Author Topic: Oprah’s Back (campaigning for the BarackStar)  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Oprah’s Back (campaigning for the BarackStar)
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:03:09 PM »
Oprah’s Back

ALBUQUERQUE – Oprah is on the way.

On Sunday, Oprah Winfrey is returning to the presidential campaign trail to headline a California event for Senator Barack Obama. The Obama campaign has yet to announce details, but people familiar with the event say the television talk show magnate will join Michelle Obama at a campaign rally in the Los Angeles area.

The goal? Closing the gap with Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton in California before Tuesday’s primary. The target? Women voters.

It has been nearly two months since Ms. Winfrey made her debut on the trail, drawing tens of thousands of people to arenas in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Mr. Obama won Iowa and South Carolina, which aides attribute to the attention stirred by Ms. Winfrey. (Particularly the landslide South Carolina victory.)

Ms. Winfrey has not played a role in Mr. Obama’s television advertising campaign and has been out of the political spotlight since that weekend in December., when she strode onto a stage in Des Moines, declaring: “Oh my goodness. At last, I’m here.”

“I’ve been in contact with her consistently,” Mr. Obama said aboard his campaign plane the other day, “and she’s open to helping out in any ways that she can.”

Today, Mr. Obama flew from California to begin the sprint to Super Tuesday, campaigning in New Mexico and Idaho, Minnesota and Missouri. In a news conference in Los Angeles, Mr. Obama was asked why it appeared he was giving up on California, which holds the largest trove of delegates. He smiled – not revealing the Oprah secret – and said: “We’ll see. I don’t share that view.”

“I think this is going to be very competitive, but we’ve got 22 states,” Mr. Obama said. “Just from a purely strategic perspective, I think everybody understands that if we are spending all of our time in one state and not spending time in the other 21, then that might not lead to the most delegates. And this is, frankly, a delegate race at this point.”

Link

trouble for hillary . . . .

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Oprah’s Back (campaigning for the BarackStar)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »
C-SPAN has been showing a Hillary campaign speech for the last hour.  Ron Paul is on now, and the Barack Star is next.

This channel is like watching theater of the absurd.  :loser:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »
Oy! I cannot stand The Oprah.

They had three women on CNN tearing each other up over Oprah's endorsement of Barackstar instead Hillary. It was pretty funny :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:13:22 PM »
Oy! I cannot stand The Oprah.

They had three women on CNN tearing each other up over Oprah's endorsement of Barackstar instead Hillary. It was pretty funny :-)

the blowback has been surprising.  watching the two most prominent special interest groups that support the dem party -- and the dem party is nothing more than a loose conglomeration of special interest groups -- has been entertaining.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 08:15:58 PM »
Black is black
I want The Oprah back
It's gray, it's gray
Since she went away, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue

If I had my way
She'd be back today
But she didn't intend
To see me again, Ooh-Ooh
What can I do
'Cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue

Offline ToastedRachel

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 12:12:07 AM »
Bad move. This just reinforces he is the "black guy." He should get Dr. Phil out there.

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »
Bad move. This just reinforces he is the "black guy." He should get Dr. Phil out there.

That would just reinforce what we already know. 
Obama-nation's base is whacked! 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 12:57:07 AM »

she has a good point.

if only white people vote, she wins the nomination.