Author Topic: DU strikes a blow against sexism by calling Palin a Hooker & Stripper For Jesus  (Read 1445 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Among other things.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7299780

Pacifist Patriot  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:12 AM
Original message
Pardon me if I am offended by a flirt at the podium. 
I have been told today (not at DU, but in person) that I need to stop being so sensitive and toughen up with respect to my reactions to Sarah Palin. Apparently it is my fault I find it inappropriate when a woman resorts to playing the sex kitten in order to hide the fact that she hasn't a clue what is going on in this world.

As a woman I am way beyond appalled when flirtatious folksy behavior is cited as holding one's own in a debate. If Joe Biden had winked at the American people and spoken to us in such a manner he'd be tarred and feathered in the press this morning as a condescending prick.

I take comfort that the man in my life was equally offended. His comment, once he picked his jaw up off the ground, was "Does this brainless twit really think I'm going to vote with a beer in one hand and my dick in the other?"

Exceeding low expectations is not success. It's an indication of how our political discourse has sunk below basement level and how positively bankrupt the Republican party has become in terms of ability and talent.

I am simply aghast.

elehhhhna  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-03-08 11:16 AM
Response to Original message
3. when she CORRECTED Biden & said "Drill, baby, drill" I 
threw up in my mouth a little bit.

She's a SLEAZE. There. I said it.

seabeyond  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:35 AM
Response to Reply #27
35. no. she looked stupid. i was watching her. when he said it she got a huge smile
 you could just hear her brain rattlin, i got you now. i knew she was gonna say drill baby drill. didnt know she was going to do a little slutty dance with it.

she looked like a fool

SteelPenguin (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:16 AM
4. It honestly reminded me of something a waitress would do
 i could see her taking my order and winking at me before walking away from the table. Something to get bigger tips. Something unbecoming of a candidate for office. i'm sure there are plenty of 'folksy' people who like it....honestly if you're gonna vote for someone because she winks on stage, then you're a ****ing moron.

if she were the democratic VP nominee I'd be so embarrased at this point. I don't know how Republicans have the fortitude to still defend this woman. She's an insult to all the qualified intelligent Republican women out there.

mscuedawg (750 posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:17 AM
6. Palin = CT = Conscending Tart eom

Okie4Obama (61 posts)      Fri Oct-03-08 11:18 AM
10. I found this comment on another website, it completely sums up how I feel:
 "I can’t watch that stupid brain-dead simpleton up there, so supremely confident in her imagined competence as she spews out garbled talking points like a high-school drunk vomits up wine coolers...It’s a *******ed insult to me, all of you, America, Joe Biden and Gwen Ifill for Sarah Palin to even be on that stage, and she should apologize to each and every one of us, personally, for wasting all of our time and energy. And so should the fossilized old lech that is reponsible for this insult to mediocrity being up on that stage, John McCain."

All of us women who have had to put up with watching the ditzy cheerleader succeed by flirting and playing cutsey with whatever man who was in charge want are not going to buy this crap, and I think the debate will hurt her even more with women voters.

bunnies  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-03-08 11:25 AM
Response to Reply #14
19. They could sell it along with a "Sex-Me Sarah" blow up doll. (Picture of a blow up sex doll.)
 You betcha!

AzDar  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-03-08 11:21 AM
15. Agree. She did everything last night except for knocking on your car window
 and askin' if you want a date, SUGAR...

She's a joke, and a bad one at that.

Toot toot, hey.. beep, beep

EstimatedProphet  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:25 AM
20. Absolutely. This man didn't fall for it either.
 Palin's Stripper-For-Christ act doesn't take me in

FatDave  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:49 AM
47. I find it offensive too.
 It's an insult to my intelligence to think because some woman winks and smiles I'm gonna go vote for her. I'm not some horny 12 year old who just learned to rub one out. I can tell when a woman is flirting with me and when she's just being conniving. And Palin is just being conniving.

But as offended as I am, I would think that women, who have had to fight for so long just to be taken seriously, would be even more pissed. Hell, why doesn't she just write "McCain" on one boob and "Palin" on the other and parade around topless? It'd be about as subtle.

Guy Whitey Corngood  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:51 AM
49. How many times did she say John McCan't "tapped her"? nt

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Ah, the sight of DUmmy sexual frustration.

FatDave  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-03-08 11:49 AM
47. I find it offensive too.
 It's an insult to my intelligence

You cannot insult that which does not exist.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.

Given their immature reactions to her mannerisms, no doubt the above undeniable truth of life applies to Pacifist Patriot and a majority of the females at the DUmp.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

I guess Palin could only be considered serious if:

A. She was a democrat

B. She was ugly and fat.

C. All of the above.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline comradebillyboy

Even by the low standards of the DUmp, this has to be one of the most hateful, ignorant and sexist threads ever. Palin absolutely rocked last night, and Biden was his usual boring and tedious self.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I guess Palin could only be considered serious if:

A. She was a democrat

B. She was ugly and fat.

C. All of the above.

Hey, you left out carpet-muncher!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lanie

I think Jesus is going to have a nice, long talk with this country one day and their hating people over politics.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
As I've said before, the DUmp reaction to Palin is precious. The fact that their reactions are so over the top tells me all I need to know about the woman.   :bow:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline MrsSmith

It sounds to me as though they protest too much.  She must really turn them on something awful.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Women of the DUmp today....

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kpPwC7QRvFQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kpPwC7QRvFQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
There's no question Palin would be a poor candidate if we were going after the votes of faggots and bull daggers. Since those two groups comprise a large percentage of the DUmp population, she doesn't do well there, or on MSNBC. Among the Republican base, i.e., normal people, the concensus is that she was fabulous last night, and is an outstanding candidate.

Offline Airwolf

Well when most of the s ocalled females at the DUmp range in looks equal to Morticia Addams to a huge Solar eclipse then its no wonder they hate "The Sarahcuda".
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Well when most of the s ocalled females at the DUmp range in looks.....to a huge Solar eclipse.....

Damn, that's good, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

Well when most of the s ocalled females at the DUmp range in looks.....to a huge Solar eclipse.....

Damn, that's good, sir.

Thank you Frank.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"