Author Topic: It is a puzzlement!  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
It is a puzzlement!
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »
I have one of the ION USB turntables fro transferring vinyl albums to digital.  The process works as follows:

1. Play the album which loads the tracks into an internal proprietary format "project."
2. Manually find the track breaks and mark and name them.
3. Export the tracks, which become individual wav or mp3 files.

After that you deal with the individual files.  My wife has decided she prefers to cut a CD from them, then import the CD into iTunes. This is where it gets weird.

The album she was importing was a Mexican version of 20 Hits of the 60s.  She followed the standard procedure above, and imported the CD into our desktop. So far, so good.

But when she imported the CD into her laptop (we don't try to sync the desktop and the laptop because of that stupid licensing iTunes thing) it started changing the song names TO SPANISH.  It  appears it found the album information somewhere on the internets (it found the artwork as well).

Anyone know why one copy of iTunes would find the album but another would not?  Both are connected to the same network, which was active at the time.

ps: FWIIW, I tried to import the CD into Windows Media Player (11) it, as usual, couldn't find any names at all.  Attempts to find the album were pretty useless, since the search function is stupid.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: It is a puzzlement!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
If it were anyone but you I would ask if they are identical installations with identical configuration settings and security settings..... but since it is you, I will refrain. If you figure it out, post it. My daughter has itunes, I went to their support board for one issue and found it to be quite helpful.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »
If it were anyone but you I would ask if they are identical installations with identical configuration settings and security settings..... but since it is you, I will refrain. If you figure it out, post it. My daughter has itunes, I went to their support board for one issue and found it to be quite helpful.
That's a great idea (and thanks for the compliment) -- I'll check there and see if I can get some ideas.

Thanks again :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:21:46 PM »
That's a great idea (and thanks for the compliment) -- I'll check there and see if I can get some ideas.

Thanks again :)

Oh I have more compliments where that came from.  :-*
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 08:29:44 PM »
Backatcha! :)