Author Topic: Is it OK for progressives/liberals to advocate trashing the Constitution?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
cali

Is it OK for progressives/liberals to advocate trashing the Constitution?

What if extra-constistutional action serves the greater good? Is it OK then?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=4700620&mesg_id=4700620

:rotf: :rotf:

From the same group who claims the right to an abortion, homo marriage, the right to free healthcare, etc.... can be found.   :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Is it OK for progressives/liberals to advocate trashing the Constitution?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:52:09 AM »
An entirely academic question, given the DUer penchant for futile keyboarding vice IRL action.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:55:16 AM »
That's in response to this thread.

Let's just take everything from the rich

Orwellian_Ghost  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-22-08 01:16 AM
Original message
The Wealthiest 1% Should Immediately Have ALL Of Their Assets Seized   Updated at 1:16 AM

Advertisements [?]

http://kelsocartography.com/blog/?p=1320

The reality is that the Washington Post and the elite clique for which it is a mouth piece have badly failed us and our children. The housing bubble was easily recognizable. The economic disaster that we are now facing could have been easily avoided if the Washington Post and its elite friends (e.g. Alan Greenspan, Robert Rubin, and Henry Paulson) were not too incompetent or corrupt to see the evidence of problems everywhere. Needless to say, those of us who did try to issue warnings were ignored by this elite crew.

<snip>

The point is that the Post and it crew of cronies have badly failed the world in a large number of ways and continue to do so. The Post and Hoagland's efforts to attribute the blame to the rest of us for the trouble caused by the greed and incompetence of their elite clique deserve nothing but contempt and ridicule.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-baker/washington-pos...

balantz  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-22-08 01:27 AM
Response to Original message
4. Kick and rec.

Will Obama be our hero and seize the assets of the top 1%?

We are going to find ourselves in desperate need of big help real soon after the thieves get done with us.

Are we going to be left in the cold?

We've been thoroughly robbed.

pipoman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-22-08 07:33 AM
22. Because we all know that the top 1%

are all Pugs...errr...nevermind...

BTW anyone know what percentage of the population the top 1% employ?

It is always fun to blame the other guy for all the bad things, how many dems were/are misusing credit, buying homes they couldn't possibly afford, speculating on the housing market, etc. I suspect a lot. At the same time * has been in office, Dems have controlled no small amount of Washington power. The sooner we all get over ourselves and look at these problems objectively, the sooner real solutions will arise...seizing wealth from anyone (not implicitly involved in actual criminal activity) will not fix anything...just another snake oil scheme.

Lousy freeper troll.

Richardo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-22-08 07:37 AM
23. It's early yet, and the competition is fierce, but this could be the stupidest post of the day...

Edited on Mon Dec-22-08 07:38 AM by Richardo
...keep a good thought! :thumbsup:

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Dec-22-08 08:01 AM
29. I love how you don't mind taking a shit all over the Constitution as

long as YOU are the one taking the dump.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:05:54 AM »
I guess that all depends on whose definition of "the greater good" is being used. Also Orwells Ghost, if the housing bubble was so easy to recognize then that puts the blame for foreclosers on the home buyers who didn't recognize it and not the media for not reporting it.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »
QuestionAll  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-22-08 09:19 AM
Response to Reply #24
44. "Not a huge amount, but I would have hated to have paid taxes on it."

but it wasn't "your" money. anything you get from an inheritance- even after taxes, is still "found money".

that being said, i'd rather see an estate tax with an exemption on the first 1 or 2 million dollars in an estate.

Oh FFS! Can someone just shoot this sumbitch before it pollutes the gene pool?  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
Oh FFS! Can someone just shoot this sumbitch before it pollutes the gene pool?  :whatever:

Once again liberal "taxes for thee but not for me!"
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
The greatest defenders of the Constitution are now against it.....say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »
It's never stopped you treasonous bastards yet.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"