Current Events > Breaking News

Report: Los Angeles Grand Jury Probes Missouri Girl's Internet Suicide

(1/3) > >>

Ptarmigan:
Report: Los Angeles Grand Jury Probes Missouri Girl's Internet Suicide
FOX News
Wednesday, January 09, 2008

LOS ANGELES —  A federal grand jury has issued a subpoena to MySpace.com in a probe stemming from the suicide of a Missouri teenager who received cruel messages on the networking site that turned out to be a hoax, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

Federal prosecutors are considering charging a mother in the girl's neighborhood with defrauding MySpace by creating a false account that she, her daughter and a teenage employee used to fool 13-year-old Megan Meier into believing she was communicating with a 16-year-old boy, the Los Angeles Times said on its Web site, citing unidentified sources.

It said its sources insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the case.

Full Article

==========================================================

I guess some people just don’t learn that shunning will happen. Stigmas are permanent and don’t remove. They stay forever. Lori Drew and Ashley Grills didn’t get it after what has happened to OJ Simpson, David Cash, and John Walker Lindh, who are really reviled and hated, besides Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and 9/11 hijackers. They are in a deep hole of shame. No PR is going to help them. In some cases, repairing a repuatation will do more damage.

TheSarge:
I'm assuming that LA is looking into this because that's where myspace is headquartered at?

Ptarmigan:

--- Quote from: TheSarge on January 09, 2008, 08:06:26 PM ---I'm assuming that LA is looking into this because that's where myspace is headquartered at?

--- End quote ---

Beverly Hills to be exact. It's a federal affair now.

jtyangel:
Good. I'll be looking for updates on this.

Chris_:

--- Quote from: jtyangel on January 09, 2008, 09:16:53 PM ---Good. I'll be looking for updates on this.

--- End quote ---

Me too.  I'd like some justice for the poor girl and her family, and it looks like they could get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version