Author Topic: Wal-Mart worker dies after shoppers knock him down  (Read 18274 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Wal-Mart worker dies after shoppers knock him down
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 06:33:22 AM »
Yeah, he hasn't been a fan of Walmart since that time either.      

I will say this about Wally World--it really is the PEOPLE who frequent the place more than the Wally World itself.  Yes, places like this, K-Mart, etc, do seem to act as idiot magnets, but if there are fewer idiots/reprobates in a given locale, ergo, lower concentration of them at said gathering spots.

That being said, I'm still not going to one until after New Year's.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 06:37:36 AM »
They're not the reason I'M gainfully employed.  Can I call them morons?  Scariest place I've ever been was a Wally World at 9 PM on a Saturday night.  Five Westpacs in some of the biggest shithole slums in the world and I felt safer than I did in that place that night.

dude, we're talking about Black Friday -- the day that when you can crawl your lazy ass out of bed at o'dark-thirty in the a.m. (in all fairness, I am up anyway cause SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK), you can score some big time savings on items.

I head out coffee in hand and with my sisters and girlfriends enjoy a marathon day of bargain basement prices shopping, with a nice leisurely brunch thrown in the mix, and get a great deal of Christmas shopping done.  

Do I encounter rude people?  sure.   Are they the majority? no.  

Besides, I am a survivor of the annual Filene's Basement dress sale (all dresses were $14.99, doors open at 6 a.m., and hells yeah those upper class ladies were animals!).    I did that every single year, no matter where I lived -- I came back to MA for it.    I miss that sale.  :(

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2008, 06:52:58 AM »
The bingo card forgot to add the "Wally World Walk."  This is where newly licensed CCW holders carry a gun for the 1st time in public to see if they are printing.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/65521-wally-walk.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=372005&highlight=wally+world+walk

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886021&highlight=wally+world+walk
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2008, 07:08:41 AM »
dude, we're talking about Black Friday -- the day that when you can crawl your lazy ass out of bed at o'dark-thirty in the a.m. (in all fairness, I am up anyway cause SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK), you can score some big time savings on items.

The only reason I'll EVER crawl my "lazy ass" out of bed that early is to go to work.  Now granted, being sans crib lizards, Christmas shopping for me is a comparative breeze.  And given the state of the economy this year, etc., I've already stated that people are getting cards and charitable donations in their names, period.  Christ, the shipping for stuff back to CA, AZ, etc., would be more than most of the shit's worth anyway.

I still don't see the point in going to Kittery Trading Post or the outlet stores at midnight.  None!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »
...... going to Kittery Trading Post or the outlet stores at midnight.  None!

...now you're talking.   That's an idea for next year.   

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »
Wow! After reading the comments here I guess it must be in demographics. The WallyWorld here is clean enough you could eat off the floor!

Sorry to see so many have such a low opinion. My daughter works for these guys and I can guarantee you this would never happen here!

We do have the occasional soccer mom grab and scuffle, but gee willikers Andy!

I went to the site with the phone pictures and I agree it has a lot to do with what part of the city you shop in and unfortunately ethnicity. Where's Reverend Al and Jesse when this shit happens? Guess we'll have to wait for Bill Cosby or Clarence Thomas to say something! They should be ashamed of themselves! The only thing you will hear is how prejudiced we are!

Unbelievable that these people have the manners of vultures feeding on a carcass!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 12:57:56 AM »
They could fix this crap and prevent it from happening in two ways.

1) Get enough stock to have the sale last from store opening to store close.  That way people wouldn't feel the need to bum rush the store at 0400 in the morning because they are one of about a thousand people trying to get one of 200 XBOX 360's maked down for the sale.

2) Ties into what I said above...make the sale prices ALL DAY not just for two or three hours.  And open the store at normal time.

Sorry, you have no idea what you're talking about. Ther's not a snowball's chance in hell that this is possible!

You got some kind of crystal ball that would tell you how much of this stuff you should order in advance? Oh I know, lets just rent another warehouse and fill it to the brim! Then when Black Friday is over, we'll just send everything back that we don't sell!

Gothcha! That's all we need to do!

Most of these Black Friday slaes are to get people into the store in order to sell the shit they actually make money on! These so called sale items generally are being taken at a loss in order to get bodies into the store!

You know nothing of retail!!!!

Actually TxR, I thought you were smarter than this!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:00:04 AM by AllosaursRus »

Offline djones520

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 01:20:02 AM »
Wow! After reading the comments here I guess it must be in demographics. The WallyWorld here is clean enough you could eat off the floor!

Sorry to see so many have such a low opinion. My daughter works for these guys and I can guarantee you this would never happen here!

We do have the occasional soccer mom grab and scuffle, but gee willikers Andy!

I went to the site with the phone pictures and I agree it has a lot to do with what part of the city you shop in and unfortunately ethnicity. Where's Reverend Al and Jesse when this shit happens? Guess we'll have to wait for Bill Cosby or Clarence Thomas to say something! They should be ashamed of themselves! The only thing you will hear is how prejudiced we are!

Unbelievable that these people have the manners of vultures feeding on a carcass!

I know what you mean.  I have 2 of them within a 10 minute drive of where I live.  Both are very clean stores and I have had no real complaints.  The customer service sometimes leaves a little bit to be desired, but when you weigh 400lbs and your ass is stuck on a Walmart checkout line 8 hours a day I can see how you could hate life a bit.  I'm very glad I have access to them though.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 06:25:58 AM »
Yep and now the Union is calling Walmart everything under the sun but not a peep about the ****ing animals that caused it. :banghead:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:21 AM »
Our Walmart is a fairly clean and nice place. My solution for these type of sales would be to have random announcements of sales items during the day, kind of like KMart used to do with Blue Light specials.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2008, 09:23:12 AM »
The bingo card forgot to add the "Wally World Walk."  This is where newly licensed CCW holders carry a gun for the 1st time in public to see if they are printing.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/65521-wally-walk.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=372005&highlight=wally+world+walk

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886021&highlight=wally+world+walk

I did the walk without even being aware it was a walk! About a year ago or so! Even bought ammo! Holy shit! Who woulda thunk?!?

:-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
The only reason I'll EVER crawl my "lazy ass" out of bed that early is to go to work.  Now granted, being sans crib lizards, Christmas shopping for me is a comparative breeze.  And given the state of the economy this year, etc., I've already stated that people are getting cards and charitable donations in their names, period.  Christ, the shipping for stuff back to CA, AZ, etc., would be more than most of the shit's worth anyway.

I still don't see the point in going to Kittery Trading Post or the outlet stores at midnight.  None!

Bingo. I've long since gone beyond going out, buying a bunch of shit, spending even more money to wrap it all, then wait in yet more lines to mail the shit out. All that to feel a warm 'n fuzzy? **** that.

Bah ****ing humbug.

:fuelfire:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »
I did the walk without even being aware it was a walk! About a year ago or so! Even bought ammo! Holy shit! Who woulda thunk?!?

:-)

One that really gets them excited is school property. I carry everywhere I go. Never thought about it. When I go to the courthouse they just take my weapon and put it in a locker. Schools however are a total different situation. Had to pick up my grandaughter once from school and I thought they were going to all have coronaries! Had on my leather jacket, but it wasn't zipped. Musta moved a particular way and a first grade teacher about fainted! They ended up callin' the local constable and since he knew me it was no big deal. I hate to think what would have happened if I had not known him!  :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »
One that really gets them excited is school property. I carry everywhere I go. Never thought about it. When I go to the courthouse they just take my weapon and put it in a locker. Schools however are a total different situation. Had to pick up my grandaughter once from school and I thought they were going to all have coronaries! Had on my leather jacket, but it wasn't zipped. Musta moved a particular way and a first grade teacher about fainted! They ended up callin' the local constable and since he knew me it was no big deal. I hate to think what would have happened if I had not known him!  :-)

THAT'S the problem with folks. They have been trained that if they see a gun, their world is going to end. Let's forget that the average person that carries is a "good guy" and has been vetted by the local sheriff or state agency. There's too much paranoia out there when it comes to guns. Hell, I'd rather be unarmed in a room full of people that are carrying than to be armed and in a bad part of town.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson