Author Topic: McCain is Really Starting to Piss Me Off  (Read 2838 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
McCain is Really Starting to Piss Me Off
« on: January 31, 2008, 03:03:54 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pl3alXEU6Y[/youtube]

I might be argued that he is talking about people making profits through corrupt means, i.e. fraud, insider trading, etc. but difference between greedy and corrupt is very significant and for someone who needs to "court the conservative base" his comment strikes me as so far into Left(ist) field we have to wonder why this man runs with an R next to his name for anything.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lord Undies

Re: McCain is Really Starting to Piss Me Off
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »
One of my major complaints is hearing things out of context.  This seven-second clip doesn't offer context.  He could have been talking about the vendors who sell crummy hot dogs on Wall Street.

I am no fan of John McCain.  I am not defending him here. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm at work and can't see the video posted...so i don't know if this is the clip...but last night, he made a comment to Romney which really pissed me off.
Romney was making his argument about being a governor and also running a business and how this is important experience.  McCain came back with a (and I'm paraphrasing)"I lead with my experience in the military and not as someone who ran a business for profit" 

UMMMM...excuse me...but should people run a business for a LOSS?!?!?!  He's trying to turn Romney's forte into a negative and he didn't do it...at least not for me.  Is he against capitalism?? Fook you McCain  :redbird: :censored:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »
He's not ringing my bell either. I really, really hope the rest of America wakes up. He'll just be more of the same RINO crap.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »
He's not ringing my bell either. I really, really hope the rest of America wakes up. He'll just be more of the same RINO crap.

I don't think they will. Look at how unhinged he was last night and he's still ahead in the polls. Romney's not my first choice, but he's the best choice of those still in the game. I'm incredibly disappointed that FDT never really engaged, but I guess he didn't want it badly enough, which sort of makes him unqualified regardless of his conservative credentials.

I admire Romney in that the establishment is against him, the press is against him, and he's behind in the polls and yet, he soldiers on using his own money, no less. That's commitment.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »
The video is worthless, what is he talking about? :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »
What about the greedy SOBs on Pennsylvania Avenue, John?  They need to be punished far more than anyone going out there to make a living. :censored:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther