Author Topic: fingernail biting  (Read 8655 times)

Offline Lord Undies

Re: fingernail biting
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »

You must have some really strong bones too!  :bow:

I've never had a broken bone.  You maybe onto something.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »
I've never had a broken bone.  You maybe onto something.

Knock on wood....other than all the ones from a car accident...neither have I...and I don't drink milk either.

I know both of the guys have had broken wrist/arms as children.  When son was 19.... he and a ladder fell straight down 16 feet when the ladder collapsed. The trauma doc at the ER was shocked that all he broke was his left ankle. One side of it was broken through the middle and the other side just above the ankle bone. He had Timberland boots on, and they kept the bones in place. He was in a non-walking cast for 8 weeks, a walking cast for another 6, then a boot for another 6...but he didn't need surgery. (Would have kept him out of the Army, but the Navy took him) The doctor said for his body to have taken that type of impact, he was amazed that he wasn't all broken from pelvis down....let alone that he didn't break his neck.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
I found nothing. I always miss everything.

OK, I will tell you FGL.  When we were going to Iowa for my brothers funeral we had to take two cars (between my parents and my family).  My parents were a head of us.  My Mom called to ask where we were.  I said I didn't have any idea where we were.  My Mom told me to look at the mile marker.  I asked her what a mile marker was.  My Mom burst out laughing.  She called my uncle (not the uncle that just died) who we were staying with and told him.  He always likes to make fun of me.  The new nick name he gave me was "mile marker".  Someone here (I can't remember who...I'm going to blame Chris) went in and changed my custom title to Mile Marker.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »
OK, I will tell you FGL.  When we were going to Iowa for my brothers funeral we had to take two cars (between my parents and my family).  My parents were a head of us.  My Mom called to ask where we were.  I said I didn't have any idea where we were.  My Mom told me to look at the mile marker.  I asked her what a mile marker was.  My Mom burst out laughing.  She called my uncle (not the uncle that just died) who we were staying with and told him.  He always likes to make fun of me.  The new nick name he gave me was "mile marker".  Someone here (I can't remember who...I'm going to blame Chris) went in and changed my custom title to Mile Marker.

What's fun is to read the bridge clearance markers that are on the side of the road about a half-mile before the bridge, then pretend to read the clearance sign hanging on the bridge from a half-mile away. 

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »

:rofl: It wasn't me... I think W.E. did it.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »
milk

I like a glass of ice-cold skim milk on a hot day.  Better than water.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »
Ever wonder why a Doctor will want to look at your hands.?

So much to be seen in the nails, vitamine deficiency, oxygen intake, dehydration, and toxic chemicals in the body.

The lines that go top to bottom, a small problem, if one has them going sideways then toxic tests are taken. 

I believe anyone ill should stay away from any paint on hands or feet. Interesting, I read a paper that told of drinkers offten got this hammer look to their nails.

Frank has brought up an interesting subject.  With all his cats he must notice the kneeding they do and sucking on whatever.     Perhaps the nail biting is a replacement in humans to the loss of the teat or bottle.   The Pacifier that most kids chomp on day and night, what use is it for.?   Every where we go there are children as old as 3 with this thing stuck in their mouth.   

Fun to think about all the out of the box Frank has set before us.  BTW---why is that thing called a pacifier ,?