Author Topic: Riots 101 . . .  (Read 10553 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Riots 101 . . .
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
There's more than a few places where riots are not infrequent, even common.  Selco is a Serbian expat who has a survival site/course, and he shares a few thoughts.

Widespread riots now in my country. My thoughts on riots.

Posted by SELCO on FEBRUARY 7, 2014 in Violence    | 10 comments

Like I said before, situation can change from good to bad quickly. Especially when people are tired of whats going on. In my country 40% of people have no jobs, widespread corruption, prices are expensive for almost everything. There are now riots in several cities in my region here, spreading all over the country.

I have been in riots before, and also been in riots that lead into the full scale war we had, so there are few things that I want to explain you about riots:

Psychology of riots

Yes, riots have their own psychology, and it is not all about big number of the people as they say, because it is about HOW FAR that group of the people will go (is ready to go).

So you may have some celebration of sport club victory that go wrong and ends with few turned over cars burning, yelling at police and girls showing tits, I am not talking about that kind of riot.

In real riot you must be ready to understand that you do not have friends there in terms of sides, for example if you are there with protesters that do not mean that police is your enemy and other protesters are your friends.

The rest of the article is here:  http://shtfschool.com/violence/my-thoughts-on-riots/

There's a couple of things that might not be apparent . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: Riots 101 . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
Read it, what did you get from it. Basically I got; riots are just stealing in mass and there are no friends in a riot.

Did you read the one on decision making/adapting.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
I tried to get to the address provided with no luck.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
Read it, what did you get from it. Basically I got; riots are just stealing in mass and there are no friends in a riot.

Did you read the one on decision making/adapting.

Yeah, it was basically, "Riots aren't fun; don't think they are, and try not to get hurt in one."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.