Author Topic: What would your dream America look like  (Read 8560 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: What would your dream America look like
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Put all DUmmies in concentration camps.

Sorry, I cheated.  :evillaugh:

Their bestest President ever.

On February 19th 1942 Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066. Under the terms of the Order, some 120,000 people of Japanese descent living in the US were removed from their homes and placed in internment camps.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 11:18:40 PM »
On February 19th 1942 Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066. Under the terms of the Order, some 120,000 people of Japanese descent living in the US were removed from their homes and placed in internment camps.

Don't even get me started on this...... :banghead:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »
Ya see.....ya'll bring these crazy posts over here then think *I* am an ASS for posting this butt, these DUmb****s should be KILLED for their blatant idiocy which clearly PROVES bombing these ****s into oblivion is the ONLY viable recourse to maintain this nation's security.

**** me, **** them, **** you!!!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 01:51:54 AM »
Their love of "co-ops" comes from the misguided notion that they can turn up to work when they want and do what they want while still benefiting from the labor of all the other members as if they contributed an equal share.

They glorify a subsistence type lifestyle without having the first clue about what it entails.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 06:19:22 AM »
Don't even get me started on this...... :banghead:

I don't agree with it. It was to illustrait that democrats do everything that the DUmmy's accuse Conservatives of doing.

Roosevelt was a punk.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Karin

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 07:46:27 AM »
Their love of "co-ops" comes from the misguided notion that they can turn up to work when they want and do what they want while still benefiting from the labor of all the other members as if they contributed an equal share.

They glorify a subsistence type lifestyle without having the first clue about what it entails.

This brought to mind a mental image--filthy hippies, high all the time.  "I'm not much one for manual labor, but I can entertain the others on my guitar."  "I don't dig in Mother Earth, man.  Poetry's my bag."  "My special skill is artistry.  I can do some paintings to hang on the cabin wall."  "Man, we're workin too hard.  Time for a break.  Fire one up."

One of the more execrable, scumbag, perennially poor parasites over at DU disclosed that his parents were commune hippies, also dirt poor.  So were Courtney Love's parents. 

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 08:01:38 AM »

One of the more execrable, scumbag, perennially poor parasites over at DU disclosed that his parents were commune hippies, also dirt poor.  So were Courtney Love's parents. 

It's a crying shame that she didn't contribute in a similarly positive way to music as what her husband did.  :-)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 08:12:28 AM »
This brought to mind a mental image--filthy hippies, high all the time.  "I'm not much one for manual labor, but I can entertain the others on my guitar."  "I don't dig in Mother Earth, man.  Poetry's my bag."  "My special skill is artistry.  I can do some paintings to hang on the cabin wall."  "Man, we're workin too hard.  Time for a break.  Fire one up."

Exactly,the old beatnik (sp) from the 60s.
Never do they suggest any productive activity for themselves and it is easy to read between the lines that they consider their contribution to be "enlightened" poetry,art or music.
Needless to say they create none of the above either.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 09:37:26 AM »
It's a crying shame that she didn't contribute in a similarly positive way to music as what her husband did.  :-)

If you remember, a few weeks before he offed himself, they BOTH went into the hospital for drug overdoses.  The common sentiment among the music fans I associated with was, "Oh, shit, I hope he doesn't die.  I'd HATE to have that asshole as a martyr and some sort of generational symbol."

A few weeks later, that's exactly what happened.

Then again, a couple of years later, there was a survey/countdown in (I think) Blender magazine of the 100 people who ruined rock music.  Courtney Love was number 1, and all it said was, "Need we say more?"
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
If you remember, a few weeks before he offed himself, they BOTH went into the hospital for drug overdoses.  The common sentiment among the music fans I associated with was, "Oh, shit, I hope he doesn't die.  I'd HATE to have that asshole as a martyr and some sort of generational symbol."

A few weeks later, that's exactly what happened.

Then again, a couple of years later, there was a survey/countdown in (I think) Blender magazine of the 100 people who ruined rock music.  Courtney Love was number 1, and all it said was, "Need we say more?"

Seconded. I HATE when they call him "the voice of a generation."
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 11:39:06 AM »

It would be comical if it weren't true...

PELOSI:  "Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance, or that people could start a business and be entrepreneurial and take risk but not be job-locked because a child has asthma or someone in the family is bipolar. You name it. Any condition is job-blocking."

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:17 PM »
doc03  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-09-10 02:08 PM
Response to Original message
10. My dream for America would be the last 10 years were
were just a dream. When the SCOTUS appointed GWB President it was just about the worst thing ever in the history of the US. When Clinton left office we had a budget surplus, a good economy and no wars. The dim son of GHWB managed to totally reverse the direction of this country in 8 years. Now we have red ink as far as we can see, 9.9% unemployment, two senseless wars and an environmental disaster of epic proportions in the making. All of them can be placed squarely on GWB. I just can't comprehend how on earth Democrats could possibly lose any seats in Congress after the mess GWB and the Republicans has left us. I wish we were like Bobby Ewing when he woke up and the previous season was all just a bad dream.

WOW! where to even start with this 1.

SCOTUS didn't hand GWB the election, and the left constantly fails to recognize that Bush won Florida, the NY Times was down there how many months afterwards? if Gore won the NY Times would never of slinked away.

As far as the Clinton myth of a budget surplus

From the US Treasury website via craignsteiner.us

Fiscal    Year                 National Debt               Deficit
Year      Ending

FY1993    09/30/1993    $4.411488 trillion   
FY1994    09/30/1994    $4.692749 trillion    $281.26 billion
FY1995    09/29/1995    $4.973982 trillion    $281.23 billion
FY1996    09/30/1996    $5.224810 trillion    $250.83 billion
FY1997    09/30/1997    $5.413146 trillion    $188.34 billion
FY1998    09/30/1998    $5.526193 trillion    $113.05 billion
FY1999    09/30/1999    $5.656270 trillion    $130.08 billion
FY2000    09/29/2000    $5.674178 trillion    $17.91 billion
FY2001    09/28/2001    $5.807463 trillion    $133.29 billion

Unemployment started to rise when the Democrats took over Congress, in reference to the "senseless wars" let me see, Al Queda was at war with us for what? 8 years? the left conveniently forgets WTC 1, Khobar Towers, Somalia, the African Embassy bombings, USS Cole, and not confronting any of this led to 9/11, and Katrina IMO was the fault of the New Orleans Mayor and the Governor of the State, and as far as the last comment:

I just can't comprehend how on earth Democrats could possibly lose any seats in Congress after the mess GWB and the Republicans has left us. I wish we were like Bobby Ewing when he woke up and the previous season was all just a bad dream.

Let me re-state it:

I just can't comprehend how on earth Democrtas could possibly win any seats in Congress after the mess Obama and the Democrats have caused. I wish we were like Bobby Ewing when he woke up and the previous election was just a bad dream.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »
A place where all the DUmmies would line up and I could punch them in the face.

What a bunch of COMPLETE assholes.   :bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »
Seconded. I HATE when they call him "the voice of a generation."

No shit.  Those psuedo intellectuals killed rock n roll.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »
No, he was a true believer of the Cecil Rhodes school of politics. Thought that the world should be ruled. Ruled by a peculiar form of absolute rule by elites in a committee. All for the well being of the "little people" donchaknow! Dangerous as they can be! Nothing worse than a mindless busybody with a gun!