Current Events > General Discussion

More Middle East Fun(Male Belly Dancing)

(1/4) > >>

jtyangel:
As a female, I gotta say this doesn't appeal to me at all.  :bolt: I hope this doesn't become a trend in the gheyness circles here... :thatsright:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=atLloMTgRlEg&refer=home

--- Quote ---an. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Farid Mesbaah, male belly dancer, hopped on a car in Cairo's Shobra district and strutted his stuff.

He clanged metal castanets, magically converted his hips into pistons and twirled his head around like a centrifuge. The crowd at tables lining a dirt alley clapped rhythmically. Young men in jeans jumped up to wiggle along.

Mesbaah was performing at the opening of the Old-Time Moon Cafe, a gig that -- along with weddings, birthdays, night clubs and circumcisions -- is typical for belly dancers. Untypical, at least in recent years, are performances by men.

Male belly dancing, a centuries-old Egyptian tradition, is making a comeback -- against the odds, considering its periodic suppression by government and religious officials. The problem for Mesbaah is that his craft has long been associated with homosexuality -- a taboo in Egypt.
--- End quote ---

Umm, ya think?

RightCoast:

--- Quote from: jtyangel on January 02, 2008, 08:47:08 AM ---As a female, I gotta say this doesn't appeal to me at all.  :bolt: I hope this doesn't become a trend in the gheyness circles here... :thatsright:

--- Quote ---an. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Farid Mesbaah, male belly dancer, hopped on a car in Cairo's Shobra district and strutted his stuff.

He clanged metal castanets, magically converted his hips into pistons and twirled his head around like a centrifuge. The crowd at tables lining a dirt alley clapped rhythmically. Young men in jeans jumped up to wiggle along.

Mesbaah was performing at the opening of the Old-Time Moon Cafe, a gig that -- along with weddings, birthdays, night clubs and circumcisions -- is typical for belly dancers. Untypical, at least in recent years, are performances by men.

Male belly dancing, a centuries-old Egyptian tradition, is making a comeback -- against the odds, considering its periodic suppression by government and religious officials. The problem for Mesbaah is that his craft has long been associated with homosexuality -- a taboo in Egypt.
--- End quote ---

Umm, ya think?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for not posting the youtube links :2muchgay:

Lord Undies:
[youtube=425,350]YjEJTbf7mWQ[/youtube]

This will help get the image out of your mind.

It's John Wayne doing the Jitterbug.  :hyper:

jtyangel:

--- Quote from: RightCoast on January 02, 2008, 04:09:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: jtyangel on January 02, 2008, 08:47:08 AM ---As a female, I gotta say this doesn't appeal to me at all.  :bolt: I hope this doesn't become a trend in the gheyness circles here... :thatsright:

--- End quote ---

Umm, ya think?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for not posting the youtube links :2muchgay:

--- End quote ---

I couldn't stomach them myself so it was a no brainer... :-)

jtyangel:

--- Quote from: Lord Undies on January 02, 2008, 04:22:56 PM ---[youtube=425,350]YjEJTbf7mWQ[/youtube]

This will help get the image out of your mind.

It's John Wayne doing the Jitterbug.  :hyper:

--- End quote ---

Men and women enjoying each other's company. Imagine that. :cheersmate:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version