Author Topic: LONESTARNUT/HUNGER WATCH  (Read 4681 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
LONESTARNUT/HUNGER WATCH
« on: January 20, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »
Okay, as soon as this has had some readers, and everybody know's what's up, I'm going to move the thread from the DUmpster here to the DUmping Ground.

The LONESTARNUT/HUNGER WATCH begins today, January 20, 2009.

The LONESTARNUT/HUNGER WATCH was inspired by this, in a thread about old people stealing groceries:

lonestarnot  (1000+ posts)      Fri Dec-26-08 08:59 AM
Response to Reply #3

6. There must be something we can do before Jan. 20th. How many will actually die between now and then as a result of desperation? 26 days.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,19888.0

Notice, please, that the lonestarnut primitive promises us that hunger in America will cease immediately upon inauguration of the 0bamareich; that there will be no more hunger in America for at least the next four years.

I have no idea why the lonestarnut primitive says stupid things like this, but there it is.

Of course there will be hunger in America--and all other places--during the 0bamareich, as there has been in all other times, all other places.  (The legitimate question is, how much?)

And I am confident the news media will report on the matter.

However, problem; unless it's something they agree with, the primitives don't trust the news media.

However, primitives do trust one another, after a fashion.

And so the LONESTARNUT/HUNGER WATCH is limited to reports of hunger, January 20, 2009 through January 19, 2013, from the primitives themselves, on Skins's island, no other sources.

If between now and then, someone spots a primitive whining about hunger, either please post the primitive comment (the whole thread isn't necessary) here, or alert me with the link, and I'll put it up.

And now, here's the good news: for every comment about hunger made by a primitive known to be a fat primitive, franksolich is going to donate $5 to conservativecave, up to the first 100 fat primitives.

Not just any primitive, but a primitive known to be a fat primitive.

The amount may seem modest, but one has to remember the lardage of primitives, and that there's circa 5,500 of them, probably about 67-75% of whom are overweight.  There's no sense in going bankrupt over this.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: LONESTARNUT/HUNGER WATCH
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:51:01 AM »
Hunger in America?  Nonsense.  If one is hungry in America* then one is too stupid to live.  Any idiot with a sob story can get $400.00 per month in Food Stamps.

There is no hunger in America.  Just laziness and stupidity.

*New York fashion models don't count.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »
\Notice, please, that the lonestarnut primitive promises us that hunger in America will cease immediately upon inauguration of the 0bamareich; that there will be no more hunger in America for at least the next four years.

I have no idea why the lonestarnut primitive says stupid things like this, but there it is.

Of course there will be hunger in America--and all other places--during the 0bamareich, as there has been in all other times, all other places.  (The legitimate question is, how much?)

Let me explain this to you.  If Big Brother O says there is no hunger, then there is no hunger, see? 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »
You know, Mrs. Smith, madam, I forgot to clarify the definition of "fat" when I first posted this.  There's different definitions for "fat" for men, and for "fat" for women.

The gigantic primitive, at his self-admitted 500 pounds, is a fat primitive.

Fat Che, now mausoleumed, would be a fat primitive if he was still on Skins's island.

Fat Che's little brother, the Fat Che's Little Brothert beer primitive, self-exiled from Skins's island, would be a fat primitive.

The late kleptomaniac primitive, the "Kephra" primitive, would be a fat primitive if he were still in this time and place.

There's no doubt any of these guys are, or were, fat, monstrously so.

Then it gets a little iffy--Lord Marblehead EarlG, for example; is he fat, or just portly?

The mike_c primitive, for another example; is he fat, or is he merely short and pot-bellied?

For males, I'll accept the definition of "fat" as being circa 50% above healthy body weight for one's size; a guy 6'2" and 200 pounds wouldn't be fat, but a guy 6'2" and 300 pounds would be fat.

If anyone finds a post complaining about hunger from a primitive, and posts it here, I'm willing to debate the criteria for "fat," and I'm sure we can come to an agreeable agreement.

Women are a different matter altogether.

It depends upon whether or not the female primitive has borne children.

If she has borne children, she gets a hefty discount.

There are some who insist, no, a woman can get back into "perfect" physical shape after pregnancy, if she cares about herself, but to me, that's demanding too much.  Sometimes mothers have to care about other people, before they can care about themselves.  It's a law of nature.

I'm not sure where the dividing line for "fat" is here.  I'm assuming that if a woman is 5'5" and weighs 170 pounds--but has borne children--well, I'm hesitant about calling her "fat."  Maybe if she weighs 210 pounds, yeah, sure.

The primitive woman bothered by cold weather, the "TroubleInWinter" primitive, has borne at least one child, but is the size of, uh, one of those Polynesian queens of yore, and even with the "discount," she's simply enormous.

For women who have not borne children, such as the subway cat, well, the subway cat is a fat primitive.

I have no idea if the racist babbling sister primitive, the "Babylon Sister" primitive, has borne children, but she's pretty big.  When sitting at the computer, her buttocks hang over and droop along the sides of her chair, and possibly there's an extra support post in the basement, to help prop up the floor where she sits.

The silly primitive, the "SoCalDem" primitive, has had three children and is hefty, but I think at best she'd merely be a borderline case when it comes to defining a female primitive as a fat primitive.  The "greenbriar" primitive has borne one child and most might think her fat, but with her discount, she's not fat.

There's another factor with women primitives too.  I suppose, strictly speaking, Grandma, the "hippywife" primitive, a mountainess of a woman, might be considered "fat" by some, but not by me.  Grandma is ancient and of an affectionate nature, which transcends her body size.  I've seen a self-posted photograph of Grandma, and if I didn't know who she was, I'd consider her fat, very fat.  But because I know she's Grandma, I don't consider her fat; I don't even see her massive size at all, only her warm and generous heart and pleasant smile.

As mentioned, when someone finds a primitive complaining of hunger, I'm always willing to discuss whether or not that particular primitive is fat.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »
Dear DU member,
If you are suffering and can not get enough to eat feel free to make plans to meet one of the fat members and then eat them. One easy way is to act as if you are in love with them and want to date them. That will motivate these desperate mountains of flesh and moles, enough buttering of the butt and its yours to roast.

cheers. BTW, make sure you save up for a nice bottle of wine first.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »
Dear DU member,
If you are suffering and can not get enough to eat feel free to make plans to meet one of the fat members and then eat them. One easy way is to act as if you are in love with them and want to date them. That will motivate these desperate mountains of flesh and moles, enough buttering of the butt and its yours to roast.

cheers. BTW, make sure you save up for a nice bottle of wine first.

I hear tell that Chianti goes well with DUmbass liver, if that's your kinda thing.

Well... that's what I heard!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 12:44:45 AM »
readmoreoften  (1000+ posts)  Sun Feb-01-09 01:04 AM
Original message
For anyone who is hungry or eating poorly, I have a secret to share.

Here is some advice for those who are hungry:

My partner and I don't have enough money to eat well and neither do our friends. But we have a little secret I'd like to share with you--on one condition--you have to share the food you find with others and also use good judgment. This works best if you live in a suburb or a small city. (Those in NYC and LA might want to ignore this advice.) I live in a city of about a million people.

Find the area-wide warehouse distribution center for any of the national upscale grocery stores in your region. (I'd rather not name names, but I think you can figure out which ones I'm talking about). There will be an area where trucks are loading massive amounts of new food into the warehouse. Because these stores cater to upscale clientele, they will throw out pallets of food if some items have superficial packaging imperfections (i.e. dented but intact hard plastic, etc.) Because sales are low, they are also throwing out food that is 'less new' but perfectly edible. For example: if new produce arrives, unsold produce will be discarded en masse, even if it will stay good for another 10 days.)

Over the past few months, we have found boxes of whole wheat pizzas, boxes filled with organic frozen dinners (we took about 6 boxes containing 200+ dinners, left the rest), bananas, about 300 pounds of soy nuts, enough baby organic spinach to feed hundreds of people, cookie dough, dips and sauces of all sorts (hundreds of containers), hundreds of boxes filled with organic yogurt, expensive sparking water, pounds of nuts, organic baby mixed greens, etc. We feed many families with what we find.

Here are some tips:

1) Go after 10pm and before 3am.
2) Don't go to STORES themselves, they tend to throw garbage on top of their dumpsters and may even throw poisons on top to keep animals away. You're only likely to find a few busted yogurts with paper and coffee grinds thrown on top of them. Only hit the distribution centers.
3) You will be more successful at high-end stores with a picky clientele. At the regular store they can sell foods in dented packages at a discount. They won't do that at stores that have the aura of health and purity.
4) Use good judgment when dealing with unpackaged and unboxed food. Most of what I find is double and triple boxed food (food in plastic, in a box, in a larger box, inside a huge box all still sealed).
5) Use good judgment in dealing with expired foods. If it is straight out of deep freeze, we've found the "best if used by" dates to be pretty irrelevant. My entire community of friends has eaten on frozen food even 2 months past the "best if used by" date. If the crates of food are still hard-frozen, you're very likely to be AOK. Open one item and do a smell test. Throw away anything that doesn't pass your muster. Use common sense.
6) Always read up on massive recalls of a type of food. If the gov't is saying some tomatoes have salmonella, you might want to think twice about tomatoes.
7) Be careful with children, the elderly, and the immuno-compromised. Have the healthy people eat first as a precaution.
8) Wear comfortable shoes, protective clothing and bring a flashlight.
9) Be aware that your attempt to feed yourself may be trespassing or even illegal. Or it may not be a big deal. Our theory is that upscale 'holistic' stores are less likely to be brutal to foragers because it wouldn't be good advertising to refuse poor people your garbage (or advertise how much they waste.)
10) I'm personally most suspicious of dairy items. Toss anything that doesn't taste PERFECT. But don't worry, you'll find a hell of a lot of perfect tasting food.
11. Share.

If you're germ-o-phobic think of it this way: people touch your prepared foods at restaurants all the time.

Good luck. Please kick this if you think it will help someone.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4954671

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 01:25:07 AM »
this sounds like theft

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 04:23:23 AM »
this sounds like theft

I understand that dumpster divers like this wait until the item is in the dumpster before making a move on it. This way , somehow it isn't illegal. Or So I am told.

It is a good way to catch a few nasty bugs : feeding on damaged canned and preserved goods.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »
Oh my.

And that was a whole ten days after installation of the 0bamareich, long after the lonestarnut primitive had assured us hunger would end in America.
apres moi, le deluge

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 11:59:02 PM »
I understand that dumpster divers like this wait until the item is in the dumpster before making a move on it. This way , somehow it isn't illegal. Or So I am told.

It is a good way to catch a few nasty bugs : feeding on damaged canned and preserved goods.

There are stores that sell those and also expired foods..... really... I heard it from someone  :naughty:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 07:19:23 AM »
No money to eat properly...yet they have money for internet and a computer to brag about their theft.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 07:49:54 AM »
Difference between normal people and the DUmmies.....

There's a man in my area who has built up a business by purchasing food which is still good but not desired for shelf display (dents in the cans, etc...) from the warehouse distribution centers and selling it at a tremendous discount.  He even has it set up for donations for those who are poor to receive certain essential foods and cooking items for free.  Guy started with one store about 15 years ago and now he has around 7 within a 50 mile radius.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.