Author Topic: Ron's Leaving His Wife -- For His Cars  (Read 744 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Ron's Leaving His Wife -- For His Cars
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
Dear Tom and Ray:

I collect cars from companies that have gone out of business. So far, I have a 1950 Studebaker, a 1950 Hudson, a 1950 Packard, a 1960 Desoto and a 1960 Edsel. My wife says, "Get rid of them, or I will get rid of you." What should I do? I love these cars more than my wife, and I am willing to move out and find a five-car garage somewhere and just sleep on a cot with the cars. Please advise.

-- Ron
Car Talk

We all have to have priorities in life. :lmao:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Ron's Leaving His Wife -- For His Cars
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »
He can't be a DUmb**** because having five cars, all collectables (arguably), implies some sort of success in life.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 1964 Rambler or this beautiful 1956 Packard Patrician.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
Especially if they're in a community property state, he'll still end up losing the cars even if she does leave him.

On edit - still might be well worth it in the long run...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 1964 Rambler or this beautiful 1956 Packard Patrician.

My first car was a '63 Rambler 770 4 door that looked just like this one:

I bought it from a little old woman (like no one could see that coming) who had died.  The car was garage kept, had 35k miles on it, cherry condition, and became mine for $350.  That was 1985, where has the time gone....
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840