Author Topic: I am an American Veteran. My fellow Americans, you need to get out of rural are  (Read 483 times)

Online CC27

maxrandb (12,319 posts)

I am an American Veteran. My fellow Americans, you need to get out of rural areas

While I appreciate the message that "Dems need to talk to rural America", and I'm thankful that, on rare occasions, a State with more cows than people will send a Democrat to the Senate, I'm tired of this mythical "Dems need to reach out to rural America" bullshit.

I want to say "****" a thousand times, because I'm about fed up to my latte drinking ass with this ****ing "Dems need to talk to rural Murika" bullshit.

Alll this ****ing country has been doing, EVEN 200 years before it was a country, has been talking to and catering to these white rural areas .

We can't even get a ****ing Post Office in Columbus Ohio named without first considering how it impacts rural America!

I would not be so ****ing pissed about this, if just ONCE since the creation of this country, ANYONE had suggested that "rural America needs to talk to urban America ...JUST ONCE!

Maybe rural America should visit some inner city schools, with their delapidated buildings, broken desks, faulty electrical systems, broken plumbing and broken windows.

Maybe rural America should come over and share a few pitchers of water with a Flint Michigan Family.

Maybe rural America should visit some poverty stricken areas of the city and, when they ask why people live there, they can find out that for 400 years, Banks and Real Estate Agents have "redlined" them into those areas and told them this is the ONLY place they were welcome.

Maybe rural America can visit an area of 20,000 that doesn't have access to fresh produce and groceries within 10 miles. Not by choice because they want to "live out in the country", but because the stores are all in the "good areas" of town.

Maybe rural America should sit down with that waitress serving $60 Steaks for 12 hours a day for minimum wage, who then has to drive an UBER for 4 more hours so she can afford her 400 Square Foot Walk-up and childcare for her kid.

Maybe the problem ISN'T that "Dems aren't talking to rural America". Maybe the problem is rural America doesn't give one **** about anything but rural America .

Why is this always only a one-way street?

Why do I see thousands of these "Dems need to reach out to rural America" stories, but never even one "Retrumplicans need to reach out to urban America" stories?

Why is urban America expected to "understand" and "empathize" with rural America, but that expectation is NEVER reversed?

Is rural America the only ones that have a story to tell?

Are they ever asked to "understand" where 65% of Americans live?

Do we ever go to the corn farmer and ask him, or her, to understand what the Taco Truck owner in Los Angeles, or the single mom in Atlanta has to deal with?

Of course not.

Why would rural America ever give a shit about urban America when they're NEVER asked to?

Call me when Chuck Todd shows up to talk to voters in Pittsburgh instead of ****ing Beaver County, PA.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216121525

What a word salad.

Offline DUmpDiver

Does Nance Greggs have a mole?

Offline SVPete

maxrandb (12,319 posts)

I am an American Veteran. My fellow Americans, you need to get out of rural areas

While I appreciate the message that "Dems need to talk to rural America", and I'm thankful that, on rare occasions, a State with more cows than people will send a Democrat to the Senate, I'm tired of this mythical "Dems need to reach out to rural America" bullshit.

I want to say "****" a thousand times, because I'm about fed up to my latte drinking ass with this ****ing "Dems need to talk to rural Murika" bullshit.

Alll this ****ing country has been doing, EVEN 200 years before it was a country, has been talking to and catering to these white rural areas .

I've got a great idea! DUpipo need to boycott, utterly refuse to buy, products from "rural America"! :-)  :tongue:

As for the entirely irrelevant, "I am an American Veteran,"   
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
maxrandb (12,319 posts)

Alll this ****ing country has been doing, EVEN 200 years before it was a country, has been talking to and catering to these white rural areas .  What urban areas were here in 1500's?  Even in the 1600's, few settlements and harbors could really be called cities.

We can't even get a ****ing Post Office in Columbus Ohio named without first considering how it impacts rural America!

I would not be so ****ing pissed about this, if just ONCE since the creation of this country, ANYONE had suggested that "rural America needs to talk to urban America ...JUST ONCE!

Maybe rural America should visit some inner city schools, with their delapidated buildings, broken desks, faulty electrical systems, broken plumbing and broken windows.  Yup, none of those in tiny farm towns, like where I grew up, where they've been using technology to teach 2-4 towns at once cause there ain't funds to pay for teachers in all the towns.

Maybe rural America should come over and share a few pitchers of water with a Flint Michigan Family. Ever had to price digging a well, either for home or farm use?  Jump through county hoops to get permission for such things?

Maybe rural America should visit some poverty stricken areas of the city and, when they ask why people live there, they can find out that for 400 years, Banks and Real Estate Agents have "redlined" them into those areas and told them this is the ONLY place they were welcome.  Looked up a few poverty maps, rural America has an awful lot of poor people too, and they don't have Best Buys or Walgreens to go loot when times are hard.  And again, 400 years ago would be the 1600's.  Not a lot of the type of banking and real estate work you're thinking of going on

Maybe rural America can visit an area of 20,000 that doesn't have access to fresh produce and groceries within 10 miles. Not by choice because they want to "live out in the country", but because the stores are all in the "good areas" of town. Try 20 miles and two towns over to the nearest Walmart, cause the mom and pop grocery store chad to close cause couldn't keep up.  Also, feel free to go start up your own darn high quality, fresh produce carrying grocery store in one or more of those "food deserts". 

Maybe rural America should sit down with that waitress serving $60 Steaks for 12 hours a day for minimum wage, who then has to drive an UBER for 4 more hours so she can afford her 400 Square Foot Walk-up and childcare for her kid.

Maybe the problem ISN'T that "Dems aren't talking to rural America". Maybe the problem is rural America doesn't give one **** about anything but rural America .

Why is this always only a one-way street? Cause proggies only care about their power and bank accounts

Why do I see thousands of these "Dems need to reach out to rural America" stories, but never even one "Retrumplicans need to reach out to urban America" stories?

Why is urban America expected to "understand" and "empathize" with rural America, but that expectation is NEVER reversed?

Is rural America the only ones that have a story to tell?

Are they ever asked to "understand" where 65% of Americans live? Ask those 65% to name a rural state

Do we ever go to the corn farmer and ask him, or her, to understand what the Taco Truck owner in Los Angeles, or the single mom in Atlanta has to deal with?

Of course not.

Why would rural America ever give a shit about urban America when they're NEVER asked to?

Call me when Chuck Todd shows up to talk to voters in Pittsburgh instead of ****ing Beaver County, PA.  Looks like urban Pennsylvania is pretty solidly blue, while rural Pennsylvania is more split, requiring more campaigning to get those votes out.  Want politicians to come talk to you?  Give them a reason instead of automatically vote a straight party ticket all the time.  Career politicians don't want to do any more work than is required to get elected.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216121525

Typical DUmp sound and fury signifying nothing.

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline thundley4

Most of the things the DUmmie complains about are the direct results of Democrat policies and control.

Offline Mr Mannn

I for one am all in favor of Democrats leaving rural areas. At least for me there would be a haven for common sense.

Sp please, all Lefties, go ahead and concentrate among the crime ridden, urban hell holes.
It is your natural habitat after all.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Sounds like this very angry primitive S.P. Rushley  needs to examine what happened to the Roman Empire when they focused more on what was best for the city of Rome than the rest of the kingdom.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
When a DUmbass claims to be a vet the acronym that comes to mind is REMF (Rear Echelon Mother ****er).
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline landofconfusion80

Being that I reside in a rural area, I completely agree with this primitive
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Maybe he doesn't like to eat. All those things that end up on his dinner plate didn't originate in urban America. I don't recall seeing pictures of crops of corn and wheat in Central Park.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

As a part time rural resident, I support this idea.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Every survivalist-guerilla I've ever talked to has a plan for trapping city-dwellers in a city after shutting-down airports and setting-up blockades and choke-points.  Pick any city.  It has its own unique vulnerabilities.

Da Vinci and Henry Ford even had concerns about the idea, pro and con.