The Help Desk > Computer Related Discussions & Questions

Computers suck

(1/3) > >>

jendf:
Don't mind me. I just wanted to be the first to post in a forum.  :-)

Commence with computer questions.

Zeus:
I recall hearing how computers were going to simplify our lives. More & more you encounter instances where you try to conduct business but are told "Sorry we can't do that now our computers are down"

Aren't people taught how to use pen & paper anymore ?

djones520:

--- Quote from: Zeus on January 07, 2008, 03:27:16 PM ---I recall hearing how computers were going to simplify our lives. More & more you encounter instances where you try to conduct business but are told "Sorry we can't do that now our computers are down"

--- End quote ---

They've certainly simplified my life.  I can't even imagine trying to forecast the weather without computers.

Thor:

--- Quote from: Zeus on January 07, 2008, 03:27:16 PM ---I recall hearing how computers were going to simplify our lives. More & more you encounter instances where you try to conduct business but are told "Sorry we can't do that now our computers are down"

--- End quote ---

Zeus, while I was active duty, they'd issue ID cards using the paper method. Went to get an new ID card for the daughter and they couldn't issue her one because they couldn't log onto the DEERS server. (It was down, apparently) I was thinking.......... our military is ****ed if we ever lose our computers for whatever reason.

djones520:

--- Quote from: Thor on January 08, 2008, 09:57:05 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Zeus, while I was active duty, they'd issue ID cards using the paper method. Went to get an new ID card for the daughter and they couldn't issue her one because they couldn't log onto the DEERS server. (It was down, apparently) I was thinking.......... our military is ****ed if we ever lose our computers for whatever reason.

--- End quote ---

Amen to that.  A couple years ago they started the "paperless" AF initiative.  They didn't want us keeping any paper records.  It had to all be electronically backed up.

Screw that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version