Author Topic: Ron Paul racing for NASCAR vote?  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Ron Paul racing for NASCAR vote?
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:01:39 PM »

The stupendous amounts of money being spent on the presidential race have got supporters of non-front-running candidates coming up with novel ways to keep up the fight. Aficionados of Republican candidate Ron Paul have created Ron Paul Racing, a web site gathering pledges to brand a NASCAR car during this year's Daytona 500.

This line says it all: "RonPaulRacing.com will reach millions of new supporters as the RON PAUL car shoots down the front straight at 200 MPH screaming 'FREEDOM.'" The site isn't accepting donations now, merely pledges for donations. As of this writing they've collected more than $10,000, but they're looking for more, "all the way to the millions."

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/03/ron-paul-racing-for-nascar-vote/

http://www.ronpaulracing.com/

BTW, the link is dead much like Paul's Presidential campaign and his supporters gray matter.   :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Ron Paul racing for NASCAR vote?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
Well damn looks like Paul is a shoo in now.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »

Wow -- look at that race car with his name on it.  That convinced me!  I'll vote for him!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:06:40 PM »
I hope the car doesn't hit a wall too.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 08:04:15 PM »
LOL, another one of their great marketing strategies. I wonder whatever happened to that blimp of theirs.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 08:11:50 PM »
LOL, another one of their great marketing strategies. I wonder whatever happened to that blimp of theirs.

I'm sure it's still floating around.  There's enough hot air from RP supporters to keep that thing afloat until the NEXT election.

Or some stoner dumbass will eventually forget to tether the thing and it will float away.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »
[youtube=425,350]CfNATuw1DRs[/youtube]

:rocker:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »
"RonPaulRacing.com -- becuase crashing and burning isn't a choice, it's a lifestyle"  :rotf:

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »
Who would be the dumbass who ends up driving the "Paul Car" if they did it anyway?

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 10:25:54 PM »
Did you look at the trophy Paul was "holding".  What a laugh.   :lmao:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »
Maybe we can pull Dick Trickle out of retirement to run that car.  Seriously, I hope this thing takes out the wall during qualifying.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 01:58:33 PM »
There is no car...it's all BS..The most he could do is get some team with money troubles to let him put his name on the car(for some big bucks)There is no way a top 35 team is gonna do it this late....Daytona is only 12 days away.
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 06:07:29 PM »
Guy I know was flying his tail dragger around Augusta today with a Ron Paul banner. He's not a Paulie Girl, it was just a job. He also drags around a school book store banner before and during the first of the semesters at Augusta State.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
Guy I know was flying his tail dragger around Augusta today with a Ron Paul banner. He's not a Paulie Girl, it was just a job. He also drags around a school book store banner before and during the first of the semesters at Augusta State.

But... but... I thought they had a blimp.   :(

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »

He's got the pimp and prostitute vote.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 07:21:51 PM »

Wow -- look at that race car with his name on it.  That convinced me!  I'll vote for him!

my stock answer now in any Paul thread: "meh, its as good a tactic as any of his other ideas"