The Bar > Sports

No NCAA Love???

(1/2) > >>

lastparker:
No BCS trash talking?  Hmph.  This is one of the only times every year I even enter the Sports forums, and NADA.

OK,  listen up!  I have a know-it-all husband (actually, he does know a lot and isn't generally too snotty about it) and I have to compete against him in a Bowl pool and an NCAA Final Four pool.

So....I'll be needing some help, come March.  I will be begging for help.  Pull yourselves together.

Must. Beat. Him.

ReardenSteel:
I've been doing the March Madness thing for years and likely will set up some kind of tournament here. (if I'm not beaten to it)

I will have plenty of free advise to give by the end of the conference tournaments, just before the big show starts. (I've only seen a few games and will see just a couple more till football season is over)

My best advise however, is to take carefull note of my thoughts and predictions and then avoid them like the plague.  :thatsright: :thatsright: :-)

Wishing you an early good luck though.

newshutr:
My wife is a Tarheel, so I gotta say, Go TARHEELS!!!

Oh, and Go Buckeyes..

Not really a Buckeyes fan, but I'd like to see some of these SEC guys just shut it... :-)

lastparker:

--- Quote from: newshutr on January 03, 2008, 05:26:22 PM ---My wife is a Tarheel, so I gotta say, Go TARHEELS!!!

Oh, and Go Buckeyes..

Not really a Buckeyes fan, but I'd like to see some of these SEC guys just shut it... :-)

--- End quote ---

So much in one little post, all having to do with my doofus husband.

1.  He wouldn't let me name our daughter Caroline because he hates UNC.
2.  He, too, says "Go Buckeyes" because his bro went there, and he has to root for "family" teams (unless they're not HIS family, leading to a massive argument over the WVU game, but I digress).
3.  Except for this year.... he's not an SEC fan (ACC), but he'd really like to see some of these Buckeye fans shut it.   :-)

jendf:

--- Quote from: ReardenSteel on January 03, 2008, 04:32:24 PM ---I've been doing the March Madness thing for years and likely will set up some kind of tournament here. (if I'm not beaten to it)
--- End quote ---

We definitely have to have a CC Pick-em tournaments. I always have a good time with those. Even though I stink at it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version