Current Events > The DUmpster

Let' s not forget what was going on the world when Reagan "took" the Presidency

(1/4) > >>

Freeper:

--- Quote ---Horse with no Name  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jan-17-08 12:24 AM
Original message
Let' s not forget what was going on the world when Reagan "took" the Presidency

We had just come off of a Carter presidency who tried to wean us off of foreign oil, who tried to get us to conserve, who initiated CAFE standards for automakers. He encouraged people to turn back their thermostats, wear sweaters, and CONSERVE our precious energy and resources. He encouraged us to be good stewards and leave the world better for others. We are all in this together.
Along came Reagan. Undid all of the good things that Carter did. Conservation out the window. Encouraged us to consume as much whenever and wherever we wanted. Use all the oil you can! Drive the biggest car you can! Consume Consume Consume! rang out through the land. Our country turned from shared sacrifice to ME ME ME ME!
I'd like for some stupid ****er to come along and say NOW who was right and who was wrong? *******ed this pisses me off.
--- End quote ---

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4091214

Mr Mannn:
Yep. Republicans never win, we just take things.
--seriously, if this were true, why would democrats ever win? We would rule forever!
And I would have a snazzy job as a guard at a Liberal Re-education Camp.

ReardenSteel:
Damn American's for choosing freedom, prosperity and security over "shared sacrifice". What were we thinking?  ::)

Carl:
For all those that weren`t alive or very old during the Carter administration it was one of the darkest times this country has seen in its history.

The dems had destroyed our sense of national pride by losing Vietnam,the USSR was on the move around the world,inflation at double digits,interest rates over 20% unemployment double that of now and a President who was resigned that Americas best days were behind it.

Due to his ineptness Islamofacisim took hold which is his real legacy.
It matters not what DUmmies think of him,history has placed him in the bottom group of Presidents and he will never be removed from that position.

DumbAss Tanker:
Even though Carter's actual reason for taking that stance was not his Holy Greenness, but the fact that he had so totally FUBARed our foreign relations with oil-producing states with which we had formerly been on good terms that he had no real choice but to make a virtue of a necessity, even if the necessity was created entirely by his own fundamental incompetence....   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version