Author Topic: [D]s to regain Senate in 2016!!!!  (Read 822 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
[D]s to regain Senate in 2016!!!!
« on: April 18, 2015, 07:38:33 AM »
 ::) Please... you retards are looking at a tital wave of bad news.

NPolitics1979 (540 posts) http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251403656

Democrats can regain control of the US Senate in 2016 without CO and NV.
Democrats are strongly favored to win Democratic held seats in CA,CT,HI,MD,NJ-special,NY,OR,VT,and WA.
In order to regain control of the US Senate- Democrats need to win at least 6 Republican held seats
1)IL-Duckworth-D < proof veterans can be idiots too.
2)WI-Feingold-D
3)NH-Hassan-D
4)OH-Strickland-D
5)FL-Murphy-D
6)AK-Begich-D 

Republicans will have to defend 24 seats as compared to just 10 for Democrats in 2016.

One-term Senator Ron Johnson defeated three-term Senator Russ Feingold with 51.9% of the vote in 2010. He will be 61 years old in 2016. He is running for re-election.

Feingold and U.S. Representatives Ron Kind and Gwen Moore are potential Democratic candidates. Businesswoman and 2014 gubernatorial nominee Mary Burke has declared that she is not seeking statewide office in 2016.Polling by Public Policy Polling in February 2013 showed Johnson losing a re-match to Feingold, 52% to 42%

Whats going to bite Feingold's ass is the state of the nation in Nov 2016. Everything points to voter [D] anger and the various bullshit barry has pulled- plus having Hillary run is going to fragment the nation more- That being said, liberal Wisconsin might put the retard back into the seat.

One-term Senator Kelly Ayotte was elected with 60.2% of the vote in 2010. She will be 48 years old in 2016. Ayotte is running for re-election. She has also been speculated to be a potential candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in 2016 as well as a potential running mate. If she is the Vice Presidential nominee, she can appear on the ballot twice and run for re-election at the same time. If she does run, Ayotte may face a primary challenge from the Tea Party.

Governor Maggie Hassan is a potential Democratic candidate

Another if this then that BS. Ayotte is popular in NH and although it wuld be cool to have a woman [R] VP nom, I am guessing not at this point.

One-term Senator Rob Portman was elected with 57.3% of the vote in 2010. He will be 60 years old in 2016. He is running for re-election. Portman is considered a potential candidate for Vice President in 2016. He has ruled out running for two offices at the same time, even though Ohio law does allow it.He had considered running for President, but decided not to. Potential Republican candidates if Portman vacates the seat include Ohio State Treasurer Josh Mandel and U.S. Representative Steve Stivers.

The National Organization for Marriage and other socially conservative groups, unhappy with Portman's public backing for same-sex marriage, have pledged to back a primary challenger. Tea Party groups, who heavily backed Portman in 2010, have said that they are unlikely to do the same if he runs for re-election. Potential primary challengers include former Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, former State Representative Seth Morgan, and former State Representative Matt Lynch

Former Governor Ted Strickland and Cincinnati City Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld are running for the Democratic nomination. Former State Representative Bob Hagan had filed papers to run but later withdrew from the race. Other potential Democratic candidates include Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and former Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray and former U.S. Representatives John Boccieri and Betty Sutton.

Ohio got a RINO. If he makes the primary (and it looks like he will) he should do well against any [D] challenge.

One-term Senator Marco Rubio was elected in a three-way race with 48.9% of the vote in 2010. He will be 45 years old in 2016. Rubio openly considered whether to seek re-election or run for President in 2016. He stated in April 2014 that he would not run for both the Senate and President in 2016, as Florida law prohibits a candidate from appearing twice on a ballot, but did not rule out running for either office. In April 2015, he announced that he was running for President and would not seek re-election.

Other potential Republican candidates include former U.S. Senator George LeMieux, Florida Commissioner of Agriculture Adam Putnam, U.S. Representatives Vern Buchanan, Curt Clawson, Ron DeSantis, David Jolly, John Mica, Jeff Miller, Tom Rooney and Ted Yoho, and Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives Will Weatherford. Chief Financial Officer of Florida Jeff Atwater opted out of a run.

Congressman Patrick Murphy and attorney Pam Keith are running for the Democratic nomination.  Congressman Alan Grayson is also considering running

We can hope Gayson will run. Other than that it still looks good for the [R]s

Two-term Senator Lisa Murkowski was appointed in 2002 and elected to a full term in 2004. She was defeated in the Republican primary in 2010 by Joe Miller. She later ran as a write-in candidate in the 2010 general election and was re-elected to a second full term with 39.5% of the vote. She is one of only two senators to be elected via write-in votes, the other being Strom Thurmond. She will be 59 years old in 2016 and is running for re-election.

Potential Republican primary challengers include 2010 nominee and 2014 candidate Joe Miller, former Governor Sean Parnell, and Anchorage Mayor Dan Sullivan.

Potential Democratic candidates include former U.S. Senator Mark Begich, State Senator Dennis Egan, State Representative Andy Josephson, State Senator Bill Wielechowski, State Senator Hollis French and State Senate Minority Leader Johnny Ellis.

Another RINO, but a strong Senator with support from the state population.

*Pro-Choice
*supports non-federally funded embryonic stem cell research
*opposed President Barack Obama's health reform legislation
*one of five Republican senators who voted with Democrats for the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act
*supported the repeal of don't ask, don't tell
*voted in favor of a federal constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage- but then On June 19, 2013, Murkowski announced her support of same-sex marriage.

Of those seats maybe one will go [D], but nice pipe dream you got going, sparky.

customerserviceguy (17,120 posts)
1. Depends

Will Hillary have coattails, the way that Barack Obama did? I'm pretty doubtful about that.

The best we can hope for is a ho-hum Repuke that does not fire up their base. Jebbie would do nicely. Then it comes down to a choice by the mushy middle as to whether they're going to put the first woman in the White House, or just the third Bush within their lifetime. If they come out to vote, and the Rethugs just stay home, because they don't see much difference between the two, then we do better down-ballot.

The DUmpmonkies are so sure Jeb is gonna get the nod. Ain't gonna happen.

davidpdx (17,921 posts)
13. I have to agree with you on the Hillary coattails

We've had people on here say "oh if Hillary is on the ticket she'll win this state and this state and this state" (of which all of them are deep red states). It's called being delusional. I think Jeb Bush would be the most likely to successfully challenge Hillary. If you get someone like Rotten Rubio or Crazy Cruz, the election won't be as close.

NPolitics1979 (540 posts)
4. NV and CO are the two most vulnerable Democratic held US Senate seats in 2016

NV-if Sandoval-R runs.
Other Republican candidates-Krolicki,Hutchinson,Laxalt,or Roberson-Tossup-Leans D
Angle-R Likely D
CO-if Coffman-R or Tipton-R run
Bennet will defeat Buck-R or Lamborn-R
The most vulnerable Republican held seats in 2016 are
IL-Duckworth-D
OH-Strickland-D
FL-Murphy-D
WI-if Feingold-D runs
NH-if Hassan-D runs 

NHDEMFORLIFE (356 posts)
6. Not to be a broken record on NH, but ...Ayotte is not going to lose. Having been an activist in NH politics for 40 years. I would be astounded if she lost. The major TV station in the state follows her every move when she is in the state, fawning over her every word. She has the newspapers eating out of her hands, and she does all the grunt work a member of the Senate (or House, for that matter) needs to do to keep the seat for as long as she wants it. She has conned independents into thinking she is a moderate. It would take a lot of high-priced explaining to change that perception.
If there are poll numbers citing her vulnerability, I'd love to see them, particularly to find out who is doing the polling and what their methods are.
Barring a Democratic landslide at the top of the ticket, or her doing something incredibly stupid, Ayotte is a lock. I'd much rather see Hassan maintain the governorship.

The whole thing with NH is IF Ayotte runs as VP and doesn't also run for Senate, THEN maybe a [D] might get in... maybe...

Calista241 (899 posts)
8. Alaska is not going back To Dem unfortunately. The seat only went Dem for one term because a corrupt prosecutor interfered. In addition, the Repubs are going to win Nevada at least, so we'll need to pick up 7 seats.

N_E_1 for Tennis (1,038 posts)
12. Maybe not...here's my opinion...

not that's it's worth much. But...
I feel that the R's have figured out that the POTUS really is not the power position.
The true power lies in the two houses and beyond, think corporate money.
We have observed this in Mr. Obama's tenure.
They tweaked their power position. They know how to block legislation. They learned. We cried.

As a closet psychopath I understand this position. Brilliant. Give up a little, gain a lot. No need to be upfront, disturb from the rear. Gain the true power.

Sometimes you need to step away from the stage to really appreciate the music.

All I ask before you flame the hairs off my eyes is to think about it.

BTW, I was in MI for much of my military career this was a everyday tactic.

Again and I must say this, I so totally hope I'm wrong. Then I could go to sleep at night. 

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ChuckJ

Re: [D]s to regain Senate in 2016!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:08:51 AM »
customerserviceguy (17,120 posts)
1. Depends

Will Hillary have coattails, the way that Barack Obama did? I'm pretty doubtful about that.

The best we can hope for is a ho-hum Repuke that does not fire up their base. Jebbie would do nicely. Then it comes down to a choice by the mushy middle as to whether they're going to put the first woman in the White House, or just the third Bush within their lifetime. If they come out to vote, and the Rethugs just stay home, because they don't see much difference between the two, then we do better down-ballot.

It must mean very short coattails.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »
Uh, what kind of coat-tails did Obozo have?

If I recall correctly, they were about as long as.....Nixon's.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
If anyone is expecting Hitlery to have coat tails, they better be ready for coat tales.
And tall tales at that.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »
The republicans have already beat themselves. Given that there is still 16+ more months to stab the base in the back, I predict a solid majority of democrats in the senate, a razor thin R majority in the HOR, and a democrat president. The senate is gone. Thanks McTurtle.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.