is lost as well, as is my father.

It's a bad feeling. My mother still has sense. She and I sit around and wonder what's happened to our family. This is like a Body Snatcher movie.

Star Member Croney (137 posts)
33. My sister is 62. Ten years younger than I am. She is a brain-washed fundie who vomits all the Rethug talking points if you give her a chance. Our 94-year-old mother calls Drumpf Hitler. She and I treat my sister like the mentally challenged loved one you wish you could change but know you can't. At least she makes good pies at Christmas.

Such hate coming from the left.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Bouncy: Holy Crap I Feel Dirty
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:44:44 AM »
Editing in red

Shity bouncy. For such a smart guy you need to run spellcheck again.

yes yes... You have a master's degree in "Elections"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZwEc3t1fs[/youtube]

Ask yourself one question: Who needs to lie everytime they open their mouth to win the election?

Hint:Campaigning in Florida on Tuesday, Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton claimed that she was in New York City on 9/11, when terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center. She made her claim while discussing terrorism and the threat posed by ISIS.
“I know what happened not far from here at Pulse night club in Orlando,” she said. “I was in New York City on 9/11 as one of the two senators".

Such hate coming from the left.

How much did that cost us???  :o
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 04:28:45 PM »
1. Of course, the OP acts like a pompous, condescending a- hole, and accuses any who support the GOP of being motivated by paranoia and bigotry.
2. Gotta love the DUmmy who repeatedly cites Rolling Stone as a credible news source. The DUmmies believe Fox News is an evil, lying, unreliable network that can't be trusted, yet simultaneously believe that a pop culture magazine that praises Muslim terrorists and drug dealers, refused to make any kind of restitution after an article it featured on college rape was proven false, and has a reader base which consists almost exclusively of stoned college students is a wonderful, respectable, totally reliable news source whose every word should be believed without question.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »
Then it hit me. It hit me square in the face. The far right Republicans. These Tea Baggers, these Trumpsters, these whatever the hell you want to call them are brainwashed. We have about 39 percent of the American people who are flat out beainwashed.

This is how (D)Ummies refer to those who have a close relationship to reality.

We are in need of re-education (or else), no doubt (as far as the (D)Ummies are concerned.)

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 06:27:20 PM »
Curtis (240 posts) <---- obvious low count mole

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028265920

Holy Crap I Feel Dirty

Well, you're a Prog Democrat supporting Hitlery.  There's your problem, right there.  Seen it, right off.

:popcorn:

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 06:31:31 PM »
Well, you're a Prog Democrat supporting Hitlery.  There's your problem, right there.  Seen it, right off.

:popcorn:

They did make it obvious, didn't they.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »
I plead The Fifth as to if my mole(s) was(were) on that thread.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
I plead The Fifth as to if my mole(s) was(were) on that thread.

:drunksailor: How many fifths? :drunksailor:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.