Current Events > The DUmpster

Need a vote here!1 Neighbor problem!1 Am I overreacting?!1

(1/5) > >>

Lauri:
UTUSN  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Jan-13-08 10:58 PM
Original message
Need a vote here!1 Neighbor problem!1 Am I overreacting?!1

O.K., I've lived here in this neighborhood 15+ yrs. It's a quiet street. Next-door, on both sides, there have been renters moving in and out, problems.

So all that is over. NOW, neighbors are NOT renting, are buying and have lived there most of one year without any problems, no loudness, no parties, no PARKING PROBLEMS (my biggest peeve) in front of my house.

So last night it happened. Vehicles up the ya-ya-nanu-nanu all up and down the street, AND in front of my house. However, only for less than an hour (the parking in front of my house) AND there was NO noise from the party.

However, this morning there were (only) TWO pieces of trash in front of my house ---- a plastic cup and a Frito bag.

However, it's like a SLAP --------like, "I not only disrespect you by PARKING, but will also throw TRASH in front of your immaculately manicured a-hole CRAP!1"

O.K., so I need your advice. Am I overreacting? Should I send a picture (yip, I took it) saying, "WHAT A LACK OF RESPECT"?!1

Or, should I wait for two or THREE strikes?! I really value imput. Thanks.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7349735

Shakespeare  Mon Jan-14-08 12:01 AM
Response to Reply #13
19. OMG. You took a picture? Of two little pieces of trash?

I have no words.

But I do feel sorry for your neighbors.

:popcorn:

Lauri:
puerco-bellies  Mon Jan-14-08 06:14 AM
Response to Original message
25. Oh please,..

You could be living next door to me!!! Our neighborhood is pretty well gentrified and we have one of the worst houses on the block. Our neighbors have paid close to a million dollars for their homes and have to live next to our crapshack. We have a drought proof yard with natural grasses and other drought resistant crap. I can't get the kids to do the work consistently and I'm not to diligent at keeping it up too.

Our house has gone from a gardening problem to a Negligent Wildlife Management situation, I got faced down by a raccoon last night while in my driveway.

Your lucky!!!

well... that sounds just lovely ..

Lauri:
Ikonoklast  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-14-08 10:05 AM
34. I'm trying to figure out if this is performance art, or reality

If it's reality, it is skeeving me out. No one can be wound that tight about such petty nonsense.

As performance art, you need to use MORE CAPS to convey strong emotion, and increase the use of exclamation points!!!!!11!!1!!1!!

its funny... almost all of them in this long thread tell the OP to get over it..   am i at the right DU?  :yawn:

Odin's Hand:
You want the "best solution", UTUSN? Just go on a rabid tirade at the next homeowners' association meeting. Study MoPaul/Philosoraptor's posts a bit for some inspiration.

Lauri:
UTUSN  Mon Jan-14-08 03:04 PM
47. Summary: I accepted the consensus back in post #13 & am surprised the thread survives.

Edited on Mon Jan-14-08 03:11 PM by UTUSN
Questions continued to pop up, whose answers were already stated.

Yes, they blocked my front entrance but it was at night when I wouldn't be using it and my vehicle is in the back via the alley, into the garage.

While I myself brought up the "overreacting" part and accepted the vast consensus that I *was* (or actually, would be if I went any further than I did), the context is that this situation is new to THESE NEIGHBORS, but not to me, who have hassled with a slew of renters before these (buyers)---including some who had HUGH parties EVERY Saturday night, outside with loud music, and guests who urinated out in the street, also in front of my house.

No, I will not discard the pic of the Frito bag, and it's not so ridiculous as it seems. Later on, if serious problems evolve, I will have documentation of EVERY escalation.

Yes, it is a public street, and I fully realize that parking is totally permissible. When I first researched the possibilities years ago a cop said this parking can continue up to 48 hours and then the vehicle needs to drive around the block and can re-park for another 48 hours. AND that I can't DEMAND, but can ASK that they not park there. Yeah-right, like the likelihood of a polite response is high---NOT!1

Talking to the neighbors is not an option---by THEIR choice. The first thing they did was to put up a wooden privacy fence at their alley, although not between our two properties, where there is a chain-link fence. They seldom are outside. They do not clean or cut the grass in the alley outside of their wooden fence. Their yard in the back is littered with cardboard boxes of their various purchases. They pay a yardman, who doesn't come very often. They don't pick up the free- Bargain newspapers on their own front yard.

Believe me, two pieces of litter is nothing to me. I even sweep the edge of my curb, and cut the grass and pick up the more extensive trash in the alley, not only my section, but the two lots east of mine.

The whole issue for me was respect. The people who parked went out of their way to show contempt by dumping their two pieces of litter, one of them on top of an asparagus-fern plant.

Also, since beginning the research on the extent of our rights, I found out that I am required to tend the strip of ground outside my fence, am required by the post office to keep my mail box out there for the mail truck to drive by, and I paid for the walkway including the part outside of my fence-------but I have NO say-so as to what people do out there.

To those who replied politely to this discussion, thank you. To the rest, well, I never fail to be surprised and taken aback by rudeness and ugliness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version