Author Topic: Bush says Saudi oil boost doesn't solve US problem  (Read 5461 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: Bush says Saudi oil boost doesn't solve US problem
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 10:00:14 AM »
It could be that Bush went there to ask this question; if we bomb Iran, will you open the spickets up to cover the shortfall and calm world markets.

yes,  while you are bombing them...

then, after you takeout yet ANOTHER COMPETITOR for us, we will crank prices up to new heights !!

look, you guys keep talking about capitalism, yet you keep supporting policies that   reduce supply ...like bombing Iran  ....

look whats happened since we tookout Iraq..

can you illuminate me on this? did our war in iraq cause iraq's oil to be lost along the way? i know we arent getting iraqi oil - but who did?

eurotrash....

and, its not just about 'getting the oil', its about the stability of the entire market & amount of competition available...

by eliminating saddam, we've eliminated 'pepsi', leaving 'coke' & mountain dew to run wild ....

and once the prices starting soaring, speculators just keep saying they're gonna keep going up, therefore investors keep buying, therefore driving the price up ...

but its gonna crash, because  the majority of the gains this past year, is NOT based on true supply & demand, but wall street shennanigans instead...

oil stocks are a bubble that will burst, just like Banking, Dot Coms &  Housing have...

sell while they are up if you got them....because they're gonna crash one day when you least expect it... (& then some fatpukes behindthe curtains will be shortselling the day before & poof, all your middle class american oil stocks will be theirs)

OPEC pricing has nothing to do with competition, and every to do with supply, demand and how many gallons of oil OPEC producing Nations pump out everyday.   Iraq's oil was controlled by the UN (oil-for-scam program).  They were not configured into OPEC daily pricing.  The only way their production affected pricing was in the demand portion of the equation.   

Makes no difference who we get the majority of our oil from -- the price is reflective of OPEC as a whole.

This is about greed -- OPEC's greed.   They aren't sticking to us more than they are sticking it in their pockets.    What are you going to do?   If if they start drilling here how long will it take to produce oil?   We are screwed for a while, unless we hurt them somehow.   

If someone has a better idea to provide immediate relief I would love to hear it.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 10:03:13 AM »
forgive me for I only read the headline, and the question popped into my mind "Then why did you ask them to boost production President Bush?"

His comments were that Saudi's minimal increase is not enough,  not that it isn't needed at all.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
If someone has a better idea to provide immediate relief I would love to hear it.

Certainly not a "capitalist" idea, but elimination of "margin trading" in oil futures would have a substantial effect, IMHO....make the speculators cough up the whole contract in up-front cash if they want to buy the market up......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 12:08:37 PM »
japan was squeezed like this in the 1930's & it started WWII....

Is there ANYTHING that's happened in the last 100 years or so that you can't blame America for?

Japan was running loose in Asia LONG before we put any oil embargo on them.

They were brutalizing the Chinese and enslaving Korean women into prostitution LONG before they showed up on FDR's radar.

But I guess THAT is our fault in your twisted mind too huh?
 :whatever:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
japan was squeezed like this in the 1930's & it started WWII....

Is there ANYTHING that's happened in the last 100 years or so that you can't blame America for?

Japan was running loose in Asia LONG before we put any oil embargo on them.

They were brutalizing the Chinese and enslaving Korean women into prostitution LONG before they showed up on FDR's radar.

But I guess THAT is our fault in your twisted mind too huh?
 :whatever:

Do you expect any less of someone that's called the US military Mercenaries?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"