Author Topic: Huckabee Wins West Virginia GOP Contest in Second Round, With Help From McCain  (Read 2621 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Mike Huckabee won the first of 21 GOP contests on Super Tuesday, pulling out a victory in the West Virginia Republican convention even though Mitt Romney won the first round.

The former Arkansas governor pulled ahead after John McCain’s delegates apparently defected to his side. In round two, Huckabee took 51.5 percent to Romney’s 47.4 percent.

The convention had to go into a second round of voting Tuesday after no candidate took a clear majority the first time. Texas Rep. Ron Paul was knocked out, but Huckabee, Romney and John McCain moved forward.

Paul finished fourth with 10 percent among the 1,133 participating delegates in the first round, while Mitt Romney took 41 percent and Mike Huckabee took 33 percent. McCain, who started the day in New York City before heading to California, reached the second round with 15 percent.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/05/paul-eliminated-wva-gop-convention-voting-ends-without-winner/

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Something tells me this says more about West Virginia than Huckabee, and neither is good.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Does WV not hold democratic primaries today?

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
Maybe McCain is the man to beat the Clintons.  Sounds like he knows their tricks.  He's apparently a win at all costs guy, too.  I still didn't vote for him, and will hate to in the G.E.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
West Virgina just got ****-abeed.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Tess Anderson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
West Virgina just got ****-abeed.

*snort* :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

from what ive heard on talk radio this afternoon.. that little stunt of McCain's and Huckabees isnt sitting too well with LOTS of people in the midwest who dont get to vote today... I would say his Clintonian tactics will possibly backfire on him.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
I can tell you for a fact that there were a bunch of representatives at the convention in WV yesterday that are seriously pissed at Huckabee and McCain today.  I would be willing to best a bunch of them will do whatever it takes now to make sure neither win. :censored:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill