Author Topic: southern rock primitive sings I've Been Your Fool  (Read 1277 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
southern rock primitive sings I've Been Your Fool
« on: December 22, 2008, 08:19:21 AM »
Quote from:
lynyrd_skynyrd

What stings the most is that he hasn't even been sworn in yet, and ALREADY it's Republican Lite

I bet the evangelicals all across the country would've been outraged if an arab atheist lesbian who had an abortion would've been chosen for Obama's inauguration. Their outrage would have been rooted in hate and not anything logical or substantial, but it would've been outrage just the same.

I just heard Obama's statement defending his pick of Rick Warren: "It's impossible for all Americans to agree on everything." I wholeheartedly agree, Mr. Obama. No matter what you do in almost every decision you make, you are going to anger people.

But why, Mr. Obama, are you choosing to slap the very people who helped elect you to office in the face? You're supposed to be the liberal, the left winger, the Democrat, the progressive, the however you want to label it, the NOT REPUBLICAN. Why, Mr. Obama, not even on your first day as the president of the United States, are you pandering to the other side, after having 8 years of their disastrous policies destroy the country?

Why does every single Democratic president, almost every single Democratic congressperson, and almost every single Democratic senator have to be a "moderate" almost but not quite liberal. Why do they all have to be religious, anti gay marriage, pro death penalty, pro gun, pro business? These are not liberals, these are not even progressives. These are conservatives with "D" next to their names.

It would've been nice to have someone like Michael Moore deliver the invocation. But that would've angered far too many people, wouldn't it? Better to anger the liberal base because the Democrats know the liberal base has nowhere else to turn. God forbid you anger the gun nuts, or the warmongers, or the bigots.

Nothing has changed.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=4698005&mesg_id=4698005

".... because the Democrats know the liberal base has nowhere else to turn."

So he admits they set themselves up to be used, and then complains when they are.   :mental:

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline djones520

Re: southern rock primitive sings I've Been Your Fool
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:22:03 AM »
So a man who adheres to his religion that homosexuals are an abomination in the eyes of God is the equivalent of an Arab Atheist Lesbian?

*shrugs*  I would get a kick though out of an Atheist giving an invocation.

I thought these DUmmies hated all religion anyways?  Why aren't they up in arms that Obama is even having a religious invocation at a State ceremony?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 08:34:30 AM »
Why does every single Democratic president, almost every single Democratic congressperson, and almost every single Democratic senator have to be a "moderate" almost but not quite liberal. Why do they all have to be religious, anti gay marriage, pro death penalty, pro gun, pro business?

If they ever espouse in public what you lunatics want they would never get even 10% of the vote.
Thats why.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »
If they ever espouse in public what you lunatics want they would never get even 10% of the vote.
Thats why.

Exactly.  The Little Goons who seek to post on DU are so wrapped up in their own warped ideology they cannot see past the first bump on their noses.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:34:01 AM »
I bet the evangelicals all across the country would've been outraged if an arab atheist lesbian who had an abortion would've been chosen for Obama's inauguration. Their outrage would have been rooted in hate and not anything logical or substantial, but it would've been outrage just the same.

Your outrage isn't based in hatred for Rick Warren? :whatever: :mental:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 09:35:49 AM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:10:54 AM »
Your outrage isn't based in hatred for Rick Warren? :whatever: :mental:

But their hate is always based on logic...
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 11:17:22 AM »
But their hate is always based on logic...

Yeah, I momentarily forgot who we are dealing with.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline comradebillyboy

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
So a man who adheres to his religion that homosexuals are an abomination in the eyes of God is the equivalent of an Arab Atheist Lesbian?

*shrugs*  I would get a kick though out of an Atheist giving an invocation.

I thought these DUmmies hated all religion anyways?  Why aren't they up in arms that Obama is even having a religious invocation at a State ceremony?

Excellent point. A principled atheist, such as myself, would object to any injection of religion into politics. Obama is a smart pol and realizes that the vast majority of Americans are professed Christians, so he will have a Christian invocation. Why the outrage over Warren? Beats me, the last time I checked the Roman Catholic Church, all the orthodox rites and most Protestant denominations (as well as Jews and Moslems) view homosexual behavior as sinful.

If I were a professional pol, I would never confess to being a non believer and I would certainly have an invocation at my inauguration.