Author Topic: Worst Case Scenario (Nightmare, Really)  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Worst Case Scenario (Nightmare, Really)
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:05:10 AM »
This may be old (they usually are by the time they get down here), but I got this email this morning.  Thought I'd share it.

Dear Friends,

Last night I had the strangest dream. It was so real, so life-like and so vivid I woke up in a cold sweat. Let me describe it to you briefly...

1. Hillary wins the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States

2. Naturally, she wants to choose as her running mate someone with a lot of knowledge and experience in government and foreign affairs, someone who is a seasoned campaigner who could bring a lot of strength to the ticket. Who better than Bill, her husband?!!!

3. Hill and Bill go on to win the election in November and the Democrats maintain control of the House and the Senate.

4. Hillary is sworn in as President on January 20, 2009. The next day, after all the inauguration parties are over, she calls a press conference to make an announcement: she is resigning as President!!!  Bill, as the Vice President, immediately becomes President!!! This is all perfectly legal under the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, for it states that "no person may be elected as president more than twice".  Bill is not being elected for a third term but is merely serving out the remainder of Hillary's term---all 4 years of it.

5. But wait! There's more!  The following day Bill calls a press conference to make an announcement. He has chosen someone to fill the now-vacant office of Vice President. Guess who he picks? Why, Hillary, of course!!! And she would still be able to run for president again!!!

Please forward this e-mail to all of your Republican friends and to as many others as you wish to cause sleepless nights... :-(

Send to your Democratic friends who will love it.

Really scary.  Even though Hillary won't relenquish power to ANYONE.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Worst Case Scenario (Nightmare, Really)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:45:26 AM »
Constitutionally speaking, Bill Clinton cannot be elected Vice President.  His inability to become President of the United States again negates the primary reason the office of the Vice President exists in the first place. 

Then there is that nepotism law that was enacted after JFK appointed his brother, RFK, as his Attorney General.  Although it doesn't directly apply to an elected position, it still applies in spirit.   

Offline Lauri

Re: Worst Case Scenario (Nightmare, Really)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »
yeah, she isnt giving it up for anyone.. not even Big Dog.

in fact, i fear for Obama's life if he doesnt start losing soon...