Author Topic: The Morning Briefing: Mitt Romney's Tedious Treachery Shtick Has Worn Thin  (Read 302 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I try not to bring an obvious op-ed to these pages, but like all humans at one time or another, I fail.  :-)

Stephen Kruiser's daily article is one that I enjoy -- especially the "Everything Isn't Awful" segment at the end.

But this time, Stephen talks about The Premier RINO Turd of All Time -- Mittens Romney.

A bit of background, if I may -- Mittens was born to George Romney, who was governor of Michigan when I was shoveling the snow off the walks in the winter and riding my Schwinn Sting-Ray in the summer. At that time, Mittens was learning how to be a political schmuck -- not too hard when his father did the stuff he did, include run for president. That was an unmitigated disaster, thank God, though George was a so-called Republican.

Secondly, I lived in Salt Lake City from 2000-2004 when Mittens came to "rescue" the 2002 Olympics. Nothing could be further from the truth. Mittens merely cashed in on the efforts of the two guys who simply did what others had done vis a vis the Olympic Committee, and claimed that he "saved" the Olympics.

In a word, "balderdash." He did nothing of the sort. Like a plagiarist (like SharterJoe), he merely claimed credit for others' efforts. Kinda nice of Mittens, eh?

But we knew that anyway, didn't we?  :whistling:

So now, here comes Mittens with an opportunity to show his alleged Republican party alliance -- and he fails. Magnificently. One can only hope that the Utahns who can see beyond the hype understand the Turddom that is Mitt Romney.

Happy Friday, dear Kruiser Morning Briefing friends. Terrell’s lost summer pursuing his dream of being a Zumba instructor was never spoken of again upon his return to the ashram.

Although Mitt Romney’s loss in the 2012 United States presidential election gave us another four years of His High Holiness the Lightbringer Barack Obama, a lot of conservatives are now thinking we may have dodged a bullet. Three years of Romney in the Senate haven’t painted a pretty picture of what a Romney presidency might have been like.

Mittens masquerades as a man of deep principles. In reality, he’s a base political opportunist, no different from most politicians.

He’s also a guy who keeps his fellow Republicans looking over their shoulders.

Romney’s “principles” occasionally compel him to shiv other Republicans in the back. Lincoln has the story of Romney’s latest antic:

It was no surprise to me to learn that Utah’s answer to Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney (can we just call him “Liz” Romney?), refused to give [Sen. Mike] Lee his endorsement ahead of the midterms.

The Deseret News said that a campaign spokesman stated that the support included endorsements, donations, or expressions of support. The same article quoted Romney as saying, “I don’t think endorsements make any difference in a race to speak of. People in the race are my friends. I usually try and avoid situations where they’ve been friends. I may endorse and I may not, but I really haven’t given it any thought at this point.”

Mike Lee is the senior senator in Utah. An endorsement from the junior senator in the state would seem almost automatic. Lee’s opponent, however, is Evan McMullin, who is running as an independent.

McMullin, of course, was the Great White Hope of the frothing Never Trump crowd in 2016. Some future Lincoln Project types tried to sell the idea that McMullin had a chance to derail Trump. It was a convoluted dream that practically required importing ancient alchemists via time travel. Not surprisingly, the voters didn’t buy it. It’s amazing that he has backing now, given the fact that he stiffed most of the people who loaned him money in 2016.

Related: Moderate Republicans’ Stockholm Syndrome Relationship With Dems Has to End

We are all aware that Romney is no fan of President Trump. No doubt his lack of willingness to endorse Lee is because of McMullin’s Never Trumpiness. Romney is smart enough not to endorse McMullin, however. That would greatly deplete what political capital he still has with his fellow Republicans.

If the GOP should take back control of the Senate, they might want to propose a Romney-for-Manchin trade with the Dems. I’m only somewhat kidding there.

Yes, Mitt Romney is a solid vote most of the time. The problem with him is that he loves these moments where the left media fawns over him for doing something that irritates other Republicans. He relishes this kind of spotlight, which makes him completely untrustworthy. His “John McCain saves Obamacare” moment isn’t too far off.

The Republican party will never be able to accomplish anything significant until it purges what I like to call its “Romney Wing.” There is progress being made in that regard, but the wing’s namesake will eventually have to go.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2022/09/30/the-morning-briefing-mitt-romneys-tedious-treachery-shtick-has-worn-thin-n1633366
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.