Current Events > The DUmpster

That Pesky Free Speech For Conservatives Thing Again... Rush Rage.

(1/5) > >>

asdf2231:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4223024

--- Quote ---Mira  (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:06 PM
Original message
Just asking ! What would it take to get Limbaugh off the air?
He is a maggot undermining the structure of society. His broadcasts are, I believe, allowed around our soldiers, Palinizing their minds.

He tells his viewers to not read the newspapers, because he will do it for them.
Then they are preached to and have his spin and interpretation as their only source of information, and because of that think of him as correct at all times.

I have no idea how it happened but I had my car radio set to the station where he comes on.
I had to pull over after a few minutes, I got nauseated and completely irate that this is allowed to remain unchecked.

Just asking.
What could be done to stop him?
Don't tell me about free speech and stuff, I already know that.
Just play with me.

I saw a bumpersticker under a McCain one:
For a Rush, try Limbaugh.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Feeney2 (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:08 PM
Response to Original message
2. As long as radio is bought out, the local markets don't have the money for programming
 and national clowns like Rush rule the day.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---gateley  (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:08 PM
4. Pedophilia. I honestly don't think anything less would do it. nt
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---leftofthedial  (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:09 PM
6. elimination of the primate urges toward irrationality, tribalism, hatred of "other," 
 greed, antisocial behavior, patriarchy, etc. from the human genome.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Name removed (0 posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:11 PM
7. Deleted message
 Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.
--- End quote ---
Awww! Someone said "Shoot him!"

--- Quote --- MadHound (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:19 PM
Response to Reply #7
13. Gee dumbass, isn't that the right wing's solution for everything?
 If they disagree with a candidate, a broadcaster, a news person, a person who is black, gay, liberal, Muslim, etc. etc., isn't their solution to reach for the gun, and disguise it under patriotism? And here you are, some sort of supposed liberal, proposing the same ******* thing. How ******* despicable! How ****ing right wing of you! How ****ing idiotic!

Do I agree with Limbaugh, hell no. But I certainly don't advocate shooting him. In this country we have a thing called the First Amendment which, whether you like it or not, guarantees the freedom of speech. Trying to repress it with the gun makes you no better than a fascist. How dare you! Besides dumbass, do you realize what sort of ammo you're giving to the right wing? No, of course not, nor do you realize that a murdered Limbaugh is much more valuable as a right wing martyr than a live Limbaugh who simply fades away due to irrelevance and poor sales.

You should be ashamed to call yourself an American citizen, much less a liberal
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---cliffordu  (1000+ posts)        Sun Oct-12-08 12:38 PM
Response to Reply #13
27. Aw, lookie, mom, it's the shame police!!
--- End quote ---
DAMNIT! why can't we call for his death?!?!?!?!?11111

--- Quote ---geckosfeet  (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:13 PM
10. Someone will have to bring legal charges - a restraining order of some kind.
 I personally believe that charges of incitement to riot, sedition and even intent to break the law of the land - the constitution are applicable.

Someone would have to bring suit and make it stick. He will claim that he is an entertainer and that his speech is not to be taken seriously. Perhaps having his followers listen to him make that admission would cool their jets.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- Democrats_win (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:15 PM
11. One would think low advertising revenue would do it. 
 The bush presidency invalidates anything conservatives might say. Of course, I get over new phenomena pretty easily. Been there done that type of person. Additionally, he's a sad sack.

When I did listen to him years ago, I thought it curious that he claimed people said he was the most dangerous man in America. Of course he wore that idea proudly. He now has a "record" and a record which includes having his maid go out and buy him drugs. How "dishonerable" as McCain's ads might say.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---snake in the grass (318 posts)        Sun Oct-12-08 12:20 PM
16. He needs to be followed...
 ...the next time he flies to the Dominican Republic. Get some photos of him picking up little boys and you can be sure that he will lose most of his listeners. I say most, because even then some will still love him, but not enough to keep his show afloat. After his trial and conviction he won't be able to broadcast from jail. Just imagine what that slug has on his hard drive!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---grahamhgreen (522 posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:33 PM
Response to Reply #18
21. Really, we need to bring back the fairness doctrine n/t
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Cheap_Trick (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:33 PM
22. Watch the end of Oliver Stone's movie "Talk Radio"
 for a good idea.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- cliffordu  (1000+ posts)        Sun Oct-12-08 12:37 PM
24. Marlin 454 guide gun, buffalo bore rounds (1900fps)
 almost a full ounce of lead moving real quick...Approved for Grizzly bears, Water Buffalo.

Although, I'm sure that if we leave him to his own devices when Obama is elected, his head will explode.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---morillon  (262 posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:41 PM
30. The Fairness Doctrine, on steroids.
 If they bring that back and don't let him bloviate uninterrupted for hours on end, that'll do it. Let him talk for 10-15 minutes, then give 10-15 minutes to someone like Al Franken to mock the everlovin' shit out of him. And maybe even randomize the amounts of time so that people can't come up with a way to get uninterrupted Limbaugh.
--- End quote ---

BlueStateSaint:
Ya oughta send that thread into Rush.  Maybe he'll think that this response:

--- Quote ---cliffordu  (1000+ posts)        Sun Oct-12-08 12:37 PM
24. Marlin 454 guide gun, buffalo bore rounds (1900fps)
 almost a full ounce of lead moving real quick...Approved for Grizzly bears, Water Buffalo.

Although, I'm sure that if we leave him to his own devices when Obama is elected, his head will explode.
--- End quote ---

Is a threat, and sue Mr. Allen out of existence. 

Then again, maybe he'll laugh.

BTW, lurking DUmb****s--it's a Marlin 1895 Guide Gun, in .45-70.  I hope to get one soon.

Carl:
If the market is there and so many believe as they do it shouldn`t be a problem for DUmmies to find air time.

If..

Chris_:

--- Quote from: Carl on October 12, 2008, 01:39:06 PM ---If the market is there and so many believe as they do it shouldn`t be a problem for DUmmies to find air time.

If..

--- End quote ---

I mean, look at the success of air america.  Competing in the marketplace of ideas should be no problem for those with good ideas, right?

Chris:

--- Quote ---Mira  (1000+ posts)      Sun Oct-12-08 12:06 PM
Original message

I have no idea how it happened but I had my car radio set to the station where he comes on.
--- End quote ---

Freeper troll!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version