Author Topic: At least some good news today: Paul Weyrich died.  (Read 1990 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
At least some good news today: Paul Weyrich died.
« on: December 19, 2008, 06:43:59 AM »
DU celebrates the season of peace and goodwill in high fashion.

mondo joe  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 01:27 PM
Original message
At least some good news today: Paul Weyrich died.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Conservative activist Paul Weyrich, who coined the phrase "moral majority" and helped turn social conservatives into a powerful force in the Republican Party, died Thursday. He was 66.

Weyrich's death was announced by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think thank that he had helped to create.

Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan said Weyrich "was instrumental in the development of conservative thought" in America.

As the first president of the Heritage Foundation and the leader of other conservative organizations, Weyrich's service "embodied and further advanced the Republican Party's core values of limited government, lower taxes and individual responsibility," added Duncan.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hmByU...

Condolences to those who cared about him.

After the devastating news of Rick Warren's upcoming two-minute prayer, it's nice to have something to smile about.

SidneyCarton (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 01:28 PM
Response to Original message
1. One less, one less.
 Condolences to his family, but our nation is a better place for his passing.

musette_sf  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 01:28 PM
3. agreed
 he was pretty young, too... he looked like hell for his age. see what hatred will do to a person.

I have to wonder if musette_sf ever looks in a mirror.

Bornaginhooligan  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 02:11 PM
Response to Reply #5
20. You know what's cold?
 Paul Weyrich's corpse.

cabluedem (269 posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 03:38 PM
Response to Reply #5
37. What f**kfaced Rethugs like him did was cold. No sympathy for these criminals! nt

Joy to the world...

Taverner  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 01:33 PM
9. Condolences to his family; piss to his grave

I'm sure his family would appreciate your condolences.

SoCalDem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 03:28 PM
34. Too bad he could not take all the divisive shit he created..with him
 that said, I'm sure his dog loved him..and maybe some of his grandkids too..sorry for their loss

They have a congenital lack of a sense of irony, don't they?

Husb2Sparkly  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-18-08 05:29 PM
55. Why do I feel just like I feel when a mosquito that is buzzing in my ear gets smashed?
 I wish to sing a hymn ......

Him ...... Him ...... **** Him ......

Yeah, when it comes to this sort of scum, I'm cruel and heartless. So what?

pointblank (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-18-08 05:37 PM
62. Finally
 An evil person dies...I have seen some good people in personal life die lately and have felt some injustice.

While this doesn't make up for that , or the injustices this man created, I now have some satisfaction knowing that hell got a little more crowded today.

You stay classy, DU.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4676082

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: At least some good news today: Paul Weyrich died.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 07:05:46 AM »
 :bird:  Sometimes I try to see that even most DUers were at some point loved by their parents.  Then I think, "what if my kids turn out to be that incredibly nasty, ignorant, and evil?"  Some of those people animals would be better off smothered at birth.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:16:33 AM »
:bird:  Sometimes I try to see that even most DUers were at some point loved by their parents.  Then I think, "what if my kids turn out to be that incredibly nasty, ignorant, and evil?"  Some of those people animals would be better off smothered at birth.

I believe, mama, that the term is "waste(s) of sperm."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 07:59:25 AM »

Actually this is far more common than you would think, but the kids squirm so much that the Liberal parents only manage half the job and leave the kids to go through life brain damaged.

As good an explination as any.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »
I read the title of this thread and immediately got sick to my stomach.    What a horrible bunch of juvenile misfits. 

The Heritage Foundation is one of the most respected organizations in the world.   They would all do well in actually spending sometime on their website.   

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »
If you've ever wondered how the leaders of Israel were able to find a mob to yell "Crucify him!!  Crucify him!!" when Jesus Christ stood before Pilate, one need look no further than the DUmp.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 09:26:14 AM »
If you've ever wondered how the leaders of Israel were able to find a mob to yell "Crucify him!!  Crucify him!!" when Jesus Christ stood before Pilate, one need look no further than the DUmp.

You're good.  That one merits an H5 for sure.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 09:36:51 AM »
When Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter pass from this world I may reflect on how I disagreed with their policies and ideas but such senseless hatred as these folks show just rots a person from the inside out.

In my mind it comes from Satan and I have no doubt it is he that has filled their hearts,it is the only explanation to me as to why they react so violently to anything that is remotely Christian or representing Christian ideals.

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »
When Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter pass from this world I may reflect on how I disagreed with their policies and ideas but such senseless hatred as these folks show just rots a person from the inside out.

In my mind it comes from Satan and I have no doubt it is he that has filled their hearts,it is the only explanation to me as to why they react so violently to anything that is remotely Christian or representing Christian ideals.

It sort of reminds me of an old vampire movie. Hold up a crucifix and watch them react.
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »
:bird:  Sometimes I try to see that even most DUers were at some point loved by their parents. 

I'm not sure I'd bet the rent on that one, girl.

:uhsure:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »
They thrive on hate....they are minions of the dark side.........The time will come when they have to answer up. :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 10:37:20 AM »
They thrive on hate....they are minions of the dark side.........The time will come when they have to answer up. :mental:

When that terrible day comes, I;m not sure I want to even watch it. :o :o :o

Chase her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »
You know, there are plenty of people in this world worthy of hatred: serial killers, rapists, child molesters, people who beat their spouses and children to a bloody pulp when the mood strikes. Yet these rabid idiots spend their energy spewing hate for someone whose only "crime" is to have a different life view. Of course now they've learned to include the obligatory "but" (I'm sorry for his family, kids, pet hamster). Sort of like the one they apply to the military: the war in Iraq is illegal, war crimes happen daily, prisoners tortured, women and children slaughtered in cold blood, entire villages being bombed into oblivion, BUT we support the troops. I don't know why I continue to be stunned at the lack of class. Maybe it's because I tend to believe in the inherent goodness of human beings, that every person has a chance at redemption. Well, what can one expect from a group of people who would criminalize putting an unwanted stray cat to sleep while they celebrate ripping a human baby from its mother's womb. Maybe the key to gaining the left's support for the WOT is to have the troops track down the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 12th wives of these terrorists and force them to abort their babies and use birth control. We'd prevent the next generation of jihadis while freeing women from the burden of motherhood. The troops would finally be true heroes in their eyes. Wonder what they think of the cat owner who aborts a litter of kittens.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
Once again proving that when someone yells that they are peaceful and tolerant they are anything but.

Liberals believe that tolerance means that other people must put up with them. It doesn’t mean that they have to put up with others.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 04:36:09 PM »
You know, there are plenty of people in this world worthy of hatred: serial killers, rapists, child molesters, people who beat their spouses and children to a bloody pulp when the mood strikes. Yet these rabid idiots spend their energy spewing hate for someone whose only "crime" is to have a different life view. Of course now they've learned to include the obligatory "but" (I'm sorry for his family, kids, pet hamster). Sort of like the one they apply to the military: the war in Iraq is illegal, war crimes happen daily, prisoners tortured, women and children slaughtered in cold blood, entire villages being bombed into oblivion, BUT we support the troops. I don't know why I continue to be stunned at the lack of class. Maybe it's because I tend to believe in the inherent goodness of human beings, that every person has a chance at redemption. Well, what can one expect from a group of people who would criminalize putting an unwanted stray cat to sleep while they celebrate ripping a human baby from its mother's womb. Maybe the key to gaining the left's support for the WOT is to have the troops track down the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 12th wives of these terrorists and force them to abort their babies and use birth control. We'd prevent the next generation of jihadis while freeing women from the burden of motherhood. The troops would finally be true heroes in their eyes. Wonder what they think of the cat owner who aborts a litter of kittens.

Cindie

They do the same to the military. They only love the troops when they desert,frag and officer or post treasonous writings on line.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »
DU celebrates the season of peace and goodwill in high fashion.

After the devastating news of Rick Warren's upcoming two-minute prayer, it's nice to have something to smile about.

I have to wonder if musette_sf ever looks in a mirror.

Joy to the world...

I'm sure his family would appreciate your condolences.

They have a congenital lack of a sense of irony, don't they?

You stay classy, DU.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4676082

I hope one of our historians has this copied for posterity!

Damn, this shit just makes me want to beat the hell out the first DUmbass I run across!

Hypocrisy, thy name is Democratic Underground!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Lord, please help me keep my temper with these asshats!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
LOL!  Top of the page at NewsBusters.org

Democratic Underground Cannot Allow a Conservative Icon to Rest in Peace, Again

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kerry-picket/2008/12/21/democratic-underground-cannot-allow-conservative-icon-rest-peace-again
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline djones520

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »
Whats even sadder about this is I bet none of them had even heard of this person before today.  Lord knows I didn't.

How pathetic must you be to cheer the death of someone you had never heard of simply because of a letter that the media assigned to your name?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 11:06:05 PM »
I don't guess it's a secret how life would be for conservatives if they had absolute authoritarian control.

All I gotta say is, they better be able to catch bullets.

I've never even heard of this guy.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 04:38:58 AM »
I had heard of him, but not too much.  RIP, Mr. Weyrich.

Chase her.