Author Topic: primitives stroll down memory lane  (Read 616 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives stroll down memory lane
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4173749

Oh my.

Bicoastal  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Oct-05-08 02:59 PM
Original message

Hey, check out DU circa 2001.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011107184828/www.democrati... /

I'm having all kinds of fun with the Old Google, put out in honor of the search engine's 10th birthday. It really works--you can see EXACTLY what would have come up on a Google search in 2001, and even follow up many of the links that appear! Just click on the "View old version on the Internet Archive" link.

Check out what Barack Obama was doing 8 years ago! (Serving in the Illinois Senate's 13th district)

Or Keith Olbermann! (Working at Fox Sports Net)

Or Rachel Maddow! (Getting her doctrate and researching the spread of AIDS in prisons)

Or Freerepublic! (Getting sued by the LA Times for posting their articles without permission)

Or Sarah Palin! ("Your search - "sarah palin" - did not match any documents.")

Was it really only 8 years ago?

rosesaylavee  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sun Oct-05-08 03:13 PM
Response to Original message

2. Wow.

The format is certainly better now... reminded me that I miss reading Bob Boudelang...

madfloridian  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Sun Oct-05-08 03:15 PM

3. There were only about 8 thousand when I joined in 2002   

This place has grown. I have some wonderful archived links I need to post someday.

xyouth  (144 posts) Sun Oct-05-08 05:57 PM

7. Wow, It just never hit me before that our discussions were archived for so long. This makes me a bit more paranoid. I also just googled my old screen name, and found that some of my comments from a couple of years ago were pasted to newsbusters.org, a frightening bunch, they did not have many nice things to say about me or DUers.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives stroll down memory lane
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:35 PM »
xyouth  (144 posts) Sun Oct-05-08 05:57 PM

7. Wow, It just never hit me before that our discussions were archived for so long. This makes me a bit more paranoid. I also just googled my old screen name, and found that some of my comments from a couple of years ago were pasted to newsbusters.org, a frightening bunch, they did not have many nice things to say about me or DUers.

They will all be read back to you as you enter the camps. :evillaugh: