Author Topic: Wee Willie Pitt's latest drunken BOUNCY opus  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Wee Willie Pitt's latest drunken BOUNCY opus
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:29:14 PM »
I'll bring over only the important parts, no one should have to be subjected to reading all his drivel.

WilliamPitt(1000+ posts)
Wed Dec-17-08 02:17 PM
Original message
The War In Common (some memories, and a wish)

The War in Common
By William Rivers Pitt
t r u t h o u t | Columnist

Wednesday 17 December 2008

I met a chef from Texas...about to be deployed to Iraq, but destroyed his knee in a training exercise and wound up getting discharged. He knew the war was nonsense and thought the Bush guys all deserved to rot in jail....

I met a woman in Texas who sat down in a fire-ant-infested mud puddle because her son died in Iraq....The mothers of dead soldiers all had a face after this one mother sat in that mud and waited for an explanation that never came.

I met a journalist, a fourth-generation American of Lebanese descent, whose horror and disgust at the mainstream media's insipid cheerleading coverage of the Iraq war in 2003 compelled him to travel to Iraq and do some reporting on his own.

I met a tank driver who had served along the Berlin line during the cold war, who marched next to me at antiwar demonstrations carrying an upside-down American flag....."The flag like this means 'Distress, Send Help,'" he would always say. "This country needs help."

I met a kid from upstate New York who was slinging burgers with this perplexed look on his face because he didn't know what to do with himself, so he was slinging burgers until he figured out what to do. For as long as he could remember, he had wanted to be a soldier and had bent his whole life towards that end.....and then Bush and Iraq and everything else happened and he knew it was wrong, and knew he could not devote his life and honor to all that, so he quit the military academy and abandoned his dream of military service, and was flipping burgers until he could figure out what else he could do.

I met an Air Force pilot who was protesting the war because he was pretty sure he'd committed serious war crimes on several occasions by following the orders he'd been given to drop bombs on places in Iraq we were not supposed to drop bombs....Nobody would arrest him, because he was a hero of course, so he was protesting the war with that haunted look on his face.

I met a corporal who fired artillery during the opening credits for "Shock and Awe." He'd been in uniform well before the invasion, and recalled his commanding officer's instructions for the green recruits who didn't know better. "You're not liberating anyone with this war," the CO said to the confused consternation of the new troops. "We're going in to get Iraq's oil, and you're going in to protect the guys around you, and that's the deal." The corporal nodded along with all the other old salts who knew better, and they went in, and the greenies learned a lot of new things in a hurry.

I met a woman in New York City who had lost beloved family in a pillar of fire and smoke and jet fuel when the Towers went down. She was part of a group whose members had all lost someone on that day, and they went from city to city demanding that Bush and America not use the deaths of their loved ones as a rallying cry for some stupid, useless, brutal, illegal bloodbath of an Iraq invasion. She knew all about how everything changed after 9/11, and she was right, and that's why she spoke out.

I've met a lot of other people like this. I met a staff sergeant whose Iraq tour got bumped back three weeks because someone in his unit failed a drug test, but after three weeks he still had to go. I met a Green Beret who wants to meet me again in 30 years so he can tell me all the stuff I don't know, but need to. I even met a guy with two prosthetic legs who would go from bar to bar and get people to buy him drinks because he said he was a wounded Iraq veteran. He wasn't; he was a spoiled brat from California who passed out drunk on some train tracks and got run over and lost his legs, and that was terrible for him, but he got no mercy from the real Iraq veteran who figured out this kid was lying, and that kid will never come back to my bar again, ever.

I want to meet the guy who threw his shoes at Bush on Sunday. I think he and all these others I've met would have a lot to talk about. They all have so much in common.

It won't happen, of course. But I do want to meet the man who threw his shoes. I would like to shake his hand, too.

http://www.truthout.org/121708A

Wow, a bouncy from the Bostonian Drunkard!

Hey Wee Willie!  You're a pathetic piece of shit and your writing is unbelievably bad, not to mention unreadable.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: Wee Willie Pitt's latest drunken BOUNCY opus
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:32:54 PM »
I thought Truthout gave him his walking papers months ago?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
Quote from:
WilliamPitt

I met a......

I read a thread from a drunken, lying, idiot, liberal (pardon the redundancy) at the DUmp who made all sorts of claims which likely never happened.  Don't care to meet him, he's not worth spitting on.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »
I met a Green Beret who wants to meet me again in 30 years so he can tell me all the stuff I don't know, but need to.

Future TiT.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »
My, the Bostonian Drunkard meets a lot of people.

Inside his head.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »
My, the Bostonian Drunkard meets a lot of people.

Inside his head.

Good place to meet people ... that's where all the alcohol is.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »
I once met a drunkard from Boston
Who thought his words were awesome
While shitting his pants
and screaming his rants
The bouncer got pissed and tossed him.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
I once met a drunkard from Boston
Who thought his words were awesome
While shitting his pants
and screaming his rants
The bouncer got pissed and tossed him.

Damn, you're good, mama.

And you too, Texacon, above mama here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »
I had to go read the OP, just to be sure I wasn't missing something. Does this guy really call himself a writer?

Hey Will, there is a hell of a lot more to writing than just being able to produce grammatically correct sentences. Tie the damn thing together you moron. What do YOU think they all have in common?

You're a no talent hack. Try reading some of Howie Carr's columns for a few pointers. I know you won't like the political content, but try to look past that and focus on how he puts his columns together.

You suck. And badly.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 03:09:25 PM »
Lying POS..... :bs: :bs: :bs:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 03:12:36 PM »
Lying POS..... :bs: :bs: :bs:

I think the same thing, but you said it better than I could, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 03:21:14 PM »
He's probably disappointed that it looks unlikely he'll take First Place Primitive 2008.  Love the Green Beret part!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 03:25:09 PM »
He's probably disappointed that it looks unlikely he'll take First Place Primitive 2008.  Love the Green Beret part!

Yeah, and alas for the Bostonian Drunkard, as the voting is going right now, it doesn't appear he's going to be anywhere in the top ten, period.

Maybe a runner-up, like in the bottom half of the top twenty.

Mr. Wiggum did this one year, and I'd like to do it again, revealing 11-20 before revealing the Top 10.

The Top 10 DUmmies of 2008 is tentatively scheduled to come out the weekend following Christmas Day; most people will be away, with family and friends and good food and fine presents at the time, and this way, they'll have an extra Christmas present waiting for them when they come back.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »
I want to meet the guy who threw his shoes at Bush on Sunday...
It won't happen, of course. But I do want to meet the man who threw his shoes. I would like to shake his hand, too.

Wow, two and half sentences were actually TRUE!

:bsmeter:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »
Yeah, and alas for the Bostonian Drunkard, as the voting is going right now, it doesn't appear he's going to be anywhere in the top ten, period.

Maybe a runner-up, like in the bottom half of the top twenty.

Mr. Wiggum did this one year, and I'd like to do it again, revealing 11-20 before revealing the Top 10.

The Top 10 DUmmies of 2008 is tentatively scheduled to come out the weekend following Christmas Day; most people will be away, with family and friends and good food and fine presents at the time, and this way, they'll have an extra Christmas present waiting for them when they come back.

I will indeed most definitely be posting a "Best/Worst of the Rest" or honorable mention thread before the Top 10 will be announced.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender