Author Topic: Intro  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Dongus

• Probationary (Probie)
Intro
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
I'm here by way of DUmmie FUnnies.  Right now, I'm restoring a 100 year old house.  If I can find the "craftsman" that decided to put the 15th layer of wallpaper on the walls, I will dig him up and pee on him. 

I don't really have much more to say.  I'm 35.  I'm very worried about the future.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »
Welcome to the Cave, Dongus!!
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »
Hi and welcome to CC.  I am Jessica. 

Our household is also worried about the future.  Good luck with your 100 year old home project.  If you care to, show some before and after pictures (as you finish the projects) in the Around The Home forum.  I'd love to see some if you wish to share.  :)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:33:17 PM »
Welcome to our happy little corner of the internet, dood.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline TexasCop

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:02:30 AM »
Dongus is a funny name.  What does it mean to you?   :lmao:

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
Welcome!   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:06:44 AM »
Dongus is a funny name.  What does it mean to you?   :lmao:

I don't know what it means to him, but urban dictionary has a definition at the link:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dongus
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »
Welcome, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »
Welcome, Dongus.  I've seen a couple of your posts, and they were good ones. 

My house was built in 1824, in War of 1812 Country.  It's built like a fortress.  I, too, would like to dig up a grave and pee on whoever thought those ugly ceilings were a good idea. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »
Welcome!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »
I'm here by way of DUmmie FUnnies.  Right now, I'm restoring a 100 year old house.  If I can find the "craftsman" that decided to put the 15th layer of wallpaper on the walls, I will dig him up and pee on him. 

I don't really have much more to say.  I'm 35.  I'm very worried about the future.

Welcome!  I, too, have a 100 yr old house that has been in the process of restoration for the 20 years we've lived there.  My biggest thing was removing all the 70s vintage crap that was there when we bought it -- paneling, drop ceilings, hideous shag rugs, etc.  And then it was the electrical system, the plumbing, the roof, the windows, the well, the furnace, and on and on . . . after 20 years, I think we might be getting somewhere!  :-)

Fun people here -- enjoy!
Sue

Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:49 AM »
Welcome :)
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.