Author Topic: Yay...a 4th straight record turnout for the Republicans*  (Read 953 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Yay...a 4th straight record turnout for the Republicans*
« on: February 24, 2016, 07:59:11 AM »
yay... it's because we are all racists and shit!

cyberswede (23,873 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027634422

Yay...a 4th straight record turnout for the Republicans*

I sure hope this is due to the large number of candidates. 

(*no link - just heard from Brian Williams on MSNBC)

Recursion (45,692 posts)
4. The thing is, even if it is just from the large number of candidates, that doesn't matter

If you can get someone to come out to the primary, they're much much more likely to vote in the general. This is exactly why having a narrow bench is a bad thing: the contacts that are being made, right now, by the GOP in the primary are going to still be contacts in November.

Gregorian (22,511 posts)
7. If someone asked me to train people to vote against their best interests, I'd be at a loss.

Maybe it's just easier to sell fear than it is hope.

nadinbrzezinski (144,774 posts)
11. They are committed to take back tje WH It was the same way in 2008 for democrats. This is really not that unusual.

WhaTHellsgoingonhere (4,354 posts)
17. Meanwhile, our historic primary turned out 40K fewer than 2008 Down state after state. Lookin' good, Dems!

aaaaaa5a (3,903 posts)
28. This is a bad sign for the GE. NT

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Yay...a 4th straight record turnout for the Republicans*
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:05:27 AM »
Good heavens! It's not even March, yet, and they're already down in the dumps. They should self-identify to their preferred pharmacies, liquor stores, and dealers so those businesses can stock up in preparation for November!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:09:23 AM »
Gregorian (22,511 posts)
7. If someone asked me to train people to vote against their best interests, I'd be at a loss.

It's funny, I was just thinking about asking Gregorian (22,511 posts) to conduct training classes on topics such as "how to behave in a multicultural environment" at my place of employment. My concern is that he/she/it will not have available time to do the job during this busy season. So we suffer.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 08:12:52 AM »
Gregorian (22,511 posts)

You idiots have been advocating voting for Democrats for as long as I've known of the existence of DU. You can't get more against ones best interests than that.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 08:23:56 AM »
You idiots have been advocating voting for Democrats for as long as I've known of the existence of DU. You can't get more against ones best interests than that.

:cheersmate:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 08:57:12 AM »
DUmmies are dancing around like fools trying desperately to explain this "anomaly".  Well, tough.  Republicans want to win in '16, and Hillary/Crazy Uncle Bernie just aren't firing up any voters.  Simple as that.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »
DUmmies need to stock up on :

:fuelfire:

And if it is the Dirty Old Grandpa, stock up on:

:whistling:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 02:16:52 PM »
Someone's feeling butthurt:   :whistling:

Response to brooklynite (Reply #14)

Wed Feb 24, 2016, 07:38 AM

Bluenorthwest (40,915 posts)
18. I was told Hillary Clinton 'owns you gays' and that she was an absolute lock, Sanders out by NH...

Still waiting to see that. Also still waiting for an apology for her years and years and years of denigrating LGBT for her own advancement while members of her cohort giggle and point fingers and claimed to be super holy religious. Her entire cohort should be doing that, but they don't and lord knows she won't.

The fact that folks like you are so eager to preserve the nasty anti gay politicians says all I need to know about this Party and what minority persons need to do with this Party.

This is a little incoherent, but still notable:

doc03 (16,046 posts)
35. I voted in Ohio last week while I was

there and this isn't no bs three other people came in and switched D to R. That was 3 out of 4 that were there at the time.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 02:24:46 PM »
doc03 (16,046 posts)

there and this isn't no bs three other people came in and switched D to R. That was 3 out of 4 that were there at the time.
That's interesting when you realize that the Ohio primary is on March 15
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
That's interesting when you realize that the Ohio primary is on March 15

Not unusual, we started early voting in TX last week.  Only trouble here in San Antonio is there are only two polling places open and they are both in the barrio.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 05:13:41 PM »
Not unusual, we started early voting in TX last week.  Only trouble here in San Antonio is there are only two polling places open and they are both in the barrio.

Barrio is Spanish for ghetto, right?

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 02:33:50 AM »

Detroit, flint, and a few other cities in MI are a direct result of people voting for their self interests as directed by democrat idiots, over decades.

:ownit:

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 05:32:41 AM »
Recursion (45,692 posts)
4. The thing is, even if it is just from the large number of candidates, that doesn't matter

If you can get someone to come out to the primary, they're much much more likely to vote in the general. This is exactly why having a narrow bench is a bad thing: the contacts that are being made, right now, by the GOP in the primary are going to still be contacts in November.

Not to mention your bench consists solely of an unindicted felon that even you assholes hate, if you would admit it to yourselves, and a raving septuagenarian hippie who, just can't seem to get anyone to take his expired coupons.

:cheersmate: to whomever came up with that!  I can't remember who did, but I still laugh.  :thumbs:

doc03 (16,046 posts)

Ruh roh.....  So, what's your problem?  besides the obvious....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:37:02 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx