Author Topic: Lego primitive being anti-anti-south  (Read 667 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Lego primitive being anti-anti-south
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:19:43 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4706636

I can't figure out why the primitives Hate southerners.

Admittedly, I've never been in the Deep South, other than a day and a half spent in Louisville, Kentucky, but I've met and known a great many southerners; great people, decent and civilized people, the salt of the earth.

lelgt60  (346 posts)      Tue Dec-23-08 10:26 AM
Original message

An unofficial **** the South thread

OK. I've had it and you're all going to suffer the incompetent writing of an engineer.

The headline reads: "Police to get training after head-scarf wearer's arrest". And what is their response? Well, as I read it, pretty damn good. The police department and judiciary of a small town in the south, DOUGLASVILLE, Georgia, do something very bad, and then...of all nasty things...apologize for it, and proceed to take ACTION to try and make sure "it never happens again". And what is the response from a DU poster?

"Good old fashioned southern stupidity".

As I responded, we all know this would never happen in the North, that incredible place where people are all enlightened and never do bad things to others. Just by living in the North, we know you're not racist, homophobic, anti-union, or pro war. And we certainly know those things about anyone living in California. Nope, no homophobes in California. Or, Republicans.

Of course, this is one of the milder comments I've seen directed against all residents of the southern US in the past few months. And, like we all want to happen, the posts of DUer's have changed my mind.

I've come to realize that the South and all residents therein are the epitome of evil. I have no sympathy for any of them. They clearly must all agree with the nasty and pervasive racism, homophobia, sexism, and chemical farming. They all hate unions and love the war in Iraq. And lets not even talk about NASCAR. Shit, what an evil thing. Not at all like the enlightened professional sports admired by so many people in the North.

If they all didn't approve of these things, they would have left. Nope, they're all evil, or complicit in evil doings. Every last one. They deserve whatever epithets we yell at them. And worse. We must all BOYCOTT THE SOUTH!!!!

Including, in the "deep" south:

1.8 million people in Georgia who voted for Obama
800,000 in Alabama who voted for Obama
4.1 million in Florida who voted for Obama
500,000 in Mississippi who voted for Obama
2.1 million in North Carolina (not really "deep") who voted for Obama
800,000 in South Carolina who voted for Obama

and, of course, the "honorary" southern state of Utah, where 300,000 people voted for Obama.

Yup, **** every one of them.

NeedleCast  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-23-08 10:30 AM
Response to Original messag

2. Recommended

As a person who has traveled extensively throughout the country for many years, the two places I've been where I've seen the most overt, unapologetic racism have been rural Ohio and Pennsylvania. To pretend the southern states have any kind of monopoly on racism, conservatism, etc is to wear the most rose colored glasses.

Winterblues  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-23-08 11:24 AM
Response to Reply #2

31. Let me know when you see statues of Bedford Forest and Jefferson Davis in Ohio or Pennsylvania. As long as the people that live there tolerate and actually encourage glorifying the South's Treason to America which was almost entirely based upon keeping blacks in slavery and then second class citizens where giving a black an education was a criminal offense.. As long as that glorification continues the South will be denigrated..

OwnedByFerrets  (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-23-08 10:35 AM
Response to Original message

4. And that great bastian of liberalism and tolerance "California" never does anything wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/22/lesbians-gang-...

SAN FRANCISCO — A woman in the San Francisco Bay area was jumped by four men, taunted for being a lesbian, repeatedly raped and left naked outside an abandoned apartment building, authorities said Monday.

Detectives say the 28-year-old victim was attacked Dec. 13 after she got out of her car, which bore a rainbow gay pride sticker. The men, who ranged from their late teens to their 30s, made comments indicating they knew her sexual orientation, said Richmond police Lt. Mark Gagan.

"It just pushes it beyond fathomable," he said. "The level of trauma _ physical and emotional _ this victim has suffered is extreme."

Yes, I get tired of the "south is evil" threads too.

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-23-08 10:35 AM

6. One poster set you off? I'm sure you know not everyone has that mentality here, though I missed that thread. As a resident of TX, we get plenty of criticism on DU, too. So, you're not alone.

Kalyke (1000+ posts)      Tue Dec-23-08 10:37 AM
Response to Reply #6

7. It's not one post, sister.

I see it daily on DU and I'm sure the OP does, as well.

nini  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-23-08 10:45 AM

15. good post

the broad brush generalizations on this board make me nuts. There is no one race, religion, non religion, economic status, part of the country, etc. that is better than another. All factions of our society end up with some good and bad folks in them.

If we continue to hold the stereotypes and not see the real picture we're never going to get anywhere in solving problems.

Yes, there are many assholes in the south, as there are in New England, California, Utah, New York, Oregon etc. etc etc..

The primitives are too clumsy, too inept, to use brushes other than wide ones.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Lego primitive being anti-anti-south
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »
I can't figure out why the primitives Hate southerners.

Jealously.

And the fact we...for the most part...resist becoming completely dependent on the Imperial Federal Government for everything we need like they have.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Lego primitive being anti-anti-south
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »
lelgt60  (346 posts)      Tue Dec-23-08 10:26 AM
Original message

...OK. I've had it and you're all going to suffer the incompetent writing of an engineer...

First off numbnuts, stop trying to claim that you're an "engineer": building bongs in high school shop class does not an engineer make.  If I wrote as poorly as you do, I'd be chronically unemployed, living on cheetoes and bong water in my mother's basement, just like you.

Signed,

A competent (and pissed off) engineer.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.