Author Topic: Bouncy: "When you see unexpected racism..."  (Read 1024 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Bouncy: "When you see unexpected racism..."
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:22:26 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028130784
Now this is a praise worthy bouncy. About G-D time.
Lobo27 (681 posts)

When you see unexpected racism...
First of all I'd like to say I have enjoyed my time here. Going to be 5 years come January. I don't post much. Low post count but needs a bouncy post to get some DU cred going  The name is Pedro.

My story starts Saturday night in Dallas. I live in mesquite a suburb. My child, my dad and I went to a hispanic oriented store called the Rio Grande. We like their butcher shop. Tend to have menudo etc...

It was late, they were already starting to clean and we noticed a new worker, a black man. He greeted us in Spanish, and treated us with respect. Cut the meat exactly how I wanted it. I was impressed and happy. Pedro's version of "clean and articulate"

This is where my story turns dark. As we're leaving the woman behind us tells him in Spanish that she doesn't want a mayate to help her. This is the set up  That word is a derogatory word used towards black man. You could see bewilderment in his face, and at the same time you could tell it was not the first time it had happened. My dad lost it and went off on the woman. I had to calm him. Other costumers came to the gentleman's defense and eventually people only wanted to be served by him. ...and the reward

Before leaving I said to him that I was so sorry he had to endure that. He said to me that he is simply trying to make an honest living. On the way home my dad was very agitated and eventually shed some tears. of course he cried...He told me something very profound at least to me. I came here to start a family and for the hope of a better life. I have achieved that and more, so I'll be damned if I'll let people ruin that for me or anyone else.

The reason I said this was unexpected is because I experienced this in my bubble.  I leave you with this. We're all

vaberella (24,620 posts)
46. It's unfortunate you had to face that. Not to marginalize your experience; as a black woman...And then goes on to marginalize his experience

it's an every day occurence. The issues between minority groups hurt me the most. I had a situation I'll share in another thread...but it's heart breaking when things like this happened. I'm glad your father was there, because if he didn't speak up, I have to wonder if others would have spoken up. There are too many onlookers, too many passive citizens rather than active.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Delmar

Re: Bouncy: "When you see unexpected racism..."
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
Response to Lobo27 (Original post)Tue Aug 30, 2016, 09:38 AM
vaberella (24,620 posts)
46. It's unfortunate you had to face that. Not to marginalize your experience; as a black woman...

it's an every day occurence. The issues between minority groups hurt me the most. I had a situation I'll share in another thread...but it's heart breaking when things like this happened. I'm glad your father was there, because if he didn't speak up, I have to wonder if others would have spoken up. There are too many onlookers, too many passive citizens rather than active.

They hate racism between minority groups because it can't be blamed on whitey.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:58:51 PM »
Pedro's version of "clean and articulate"
You got that right. 

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
I'm thinking zip in the way of bouncy bongs. They really have lost the art of the bouncy over at the DUmp.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
They hate racism between minority groups because it can't be blamed on whitey.

They will say that whitey was the bad example the poor minority learned from.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
They drank the bong water and never even got a buzz.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »
Cool story hombre.  From what I have seen and heard inner city hispanics hate the inner city blacks. Think they are lazy inferior idiots.  Whenever black and hispanics cohabitate in inner city neighborhoods they self segregate and their gangs fight/kill each other.  Those that survive and get sent up to the big house do the same in prison.  The inner city hispanics are probably more racist than the KKK.

The dems have pretty much cast the blacks aside in favor of the hispanics. Especially illegals. And the blacks still vote for them.  Maybe the inner city blacks really are idiots? I have no idea. One thing I can say is the dems are throwing them under the bus and the polling number breakdown by race tell a story that the MSM cannot spin.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 07:17:01 PM »
And then a perfectly butchered chuelta de puerca jumped out of the bushes....

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 07:35:14 PM »
If minority-on-minority racism is new to L27, I have to ask in what privileged shelter(s) did L27 grow up and live?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 02:10:31 AM »
  The inner city hispanics are probably more racist than the KKK.

Fixed.   :)

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 05:39:19 AM »
Response to Lobo27 (Original post)Tue Aug 30, 2016, 09:38 AM
vaberella (24,620 posts)
46. It's unfortunate you had to face that. Not to marginalize your experience; as a black woman...

If it had been a queer both of them would have hated him.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »
One bong.  Papa shead a tear.   :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”