Author Topic: Gov Patterson in hospital with migraine. Is this curious?  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Lauri

Gov Patterson in hospital with migraine. Is this curious?
« on: May 20, 2008, 01:45:45 PM »
Senator Kennedy goes down one day and Patterson not too soon after? Is this the VRWC that Hilary is employing to help her win the election? She's able to take out one of Obama's mentors, and put a GOPer into the seat while Patterson undergoes treatment.

She is brilliant!

GOV. PATERSON IN HOSPITAL WITH MIGRAINE
DIAGNOSED WITH ACUTE GLAUCOMA
ASSOCIATED PRESS
 Gov. David Paterson
May 20, 2008 --

New York Gov. David Paterson has been diagnosed with acute glaucoma in his left eye and is undergoing an outpatient laser procedure.

Paterson's office said in a statement that the procedure "will not have any long-term impact on the governor's overall health.

It says Paterson will remain conscious during the procedure. But "in an abundance of caution, the Senate majority leader and the Assembly speaker were advised.

Paterson admitted himself to Manhattan's Mount Sinai Medical Center earlier today after experiencing "migraine-like symptoms.

The hospital referred all comment on Paterson's condition to the governor's office, which had no immediate update.

Paterson, who turned 54 Tuesday, was sworn in as governor on March 17, days after former Democratic Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigned amid a prostitution scandal.

Paterson, the former state Senate minority leader, had served as Spitzer's lieutenant governor for 14 months.

When he succeeded Spitzer, New York was left without a second in command; voters won't pick a new lieutenant governor until the next gubernatorial election in 2010.

Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno, a Republican, is next in line of succession and would be acting governor if Paterson were out of state, or became incapacitated or died.

Bruno said he learned the governor was in the hospital around 6 a.m. Tuesday.

He noted that Paterson had recently put him in charge of the executive branch when the governor was in Washington for meetings, and greeted him on the phone with, "Hi, governor." The two men are friends.

Doug Muzzio, a politics professor at Baruch College, said it would be a "mess" if something happened to Paterson and he were no longer able to serve as governor.

"An unelected new governor of a different party right after we had an unelected governor from the same party, I think it would be traumatic for New York ... it could lead to a political and policy quagmire," Muzzio said.

Paterson's health has been a concern in recent years, with at least two other hospitalizations.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Gov Patterson in hospital with migraine. Is this curious?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
That's the optic outcome when you've been looking for love in all the wrong places.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:33:14 PM »
i wont be surprised if Obama suddenly gets some pain somewhere... its been an odd week so far.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »
can't wait for the DUmp to jump on the fact that the next guy in line is a Repub!

I'm not surprised by his illness given his status as legally blind. I bet it's related to whatever took his sight.

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:56:33 PM »
can't wait for the DUmp to jump on the fact that the next guy in line is a Repub!

I'm not surprised by his illness given his status as legally blind. I bet it's related to whatever took his sight.

Dix, he lost his sight courtesy of a disease at the age of one.  I tend to think that these things wouldn't wait fifty-two years or so to manifest themselves.  But, as much as it pains me to say this, he's better than Spitzer or Cuomo.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »

Dix, he lost his sight courtesy of a disease at the age of one.  I tend to think that these things wouldn't wait fifty-two years or so to manifest themselves.  But, as much as it pains me to say this, he's better than Spitzer or Cuomo.
True. I just drew a natural conclusion. Glaucoma at 54 and in someone with a known eye problem.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
well, youre no fun. i keep trying to stir the pot and you keep being all factual and logical.  :lmao: