Current Events > The DUmpster

what elements of fascism are we seeing today?

(1/5) > >>

Ralph Wiggum:
Other than by the Democrat party, NONE!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4236700

--- Quote ---w8liftinglady(1000+ posts)
Tue Oct-14-08 04:38 PM
Original message

The Government involvement in the banking system had me thinking...what other subtle elements of fascism have we seen develop over the last 8 years?(or am I dreaming things?)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---XemaSab (1000+ posts)
Tue Oct-14-08 04:40 PM
Response to Original message
1. Telling people it's patriotic to shut the hell up and support the "Commander-in-Chief"
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Lydia Leftcoast(1000+ posts)
Tue Oct-14-08 04:42 PM
2. Disdain for intellectuals

Xenophobia
Public insistence on "traditional morality" while the higher-ups violate the rules they preach
Perversion of religion for political ends
Glorification of the military and the equation of militarism with patriotism
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Democrats_win  (1000+ posts)
Tue Oct-14-08 04:43 PM
3. Cameras on all stop lights. Free-speech zones, ID requirements

ID (can you believe it? Now the Nazis could ask for our papers as was done in the movie Casablanca.) Drug laws (where's freedom), seizure of property associated with drug laws and without just compensation or a trial.

Note, fascism is corporate control of government and you might notice that is about the way things are.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Feles Mala  (1000+ posts)
Tue Oct-14-08 04:48 PM
10. All this voter registration malarkey...

The fake, multiple names... With the millions registering, these errors and the few downright deceptions probably don't even add up to one percent of the electorate, and yet the Neocons have convinced themselves and their legions that any Obama win will not be legitimate. Claiming mass fraud when your side loses - should they lose - is about as fascist as you can get because it hinders the ability of the winner to govern.

--- End quote ---

More idiocy, as usual, at the link. :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Chris_:

--- Quote from: Ralph Wiggum on October 14, 2008, 04:45:49 PM ---Other than by the Democrat party, NONE!!!

--- Quote ---w8liftinglady(1000+ posts)
Tue Oct-14-08 04:38 PM
Original message

The Government involvement in the banking system had me thinking...what other subtle elements of fascism have we seen develop over the last 8 years?(or am I dreaming things?)
--- End quote ---

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4236700

More idiocy, as usual, at the link. :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

--- End quote ---

I'm omitting all but the original post for the moment, because they are irrelevant to the point I need to make here, but I think this DUmmy may have stumbled onto a piece of truth here.

I'm still looking for corroberating links, but I was listening to Jerry Doyle's radio show this afternoon, and he has an article that reports 7 of the 9 financial firms targeted by Henry Paulson for "bail out" with the $750 billion Congress took from you and I at gunpoint last week DID NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT MONEY.  PAULSON TOLD THEM THEY WERE GOING TO BE "BAILED OUT" - OR ELSE.   Apparently Paulson has told someone that the government was going to bail out these firms, because as "big guys" in the marketplace, he wanted to use them to remove the stigma of taking the government's help for the rest of the fish in Paulson's barrel.

If the federal government is using a market correction and the normal fluctuations of the market as pretext to take control over the financial system in this country - as they appear to be doing - how does this NOT rise to the level of fascism?  Apparently there are a couple of troubled financial firms that are applying for re-charter under New York banking laws, rather than accept Federal money - and the inevitable long arm of regulation that will follow.

This stinks on ice to this Classical Liberal Constitutionalist.

MrsSmith:

--- Quote ---Claiming mass fraud when your side loses - should they lose - is about as fascist as you can get because it hinders the ability of the winner to govern.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: BadCat on October 14, 2008, 04:51:02 PM ---Huh?
What site has this DUmmy been reading?

Apparently, not the one he's posting at.

--- End quote ---

:rotf:  No kidding!!  These are the jokers that have cried "stolen election" for 8 years now!!   :lmao: :lmao:

MrsSmith:

--- Quote from: DefiantSix on October 14, 2008, 05:05:34 PM ---http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4236700

I'm omitting all but the original post for the moment, because they are irrelevant to the point I need to make here, but I think this DUmmy may have stumbled onto a piece of truth here.

I'm still looking for corroberating links, but I was listening to Jerry Doyle's radio show this afternoon, and he has an article that reports 7 of the 9 financial firms targeted by Henry Paulson for "bail out" with the $750 billion Congress took from you and I at gunpoint last week DID NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT MONEY.  PAULSON TOLD THEM THEY WERE GOING TO BE "BAILED OUT" - OR ELSE.   Apparently Paulson has told someone that the government was going to bail out these firms, because as "big guys" in the marketplace, he wanted to use them to remove the stigma of taking the government's help for the rest of the fish in Paulson's barrel.

If the federal government is using a market correction and the normal fluctuations of the market as pretext to take control over the financial system in this country - as they appear to be doing - how does this NOT rise to the level of fascism?  Apparently there are a couple of troubled financial firms that are applying for re-charter under New York banking laws, rather than accept Federal money - and the inevitable long arm of regulation that will follow.

This stinks on ice to this Classical Liberal Constitutionalist.

--- End quote ---
I'm not at all happy about the idea of our government owning our banks, either.   :(  Buying mortgages, yes.  Buying banks, no.  The stupid Democrat regulations started all this mess, and now we're going to "fix" it by having the government get into the bank business.   ::) :(

Carl:

--- Quote from: BadCat on October 14, 2008, 04:51:02 PM ---Huh?
What site has this DUmmy been reading?

Apparently, not the one he's posting at.

--- End quote ---

Their ability to believe completely opposite things can be breathtaking at times

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version