Author Topic: I could see the republicans trying to push trump to resign before the election  (Read 562 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member still_one (72,397 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214025308

I could see the republicans trying to push trump to resign before the election or perhaps doing a 25th amendment.

The incentive for trump to resign would be that whoever they appoint would pardon trump in the lame duck period before the new president is sworn in

The problem with that plan is that they would have to find someone as corrupt as trump who would be willing to pardon trump, or force him out with the 25th amendment where Pence would then become president for the remaining term.

When Nixon resigned Ford did a full and unconditional pardon for Nixon for any crimes that he might have committed against the US as president. Problem with that is different states have different rules for someone to get on the ballot for the election, and in some states the ballots have already been mailed out

At least this time the press is not giving trump a free pass this time like they did in 2016, or for that matter have been doing for decades.

The problem for the republicans is that they have been rubber stamping everything trump has been doing since he took office, and I don't think they will be able to recover from that by the election

It is obvious that trump is now pushing the theme that their will be a vaccine by October. thinking that will save him. I do not think it will save him from the disparaging remarks he has made against our troops from this.

Even if a vaccine was released in October, it is doubtful there will be many takers since the credibility of this administration, and its influence on the CDC and FDA is extremely low.

So, I would not be surprised if the republicans tried to pull a "Gerald Ford Pardon" or exercise the 25th amendment. If they go the 25th amendment route, Pence would become the President for the remainder of trump's term, but I am not sure if he automatically becomes the republican nominee in place of trump on the ballots for the election

:whatever:

NoRoadUntravelled (611 posts)

5. Would be wonderful to see him out of there but even a Pence pardon

couldn't save him from prosecution in New York.

Can you imagine though? A televised trial in New York? Trump would be so hyped up by world wide ratings a conviction would be secondary. He'd have something to brag about in prison.

Star Member Desert grandma (520 posts)

6. My guess is that he resigns ONLY IF he loses.

Then he will have Pence pardon him and all the rest of his criminal enablers before January 20th. The Republican party of Trump will then be totally destroyed. Maybe a new opposition party can rise our of its ashes. We shall see.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
You could also see your asshole if your head was not pushed up it.

That they are trying to convince themselves of all this stupid crap tells it all...They know.

Offline SVPete

Star Member still_one (72,397 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214025308

I could see the republicans trying to push trump to resign before the election or perhaps doing a 25th amendment.

You could also see your asshole if your head was not pushed up it.

That they are trying to convince themselves of all this stupid crap tells it all...They know.

:lmao:  :rotf: He's looking out between his teeth. :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf: Into his :stoner: . :rotf:  :lmao:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Trump was supposed to have resigned and be pardoned by his replacement back in the tail end of January 2017. We even heard the "Trump hates troops" canard in the past. Soon we'll be circling back around to "RUSSIA!"
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

Trump was supposed to have resigned and be pardoned by his replacement back in the tail end of January 2017. We even heard the "Trump hates troops" canard in the past. Soon we'll be circling back around to "RUSSIA!"

Yep, DU-grade Proggies are on a carousel, grabbing for a never-ending series of odoriferous squishy brown rings. They've been riding it since some time in 2015 or early 2016.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

Good thing that all of the DUchebags predictions have been wrong or I would really begin to worry.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Desert grandma

The Republican party of Trump will then be totally destroyed. Maybe a new opposition party can rise our of its ashes.

Who is this dolt trying to fool? Liberals aren't interested in an opposition party. They aren't tolerant of opposition at all. They want complete and total obedience or they'll try to kill you. They've made that abundantly clear.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.