Author Topic: Blast from the Past - "Top" DUmmies from 2005 to 2008  (Read 9145 times)

Offline Karin

Re: Blast from the Past - "Top" DUmmies from 2005 to 2008
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 03:54:24 PM »
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL   GOBUCKS!

Frank said:
Incidentally, I always enjoyed reading your analyses of struggling-to-be-creative writers on Skins's island.

Yes, I can't remember which primitive was trying to write a story, but it went something like this:  "Ken and Marge were a good progressive couple.....blah blah blah......going to Bob and Mary's dinner party.....who were also a good progressive couple...blah blah blah.." 

TLB let him have it in the gentlest way possible that this was lazy writing, and it sucked.  Figure out what the hell the story's about and tell the story.  It was encouraging, yet brutally honest.  It sucked.  And yes, I remember Peggy's poetry.  So bad.  Didn't she recite it at an open mic night somewhere?  God help us. 

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Re: Blast from the Past - "Top" DUmmies from 2005 to 2008
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »
Wow, that was a review!   I am NOT going to hunt it down, having enough of a taste of Vogon poetry from reading Douglas Adams.  But that was a review!
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!