Author Topic: One of my pet peeves  (Read 1775 times)

Offline CC27

One of my pet peeves
« on: January 12, 2024, 11:41:25 AM »
Ohioboy (3,100 posts)

One of my pet peeves
I can't stand the way self- righteous right- wingers cite Orwell's 1984 as if it proves any of their demented arguments. You can tell right away they've never actually read the book, and if they did they missed the whole point of the story.

The whole premise of the book is how truth and history get rewritten by the authorities to the point where no one knows the truth. The truth goes down the "Memory Hole" and a new story gets written to take the place of what actually happened. If we were living in Orwell's story things like "Jan 6th was just a tourist visit" would become the official story in order to hide the reality that an insurrection was attempted by a butt- hurt cult leader who wanted to stay in power.

As usual they project and ignore the things they do. Just needed to rant. Have a good weekend.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218591980

I doubt you read the book either. Look at the website you post at,

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: One of my pet peeves
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 11:54:55 AM »
Who is is that is taking down statues of our forefathers such as Jefferson and the like?

Who is it that has been censoring the digital public square and digitally disappearing those who speak outside their chosen overton window?

What I can tell right away, is that this DUmmy has either never read the book, or doesn't understand the bòok due to its obstructed, biased viewpoint.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 12:17:56 PM »

Yes, part of the point is that certain authoritarians rewrite history and make it difficult, if not impossible to know the truth about the past, or even gather enough reliable information to form a reliable assumption. 

Using the DUmp fly's example, who produced a spectacularly edited video and admitted it as "evidence" of the "insurrection" on January 6th?  Who is fighting to keep the numbers of FBI agents in the crowd unknown or a conspiracy theory?  Who got Epps a slap on the wrist while people who just happened to be in DC on that date are still sitting in jail?  Here's a hint, it's not "right-wingers". 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 04:31:26 PM »
One of my pet peeves
I can't stand the way self- righteous right- wingers cite Orwell's 1984 as if it proves any of their demented arguments. You can tell right away they've never actually read the book, and if they did they missed the whole point of the story.

The whole premise of the book is how truth and history get rewritten by the authorities to the point where no one knows the truth. The truth goes down the "Memory Hole" and a new story gets written to take the place of what actually happened. If we were living in Orwell's story things like "Jan 6th was just a tourist visit" would become the official story in order to hide the reality that an insurrection was attempted by a butt- hurt cult leader who wanted to stay in power.

As usual they project and ignore the things they do. Just needed to rant. Have a good weekend.

Okay, here's Orwell in his own words:

I do not believe that the kind of society I describe will necessarily arrive, but I believe (allowing, of course, for the fact that the book is a satire) that something resembling it could arrive...[it is] a show...[of the] perversions to which a centralised economy is liable and which have already been partly realisable in communism and fascism.

And the poster warns that the authorities rewrite history. Democrats are the party in power right now. :thatsright:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 04:40:47 PM »
“Centralized economy” is the perfect description of the Dem party.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 05:10:58 PM »
One of my pet peeves is when lib-turds assume that conservatives are too stupid to comprehend subtext and nuance in classic literature.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 10:28:07 PM »
Who is is that is taking down statues of our forefathers such as Jefferson and the like?

Who is it that has been censoring the digital public square and digitally disappearing those who speak outside their chosen overton window?

What I can tell right away, is that this DUmmy has either never read the book, or doesn't understand the bòok due to its obstructed, biased viewpoint.
Also,
Who is it that believes our Founding Fathers, people whose courage, leadership and vision helped birth our country, should be known exclusively for owning slaves and other faults?
Who is it that controls Hollywood, and has lately been working extra hard to rewrite history, such as putting out projects that race- swap historic figures (i.e. 'Hamilton,' Netflix's 'Cleopatra,' etc.), and other projects that present historical events as being the exact opposite of how they actually happened in order to make things more "Diverse" and push a false narrative on the public (i.e. 'The Woman King')?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 08:29:21 AM »
More and more I think the dump is a satire site, I can’t believe people are that blind and stupid to post some of the ridiculous things that they do.

They constantly accusing Republicans and conservatives for doing the exact same things that are their parties platform. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 08:29:35 PM »
More and more I think the dump is a satire site, I can’t believe people are that blind and stupid to post some of the ridiculous things that they do.

They constantly accusing Republicans and conservatives for doing the exact same things that are their parties platform. :thatsright:

They're the flat earthers of politics, with hateful mean streaks and projectionist tendencies.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.