Author Topic: I'm Voting for Huckabee  (Read 12736 times)

Offline DaSaintFan

Re: I'm Voting for Huckabee
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »
So do we all have to jump on the Huckabee bandwagon now?  :-)

A couple of things bug me about him one was his In state tuition for illegas the second was I heard him say on faux snooze that Gitmo needs to be shut down.

sorry.. can't do it... I'm sure that Huckabee is conservative on a lot of social issues, but his inability to deal with  (and his willingness to even help out) illegal aliens has convinced me he's NOT the right guy for the job. 

I"m still leaning toward Romney now... although I'm concerned about his "fees"/"taxes" stances..

And I'm with DixieBelle, 100% of the way...

I lay the blame for Fred's demise squarely on the shoulders of America. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....this country wants an American Idol style contest instead of a presidental race. Most of the American public knows more about celebutards and reality TV than they do about the very important challenges that lie ahead. They only get excited over whatever CNN or the New York Times tells them they need to get excited over. I am extremely dissapointed. But not in Fred! He was the ideal candidate. He was serious and intelligent. He didn't have a problem telling the pundits to stay on the issues and not focus on some trivial matter like raising his damn hand at a debate.

I said this before, and I"ll say it again.. FT believed everything he said.. he spoke with logic, truth, honesty, and integrity.    I have serious doubts about _anyone_ else in the field on the Republican side.

So Dixie, don't worry about your rant, because this is one fellow conservative that agrees with you 100%...

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »
^you're confusing a character he played on TV with the man. But your comment is telling. Just proves my point about the American Idol crowd that dominates our country.

Speaking as someone who volunteered for Fred here, I can assure you he did what he could. He's a "This is who I am, like it or lump it" kind of guy. A lot of people need to be told over and over again "why" the person is right one. I guess he's guilty of being the only serious adult in the room. Sad. Oh well.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.  I'm gonna miss not having him in the race.  Now if we can just convince the evangelicals that Huckabee is a political version of Elmer Gantry, it'll all be for the good.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 04:35:16 PM »
I am a BIG proponent of the Fair Tax (and my copy of that book is autographed by Neal Boortz and John Linder  :-) ), but I do not and cannot support Huckabee or McCain (for that matter). Uh-uh, NO way.

I am truly at a loss as to who to pull for. It's either Rudy or Romney  :mental:

As for your anger with Fred, I hear you, loud and clear. We got sold out  :bird:

Yeah I cannot vote for Mike Huckabee either. He is too much of a big-government statist and was corrupt when he was governor (he stopped an investigation of his son who tortured an animal to death, used taxpayer money for personal expenses and pardoned criminal after criminal).

Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »
Never overestimate the government's ability to spend your money and raise your taxes.  This is one reason I'm skeptical about the Fair Tax.  I like it, but I'm a little wary from what I've seen at home.  We have a sales tax of almost 10% that is supposed to fund the government without having a state income tax.  They still manage to spend more than they take in.

Right now, there are half a dozen different tax brackets: 5%, 11%, 15%, 19%, and 27%.  The upper limit in the fourth bracket is around $300,000 a year.  Simplifying the tax code to two brackets, 10% and 25% would be an enormous improvment and give families making $300,000 or less a huge break.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdoc.cfm?index=5746&type=0&sequence=3
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 06:18:10 PM »
So do we all have to jump on the Huckabee bandwagon now?  :-)
A couple of things bug me about him one was his In state tuition for illegas the second was I heard him say on faux snooze that Gitmo needs to be shut down.

The Huckster is runnin' out of money. Unless he shocks a lot of people and wins some primaries on Super Tuesday, he's toast.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »
President Huckabee are god ******* damn kidding me?  We've now gloriously elected a Bubba, Dubbya, and now maybe a Huckabbee - my God people can't we at least agree on a President with a real name????

Like Mitt!   :tongue:
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 07:31:47 PM »
i think we just need to make a law about Nobody Else From Arkansas ...  :-)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 07:32:12 PM »
i think we just need to make a law about Nobody Else From Arkansas ...  :-)

I can agree on that
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »
I am for the FAIR Tax...I just don't think it will ever pass...especially if the dummocrats maintain the majority in Congress.