Author Topic: Work: everyday I come here and everyday those people bother me  (Read 2206 times)

Offline CC27

underpants (141,754 posts)

Work: everyday I come here and everyday those people bother me

I was not sure how to lead this off so I went with that. I say it at work all the time, with a smile.

So yesterday we got a call from our landlord/real estate company that manages this property (Berkshire Hathaway), the owner is selling the house. We have 60 days.

Yes we rent. A ridiculously low $1,200 a month for 1,500 square foot trilevel home. 3 bedrooms (one is a "craft room" suburbian to the nth degree. Great schools - my daughter is locked into a high school program after she got accepted (yes we can apply to high schools here). And so forth.

I've shared a lot here on DU over the years but this is a bit strange for me. Apparently WE'RE BUYING A HOUSE. Like real quick. I've never owned a home, never really wanted to. So I guess part of this is any tips you all can offer. I am eligible for a VA loan and our income should allow for a nice place. I get the feeling we are going to an even whiter place.

My wife and I, since last night, have had several "it's going to be okay" deep breath moments. My main concern at this point is packing. I moved so many times when I was a kid you'd think my mother was in the carnival. My wife on the other hand has every gravy boat her great grandmother ever cast a shadow upon. Plus, she's a "prepper", we have about 6 months of food in this place.

So....here we go. Out into real life.... I guess. Sorry just needed to vent before I go to work.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212104592

Lies.

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Re: Work: everyday I come here and everyday those people bother me
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »
My advice: public housing.

If that fails: tiny home
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »
I get the feeling we are going to an even whiter place.

Well, that's really racist of you.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »

I would so not fit on DU. Over the past 40+ years I could count on one hand the number of coworkers I've disliked. And probably have four fingers and a thumb left unused for that count.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 10:46:14 AM »
How's that Trump economy going for ya?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 03:23:57 PM »
Response to underpants (Original post)Fri May 17, 2019, 07:30 AM
Star Member yardwork (48,819 posts)
5. Can you buy the house you're in?
Response to yardwork (Reply #5)Fri May 17, 2019, 08:47 AM
Star Member underpants (141,760 posts)
12. We could but we're not

It needs too much work. Plumbing mostly - yeah we were responsible for that in the lease which was new to me at the time.

They probably trashed the place.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 06:26:52 PM »

I was not sure how to lead this off so I went with that. I say it at work all the time, with a smile.

So yesterday we got a call from our landlord/real estate company that manages this property (Berkshire Hathaway), the owner is selling the house. We have 60 days.

Yes we rent. A ridiculously low $1,200 a month for 1,500 square foot trilevel home. 3 bedrooms (one is a "craft room" suburbian to the nth degree. Great schools - my daughter is locked into a high school program after she got accepted (yes we can apply to high schools here). And so forth.

I've shared a lot here on DU over the years but this is a bit strange for me. Apparently WE'RE BUYING A HOUSE. Like real quick. I've never owned a home, never really wanted to. So I guess part of this is any tips you all can offer. I am eligible for a VA loan and our income should allow for a nice place. I get the feeling we are going to an even whiter place.

My wife and I, since last night, have had several "it's going to be okay" deep breath moments. My main concern at this point is packing. I moved so many times when I was a kid you'd think my mother was in the carnival. My wife on the other hand has every gravy boat her great grandmother ever cast a shadow upon. Plus, she's a "prepper", we have about 6 months of food in this place.

So....here we go. Out into real life.... I guess. Sorry just needed to vent before I go to work.

How are they bothering you?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 07:36:04 PM »
How are they bothering you?

My question to the dummie is this: "Are they bothering you enough to off yourself? No? Then FOAD cause nobody at DU cares until you do."

:-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 08:00:36 PM »
Most people want to own rather than rent because if you're purchasing a home then hopefully you're purchasing something that is appreciating in value. This idiot would rather flush what little he does have down the toilet by renting until kingdom come.

I'll never understand these dolts and don't really want to.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 10:35:08 PM »
I think that work:  sentence may have been an old movie reference, who knows?  Either way, it has nothing to do with the post that follows. 

our income should allow for a nice place. I get the feeling we are going to an even whiter place.

Should be banned.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 07:01:40 AM »
They probably trashed the place.

Stole all of the copper pipes.

I have never, ever heard of a lease in which the renter is responsible for the plumbing repairs.  That's just absurd on its face and skidmark here is either outright lying or else leaving out something very important.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 07:16:41 AM »

I have never, ever heard of a lease in which the renter is responsible for the plumbing repairs.  That's just absurd on its face and skidmark here is either outright lying or else leaving out something very important.

The lease might stipulate that the renter should get the repairs done (i.e. quickly) and then submit the paid bills to the owner, deducting the total from their rent. Or maybe having the responsibility for plumbing repairs was in exchange for the "ridiculously low $1,200 a month". But implicit in underpants' post is that they have not had the repairs done, instead allowing plumbing problems to pile up.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
Someone should contact underpants employer and local law enforcement ASAP.  This sounds like another crazy leftist getting ready to go postal. 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 10:20:55 AM »

Or let alone most repairs ranging from electrical to air conditioning.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »

All of the leases on my places say that the renters are responsible for sewer repairs and cleanout if the plumber determines that they have put thing down the toilets they should not.  These items include mass toilet paper, feminine napkins, paper towels,... This happens more oftenthan you would think and is not the landlord's problem.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 12:08:13 PM »
It's entertaining watching the idiots over there try to give advice.  Of all the places I would get it advice from on home buying, the DUmp would be at the bottom.

Offline Adam Wood

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 03:15:49 PM »

All of the leases on my places say that the renters are responsible for sewer repairs and cleanout if the plumber determines that they have put thing down the toilets they should not.  These items include mass toilet paper, feminine napkins, paper towels,... This happens more oftenthan you would think and is not the landlord's problem.
Oh, I don't doubt that.  You screw it up, you have to fix it.

it's just that the way that skidmark is portraying it, the DUmmie has to pay for any and all plumbing, from rusted pipes to busted faucets, which certainly isn't standard in any lease that I've ever known.  Clogged sink or toilet?  Send the maintenance guy with a plunger (I've been that guy plenty of times).  Sanitary napkins clogging the main?  OK, the renter has to pay for the guy to snake the joint. 

But a worn-out faucet?  Leaky washers? Rusted out drain pipes?  Everywhere I've ever been, that's the landlord's problem.  Hell, that's half the point of renting: you don't have to put up with the everyday homeowner crap that ordinary homeowners have to.  And at least it sounds like, based upon skidmark's comments, that the DUmmie is taking on the responsibility of a homeowner while also paying the rent and not getting any equity out of the deal.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »
I've for the most part been blessed with handy tenants. Being flexible with security deposits and stuff goes a long way towards keeping the places tidy.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 08:53:27 AM »
I've for the most part been blessed with handy tenants. Being flexible with security deposits and stuff goes a long way towards keeping the places tidy.

But no DUmmy-grade tenants. They're speh-shul.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 02:40:32 PM »
But no DUmmy-grade tenants. They're speh-shul.
Yep... had one that left needles and burned spoons all over the place and stole a bathroom sink. I'd love to know her DU name
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »
Someone should contact underpants employer and local law enforcement ASAP.  This sounds like another crazy leftist getting ready to go postal.

I think this is his address and here is a picture of the house he rents.

editing to add - and that's where they work.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:51:31 PM by Tess Anderson »