Author Topic: Barebones  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
Barebones
« on: July 30, 2011, 05:27:18 AM »
Ive been looking around for fairly cheap mobo+cpu+memory barebones combos. Thought I'd ask to see if anyone else may have seen any links to any.
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Barebones
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
Haven't looked at anything recently, but Tiger Direct and Newegg both sell combo kits.  I picked up a decent little computer kit from TD last year for $200.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
TD has a decent quad core AMD  barebones system for $200. The only thing I'm not quite happy with was the motherboard. I THINK it was a Zotac.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:27:29 PM »
TD has a decent quad core AMD  barebones system for $200. The only thing I'm not quite happy with was the motherboard. I THINK it was a Zotac.

That was one of the ones I bought... I think the mobo was made by Biostar.  I had some driver issues at first but got everything working.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »
Thanks guys. Found some other cheap ones at Priceline ...

http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/motherboard_combos_with_memory/athlon_64_3000_mem
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 08:58:09 AM »
Thanks guys. Found some other cheap ones at Priceline ...

http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/motherboard_combos_with_memory/athlon_64_3000_mem

Forgot about Pricewatch.... one can find some really thrifty deals there.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcrow

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »
Geeks.com
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures. - Daniel Webster

The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.  - Benjamin Franklin