Author Topic: Just a reminder why someone like TFG won in Iowa  (Read 2512 times)

Online CC27

Just a reminder why someone like TFG won in Iowa
« on: January 16, 2024, 08:03:06 AM »
no_hypocrisy (44,781 posts)

Last edited Tue Jan 16, 2024, 06:44 AM - Edit history (1)

There are voters who really, really believe everything he says. He'll decide everything for them and they won't have the responsibility if things don't work out.

There are voters who vote for whomever is prominently in the media, making that candidate more like a Nielsen rating vote than POTUS candidate.

There are voters (like my friend) who don't have a clue about the serious issues facing this country and the world. These voters choose because "Trump looks like fun." (Yes, that's what my friend said about her "endorsement" of Sarah Palin 16 years ago.)

There are voters who are afraid of the potential negative fall-out if they DON'T vote for him and he wins.

And there are voters who make the choice based on their families, their friends, their co-workers, and perhaps most importantly (in Iowa anyway), their church. Evangelicals really believe that TFG is going to turn this country from a constitutional republic into a country based on Christian Denominationalism to rule over us heretics in this country and the world. Trump will preside over the Second Coming of Christ.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218600964

You seem on edge DUmmie? Something wrong?  :whistling:

Online 67 Rover

Re: Just a reminder why someone like TFG won in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 08:55:18 AM »
There are voters (like my friend) who don't have a clue about the serious issues facing this country and the world.

Pretty sure your friend buys gas, grocery's, cars, home goods and also pays utilities, rent/mortgage, taxes etc. and sees the four proxy wars the US is now involved in that were not an issue when President Trump was in office.   :mad:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 10:37:42 AM »
There are voters (like my friend us at the dump ) who don't have a clue about the serious issues facing this country and the world.

Fixed it!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 11:27:52 AM »
Keep denigrating and slandering normal people. It worked so well for HiLIARy!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 12:10:12 PM »
There are voters (like my friend) who don't have a clue about the serious issues facing this country and the world.

Tell us what issues are more important right now than wars breaking out, the economy, rule by unelected bureaucrats, big tech censorship, mass surveillance, and the like? We’ll wait.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 04:20:42 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 12:45:32 PM »
no_hypocrisy (44,781 posts)

Last edited Tue Jan 16, 2024, 06:44 AM - Edit history (1)

There are voters who really, really believe everything he says. He'll decide everything for them and they won't have the responsibility if things don't work out.

There are voters who vote for whomever is prominently in the media, making that candidate more like a Nielsen rating vote than POTUS candidate.

There are voters (like my friend) who don't have a clue about the serious issues facing this country and the world. These voters choose because "Trump looks like fun." (Yes, that's what my friend said about her "endorsement" of Sarah Palin 16 years ago.)

There are voters who are afraid of the potential negative fall-out if they DON'T vote for him and he wins.

And there are voters who make the choice based on their families, their friends, their co-workers, and perhaps most importantly (in Iowa anyway), their church. Evangelicals really believe that TFG is going to turn this country from a constitutional republic into a country based on Christian Denominationalism to rule over us heretics in this country and the world. Trump will preside over the Second Coming of Christ.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218600964

TALK ABOUT A SELF OWN.

Everything in tat disjointed tirade describes the typical low IQ childish  leftist in America.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 01:05:12 PM »
Tell us what issues are more important right now than wars breaking put, the economy, rule by unelected bureaucrats, big tech censorship, mass surveillance, and the like? We’ll wait.

Abortion, trans rights, open borders, climate change and dei for a start  :thatsright:

That’s what is important to them, and lest we forget making sure orange man doesn’t get re-elected  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 01:33:47 PM »
TALK ABOUT A SELF OWN.

Everything in tat disjointed tirade describes the typical low IQ childish  leftist in America.

Indeed. This could all be applied, with a glove-like fit, to those that support democrats, particularly plugs biden.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 01:38:18 PM »
Tell us what issues are more important right now than wars breaking put, the economy, rule by unelected bureaucrats, big tech censorship, mass surveillance, and the like? We’ll wait.

Not being a lib but extrapolating their talking points lately:

- Let anyone flow into the country without background checks for terrorist affiliations or testing them for diseases (The U.S.A. did that for 12 million who emigrated legally through Ellis Island)
- Forcing Americans to stop using all carbon based products: i.e. gas powered cars and stoves. And restricting all the normal activities from dishwashers, toilets, showerheads, et al.
- Anyone who disagrees with the above and whatever we deem is inappropriate is racist, misogynist, homophobic

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 05:39:01 PM »

Trump recommended that people get jabbed but it was Rs who were more jab reluctant. It was lefties who knelt before government in the jab department.

Serious issues like war? There was less war under Trump.

Like inflation, over-regulation, rotten trade agreements and having 2A gutted?

I'm not at all religious. I don't even belong to the climate change religion.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 12:26:26 PM »
These voters choose because "Trump looks like fun."

Trump is an outsider, he doesn't usually act or talk like a businessmen as usual politician, contrary to the DUmp conspiracies, he's not owned by anyone, country or corporation, he wants to shake things up, clean up DC, and try different approaches instead of the same fertilizer the career politicians on both sides of the aisle have been feeding us for decades without any progress.  He's never been my first choice, but I'll take someone willing to try something new and fail than people who want to keep banging our nation's head against the same rock.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2024, 04:04:45 PM »
"There are voters who really, really believe everything he says. He'll decide everything for them and they won't have the responsibility if things don't work out."
Sounds like how the Dems felt about Obama from 2008- 2016, and how many of them feel about Biden.

"There are voters (like my friend) who don't have a clue about the serious issues facing this country and the world. These voters choose because "Trump looks like fun.""
Ditto on my previous reply, and include Hillary on that as well.

"And there are voters who make the choice based on their families, their friends, their co-workers, and perhaps most importantly (in Iowa anyway), their church. Evangelicals really believe that TFG is going to turn this country from a constitutional republic into a country based on Christian Denominationalism to rule over us heretics in this country and the world. Trump will preside over the Second Coming of Christ."
As an evangelical myself, I can tell you that only a couple lunatic- fringe churches actually believe that, far from representative of American evangelical Christians as a whole.
Most just appreciate that unlike Obama, Biden, or Hillary had she been elected, Trump has a willingness to ensure that the religious rights of American Christians are protected.
He showed that early in his term when he signed the Executive Order that helped pro- life business owners be exempt from Obama's odious Birth Control Mandate (A policy in which Christian pro- life business owners would be forced by law to pay for their employees' abortions as part of their health plans, thereby being forced by law to go against the teachings of their faith and basic dictates of their consciences out of fear of being branded criminals if they don't, a policy which would be a clear violation of their Constitutional right to freely practice their religious beliefs) on religious grounds.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 08:41:48 AM »
...there are voters who make the choice based on their families, their friends, their co-workers, and perhaps most importantly (in Iowa anyway), their church. Evangelicals really believe that TFG is going to turn this country from a constitutional republic into a country based on Christian Denominationalism to rule over us heretics in this country and the world. Trump will preside over the Second Coming of Christ."
As an evangelical myself, I can tell you that only a couple lunatic- fringe churches actually believe that, far from representative of American evangelical Christians as a whole.

Being an Evangelical and living in Silicon Valley (i.e. a populous area), I might be able to find a church or two that is into Christian Reconstruction - what Progs call "Dominionists". But a church that believes/teaches anything resembling, "that TFG is going to turn this country from a constitutional republic into a country based on Christian Denominationalism to rule over us heretics in this country and the world. Trump will preside over the Second Coming of Christ"? The only place I've heard that kind of crazy is from DU's Christian-haters.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 10:33:09 AM »
.... Trump will preside over the Second Coming of Christ"? The only place I've heard that kind of crazy is from DU's Christian-haters.

From what I'm given to understand about the Second coming, there isn't a political leader on the planet that WANTS to be "in charge" when The Savior shows up again. I seem to remember a whole lot of ..."burning as stubble" being involved in those parts of Revelations.  :shucks:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus