Author Topic: Pedro Picasso proud of his congressman  (Read 1200 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso proud of his congressman
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4168744

Atman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sat Oct-04-08 11:55 AM
Original message

Proud of my Congressman, Joe Courtney. He voted NO on the bailout.

It's even sweeter because I just moved to his district in the spring, and I've actually done several campaign pieces for him. It feels good to be helping out a guy who actually listens to his constituents and pays attention.

Good on ya, Joe! Thank you for exhibiting the courage and spine so many of your colleagues could not.

Warpy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sat Oct-04-08 12:02 PM
Response to Original message

1. Mine voted yes

but it's Horrible Heather Wilson (R-COW) and her senatorial ambitions have done her out of a job. I am overjoyed to say she will be out of office for the next two years, at least.

Anyone up for reelection or running for the empty seat vacated by Domenici (R-fossil) voted no.

Neshanic  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Oct-04-08 12:04 PM

2. He's on the list of truely smart.

Atman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sat Oct-04-08 03:18 PM

3. I just read an article in the Hartford Courant...Joe was THE ONLY ONE from CT

...to vote against the bill. Every other CT Senator and Congressman voted FOR it.

Well, Hell, I got Pedro Picasso beat.

TWO Nebraskans voted against the bill, not just one.

Of course, they're not going to get any kudos from Pedro Picasso, seeing as they're conservative Republicans.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

Re: Pedro Picasso proud of his congressman
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 06:06:05 PM »
Well dumbass, Joe voted "No" cause Nancy allowed him to in order to retain his seat in the upcoming elections -- not that she cares about Joe mind you, but the DNC can't risk losing seats.    If the vote was closer then she would have ordered him to vote "Yes."

So in other words politically naive freakshows  -- Joe's vote is at the will of Nancy Pelosi.    Got it?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »
Well dumbass, Joe voted "No" cause Nancy allowed him to in order to retain his seat in the upcoming elections -- not that she cares about Joe mind you, but the DNC can't risk losing seats.    If the vote was closer then she would have ordered him to vote "Yes."

So in other words politically naive freakshows  -- Joe's vote is at the will of Nancy Pelosi.    Got it?

You and I understand how this works, madam.

But one suspects Pedro Picasso doesn't know excresence about politics.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
I've actually done several campaign pieces for him.
So if you live in Connecticut, and have received a Joe Courtney refrigerator magnet in the mail, now you know who claims to have licked the envelope flap.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »
So if you live in Connecticut, and have received a Joe Courtney refrigerator magnet in the mail, now you know who claims to have licked the envelope flap.

You know Pedro Picasso has a web-site, where he hawks his "art."

It's something similar with what the Swamp Rat primitive produces.

In fact, it's rather difficult to determine the difference.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 10:29:01 PM »
My dimocrast is in a safe district and voted yes..of course.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 04:26:05 AM »
Kirsten Gillibrand (D) knows that her neck is on the line.  She voted "no."  Problem is, she's up against Sandy Treadwell (R) in the GE, but even though Mr. Treadwell is George Pataki's former Secretary of State, he's a horrible public speaker (from what I've been able to glean, from listening to him).  This one's going to be a lot closer than it should be because of that fact alone.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 08:00:33 AM »
What Pedro Picasso, who is approaching his sixth decade of life doesn't understand--among a great many other things Pedro Picasso doesn't understand--is that oftentimes a congressman or a senator will be allowed to vote the way that best ensures his re-election even if it is contrary to the "official" party position.

In 1993 or thereabouts, for example, some sort of law mandating a balanced budget went through the Senate, which the Impeached One and the Democrats opposed.  The vote was bound to be close, and there was much nail-biting.  However, at the last minute, the Democrats determined they had a little more than enough to defeat it.

Dianne Feinstein was running for re-election to her Senate seat, and the balanced budget was a hot issue in California at the time.  I disremember why, but apparently she was considered "vulnerable"--a vulnerability that would be ameliorated if she voted for (i.e., against the Democrat party line) the bill.

And so Dianne Feinstein, who has never practiced fiscal responsibility in her life, was allowed to vote for mandating balanced budgets, so as to bolster her chances for re-election.

If her vote had been needed against it, well, she would have voted the party line.

Ditto for this guy Pedro Picasso praises.

This happens all the time, this has been happening since the beginning of time.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »
The dinosaurs in Congress pretty much do whatever the heck they want, but that said -- they got to their stature by voting party lines, so what isn't broke and all that.

McCain has earned the title of maverick (which I hate and wish he would stop referring to himself this way) because he has parted with the party on numerous ocassions  -- much to the anger of the party base.   

McCain is a moderate.   Palin is a conservative.   This mix will work. 

Obama is a leftist.   Biden is a lefist.    Not going to work.   Even Hillary knew that, which is why she rented the u-haul to try to tow her considerable hide toward the middle (while we all chuckled).   

McCain needs to exploit Obama's far left leanings as much as possible.  Palin started doing that this morning, and she did it brilliantly.   We need more of that to reach the finish line.   McCain better not disappoint tomorrow night.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:20:04 PM »
Wally Herger (R) voted yes, I am NOT going to forget.  :bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »
Marilyn Musgrave voted NO, and it will be the deciding factor in allowing me to vote for her re-election.  Unlesss she manages to find a really BIG pooch to screw between now and when my mail-in ballot goes in.

Ahh hell, who am I kidding?  You and I both know she doesn't have to screw the big pooch; with her track record, she could fellate a Chihuahua and it would piss me off enough to be willing to endure a demon-roach congress-shit for 2 years.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.